The Temple Bar: Don't Step to This ... MUYFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wtf_cat.jpg.w300h371_HeOTTJstzM5Z.jpg

pfan won't have to skip school. If the Phillies win, by the morning there won't be a city left. Pfan is going to become like the Fresh Prince in I Am Legend. All alone in city wrought with destruction.

I think it was like 1980 or 83. Philly is the city with most consecutive seasons in all sports with a championship. It's like, 10 to the 8th or something. It's vast. Combine with the angriest city in the US and you got a powder keg just waiting for a spark. And Chase Utley may be that spark. Unless Philly stays true to form and chokes. In which case...well, same thing will come to pass, I guess.

I think it was like 1980 or 83. Philly is the city with most consecutive seasons in all sports with a championship. It's like, 10 to the 8th or something. It's vast. Combine with the angriest city in the US and you got a powder keg just waiting for a spark. And Chase Utley may be that spark. Unless Philly stays true to form and chokes. In which case...well, same thing will come to pass, I guess.

Ah, thanks.

I remember the last time they lost :shifty:

Me too. :shifty: I still think Curt Shilling is a big fat jerk to this day, with his overdramatics when Mitch Williams took the field to pitch. You don't do shit like that to a teammate.

When's the last time the Phillies won?

I'd rather see them win, btw. It pisses me off when expansion teams win too quickly.

The Rays have been around for more than 10 years, so I hardly think that this can be termed 'too quickly'. This was also their first year with more than 70 wins, so there's that.

Although, I would dearly love for any expansion or relocated team in Toronto to win a Cup before the Leafs. There would be no words. :drool:

:wink:

The Rays have been around for more than 10 years, so I hardly think that this can be termed 'too quickly'. This was also their first year with more than 70 wins, so there's that.

Although, I would dearly love for any expansion or relocated team in Toronto to win a Cup before the Leafs. There would be no words. :drool:

:wink:

I know it's been 10 years, but I guess I mean relative to the history of the game, you know? It bugged me when the Marlins and Diamondbacks won, too.

I hope for you it's 1 and not 3. :wink:

:up:
They should be good to go tonight. The Rays look done.
Awesome. You skipping class tmw or will it be Wed?
I think it's Wednesday or Thursday. I'm not going to school.
pfan won't have to skip school. If the Phillies win, by the morning there won't be a city left. Pfan is going to become like the Fresh Prince in I Am Legend. All alone in city wrought with destruction.
I'm going dancing in the streets tonight, my friend.
When's the last time the Phillies won?

I'd rather see them win, btw. It pisses me off when expansion teams win too quickly.

The Rays are a circus team with a circus stadium and a circus fan base.
Without is the word you were looking for.

1983 - Last Sixers championship
1980 - Last Phillies championship
1975 - Last Flyers championship
1960 - Last Eagles championship (pre-Super Bowl)
Phillies one and only World Championship was 1980...beat the KC Royals in 6 games...they went to the Series in 1983 (swept) and 1993 (lost in 6)...Pfan has never seen a Series win...so good for him...:up:
Indeed. They won it at home with their best pitcher on the mound. Sounds familiar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom