The second official 2012 AFL thread: Undefeated after six rounds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shit, if that injury to Tippett is serious, that's going to REALLY hurt Adelaide's chances.

We need all the help we can get. Adelaide is coughing up some free kicks that have aided us also.

It was, what, 12? minutes coming, but finally somebody scores something! Such a tightly fought quarter.

Reason #1,046 why Aussie Rules is better than soccer: 12 minutes is an eternity between scores.

Murphy destroyed and Crows up by 20: cue Traviud's despair in 5, 4, 3 ...

What a goal right on half time!

Suddenly not looking good at all for the Blues. They seem to have imploded over the last eight or so minutes.

I might as well go to bed. We haven't come back from a 10 point deficit this season to win, let alone 26.

What's the word on Tippett?

Oh c'mon LM, if Port can come back from 32 down early in the fourth, anything can happen here!

I wouldn't put it beyond Carlton to stage a comeback but the chances of that have diminished greatly after Murphy had gone down.

I wouldn't put it beyond Carlton to stage a comeback but the chances of that have diminished greatly after Murphy had gone down.

That fucker hasn't contributed anything in weeks. Teams have been abusing him lately and he's done nothing to adjust. I swear I heard his name called in the GWS match, but we might have rested him. It's nice to have him there, but...5 disposals so far? Whatever.

We're going to lose because, like last week and the week before that (and of course the Essendon match, which featured the most horrendous 3rd quarter ever), there's no reason to expect us to adjust our scheme in any meaningful way coming out of 1/2 time. Maybe sometime in the 4th we'll set someone closer to the attacking goal.

Just went out for our evening run during half time ... come back and Adelaide still look very solid. Wouldn't put a comeback out of the picture yet, but I'm currently feeling good about tipping them.

Glad I tipped the Crows too. Think it was the only tip I made that wasn't the majority one, had a good feeling about them.

Port's victory yesterday was great, truly deserved. Even if the Roos became complacent, for Port to believe that they could still win it with so little time left and with such a margin shows that they have developed in some areas.

Can't watch the Eagles game but it's looking good so far. :D

Yeah, looks like a Carlton comeback is well out of the question now. They're not going to be doing a Port Adelaide. Feels like they're going through the motions until the final siren right now.

And ouch, St Kilda are getting massacred so far! Imagine West Coast will retain top spot on the ladder ... ah well, was kind of hoping Essendon might be #1 at the end of the round but didn't really think it'd happen.

Guess it's kind of lucky LM went to bed in the end - what an absolute thrashing. I'm kind of inclined to pick Adelaide next week against Collingwood now, especially since it's a home game for the Crows. Blues have got Melbourne next week to help them bounce back. Speaking of Melbourne, that mark's fucking incredible and probably on its own better than the rest of their season combined.

Was Koschitzke OK after that collapse? Guess he must be, since he's playing the game right now.

St Kilda mounting a bit of a comeback ...? They've got 20-0 for the first five minutes of the third quarter.

Yep. Saw a doctor yesterday saying if you get three you should retire. I think that's over the top. No I'm not a doctor and footy players aren't the smartest blokes going round but that's taking precautions way too far. Footy is their lives. Accidents happen.

Footy isn't their whole lives. Their lives could be fucked as soon as they retire if they keep going like that, they could be incapable of a new job or a degree and could be a huge burden on their families with major head injuries.

3 still sounds like an arbitrary choice though, I would think unique circumstances should be considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom