The second official 2012 AFL thread: Undefeated after six rounds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dogs probably have a bit of Cap space now that Hall is gone, but I can't see the point of him going there. If He goes to the Demons it makes a bit more sense, I think they have a brighter future ahead of them in a couple of years. The dogs will still lose a few veterans soon.

He's either gonna stay at the pies or go interstate.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict Carlton will be 2012 premiers.

I"m sure I'll be wrong.

Of the '09 Grand Finalists, who has a better list now?

Geelong or St. Kilda?

That's not an easy one to answer.

Geelong without a doubt. St. Kilda have a few great talents about but not at the quantity of Geelong's.

Their recent form hasn't been great. They were very lucky to beat Gold Coast and even if they beat Port comfortably, they only managed a measly 12 goals against them and were hardly impressive. I have little doubt that Hawthorn will win.

Dammit, don't jinx it! *paranoid*

I have no idea who to tip for 'Pies v. Cats. It may by coin-tossing time... or add-up-the-injuries time.

Okay, here goes:

Collingwood vs. Geelong (by 15)
Port vs. North
Hawthorn vs. Freo
Sydney vs. Melbourne (this isn't good for the old Melb vs. Sydney rivalry, in non-AFL terms)
Bulldogs vs. Gold Coast
Essendon vs. Richmond
Brisbane vs. GWS
Carlton vs. Adelaide
Weagles vs. St. Kilda

I was briefly tempted to be brave and pick Port at home, but then I remembered The Rule.

Pies are gaining steam and the Cats haven't impressed in weeks (not that Collingwood has, but they have won four straight). To me, you've got to tip the hot hand. They're similarly matched in talent, but Geelong is reeling after that ugly loss to Adelaide. Maybe you could spin this as them needing the win more, but neither are exactly dominating the ladder. It's big for both sides. I give it to Collingwood by a nose.

I ended up tipping Geelong because (I think) the 'Pies have more injury woes, and I wanted to tip against the Tip-O-Meter just once, and also I'd rather Geelong won. I never said I was going to be logical. :wink:

I'm pretty sure I'd get it wrong no matter which way I went. I just hope this round isn't as upsetty as the last one!

In unrelated news, I'm suddenly attending the Hawks/Richmond game next weekend on Saturday arvo. I wish I could be more confident going into that!

Bruce is right, pies by 1.

0.jpg

lol this match

It's just as enthralling as their usual matchups even if there are so many turnovers.

Fucking hell, I missed the whole match!

At least I got the tip. Geelong is still good, but they're on the way down.

Hawkins got infringed on numerous times without free kicks, but when he actually got a shot he screwed them up badly.

FUCKING GAY ughhh horrendous umpiring. Though we weren't very good mind you.

Yay we beat you, in the middle of May!!! :wink: Good win in a very sloppy game. Don't know why you guys missed so many goals in the last, must have contracted Collingwoods disease.

Was hillarious post match, Scott almost left his presconference because Triple M was playing loudly nearby. :lol:

I was at a gig (fuuuuck Ne Obliviscaris were good) so I didn't see the game, but when I checked the score on my phone and saw it was level with only a few minutes left, I wondered if we might have a draw on our hands! Shame not, but at least I got the pick.

We were waiting for a train home at Flinders St Station and this guy burst into literally the worst rendition of the Collingwood team song ever. Well, maybe it would've been even worse if he'd forgotten the lyrics and had tried to hum the melody (since he didn't seem to know the melody or the tempo), but not by much. I actually didn't think it was physically possible to be that off-key.

No streams there now. :(

I'm shithouse at finding streams nowadays; have no idea where else to look.

I suppose I could turn on the ABC and watch the VFL, but I've never watched a second of it in my life.

Those last 10 minutes in the first half between Hawthorn and Freo ...

Kicked like 5 goals then. :lol: EDIT: Make that 6.

8 goals in that quarter. After only 2 in the first. :laugh: Lyon's flood didn't work for too long.

Good god. Have Hawthorn decided to respond resoundingly to their critics or something? Freo are fucked. :lol:

No sign of a stream? Think I'm going to put on the delayed coverage of Port vs North because I haven't looked at the score and see just how bad the game is.

This is the emptiest I've seen AAMI Stadium in a long time, and that includes even when there is no game on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom