The second official 2012 AFL thread: Undefeated after six rounds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the emptiest I've seen AAMI Stadium in a long time, and that includes even when there is no game on.

:lmao: I was just about to come and post something like that, but you beat me to it in style.

Proof nobody gives a toss about either team right now. I picked North so I'd rather they win for the sake of my tips, but part of me wouldn't mind Port snaring a win just to vaguely keep them in the season.

Just at quarter-time on the Port/'Roos broadcast and it's nice and close, so I'll avoid peeking at the score for now.

I see the Hawks are continuing to pile on the goals and humiliate Freo.

Um ...

Holy shit. North are a disgrace to the AFL. Putrid team. Massive choke and Schulz is allowed to kick 7.

Yeah.

If it was Geelong or anyone like that I could understand, but Port? Hahaha that's friggin' hilarious.

Just finished watching it. 34 point turnaround! Last ten minutes were just bizarre - and by god were Port elated. North Melbourne must be feeling pretty shit though, going from verge of the eight to losing to the Dogs and Port in consecutive weeks.

I was all "huzzah, at least I've got 3 out of 3 in my tips" until there was a minute left in the game. :lol:

Also, Sydney's doing an even bigger number on Melbourne than Hawthorn did on Freo. As if things weren't bad enough for the Dees ...!

I swear every match Jeremy Howe just has to take a screamer. He is so consistent.

Fuck Port. I hate sides that are impossible to tip, especially the terrible ones.

Completely unsurprised that the Hawks mauled Freo. They had Sandilands back too? What a sad effort.

Melbourne still hasn't cracked the 20 point mark halfway through the third quarter. :laugh:

Sydney's stumbling home after being fired for an embarrassing couple weeks of work and taking their frustrations out on Melbourne. :sad:

:lol:

Imagine trying to pick up chicks if you're a Melbourne player.

Chick: So, what do you do?
Sad Lonely Melbourne Guy (SLMG): I play in the AFL.
Chick: Oooh, who do you play for?
Chick, thinking: Carlton? Collingwood? Essendon? Hawthorn? I'm too old and out of high school for a St Kilda player to be interested ...
SLMG: The Dees.
Chick: Did you say the Dons?
Chick, thinking: Fuck I hope he said the Dons, not the Dees.
SLMG: No, the Melbourne Demons.
Chick: ... oh. I'll go over there now. Bye.

He understands women. He knows what it's like, being underestimated by society. Overlooked. Trampled on.

It's a real panty peeler, he hopes.

Completely unsurprised that the Hawks mauled Freo. They had Sandilands back too? What a sad effort.

Sandilands could be in the best form of his life and it wouldn't mean all that much if his midfielders aren't doing anything productive.

He understands women. He knows what it's like, being underestimated by society. Overlooked. Trampled on.

It's a real panty peeler, he hopes.

Only problem is, women have achieved many great things, while he hasn't.

Jim Stynes is probably turning in his grave so fiercely that he'll be reanimated soon.

So Melbourne clock up their second triple-digit loss this season. Sounds like Jurrah had a weak comeback too.

I'm definitely inclined to pick GWS when they meet the Demons.

Very exciting first quarter in the Essendon vs Richmond game. Bombers looking pretty good, but the Tiges aren't far behind us and seem to be having the best run of the centre clearances.

Meanwhile, looks like a low-scoring and inaccurate contest between the Dogs and the Suns in Darwin. Suns led at the first break though!

I honestly feel like Richmond should be a little closer than they are, what with some inaccuracy late in the second quarter, but it's been a very enjoyable half of footy as far as I'm concerned. Glad we're watching this game and not what looks like a horrendous game in Darwin - half time it's Dogs 2.6 18 to Gold Coast 2.9 21. Fucking hell.

Oh god, that third quarter was largely poor by the Bombers. Tiges honestly probably should be in front, but their kicking was woeful. The 23 point lead that we have flatters us, and given what Port did to the 'Roos earlier, I'm naturally pretty nervous heading into this final quarter. God I hope we don't blow it. :uhoh:

Oh man this is so much better than last night's Geelong and Collingwood match.

Fuuuck, down to five points now. Oh shit oh shit oh shit, Tiges are looking good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom