The second official 2012 AFL thread: Undefeated after six rounds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, but that's how they feel during their careers. Bartel's been concussed more than three times, are you going to tell him he can't play anymore? I've got mates who've been concussed through footy a couple of times and they're no different. These are the risks you take.

Boxing will never be banned :shrug:

Well that turned into one of those annoying games where you can't really tell where your team is at even though they utterly dominated for half of the game.

Still happy with the win, though.

Well, at least I have a good grasp on where we're at. What a pack of fucking losers. No matter how "real" your opponent may be, you don't let anyone do that to you at home. We're toast.

I wouldn't be so upset if I were a fan of Port or something, I don't expect their players to care either, but I hold the Blues to higher standards. This is disgusting.

Melbourne should be a nail biter like GWS.

I know, but that's how they feel during their careers. Bartel's been concussed more than three times, are you going to tell him he can't play anymore? I've got mates who've been concussed through footy a couple of times and they're no different. These are the risks you take.

Boxing will never be banned :shrug:

Yeah, I can't see boxing being banned, or not for decades at least. The whole "three strikes and you're out" thing does sound arbitrary, I do think it should be a case-by-case thing. I also think that many sportspeople are a bit too blasé about knocks on the head... Brains are delicate things, and there's still a lot we don't know about how they work.

I hope that title was some editor's idea rather than your own! :laugh:

But yeah, seen this around a bit (obviously, given the places we go to) and it sounds pretty fun.

Shame you're not going to State of Origin in a good sport.

OH THAT'S RIGHT THE AFL KILLED IT.

2444264-16x9-940x529.jpg

I've decided the more I think about my tips, the worse I do, so...

Dogs vs. Cats (by 25)
Tigers vs. Hawks (They'd better, since I'll be at the game with a Richmond supporter)
Suns vs. Power (What the hell...)
Saints vs. Swans
Giants vs. Bombers
Crows vs. 'Pies
'Roos vs. Lions
Blues vs. Demons
Weagles vs. Dockers

Bulldogs vs Geelong (by 50)
Tiges vs Hawks (nearly tipped the Tiges though)
Suns vs Port
Saints vs Sydney
Sheeds vs Essendon
Adelaide vs Pies
Kangas vs Brissie
Carlton vs VFL Rejects
Eagles vs Freo

So I just spent the last few minutes of the half jogging on the spot in response to a dare from Charlotte. Fucking Giansiracusa meant I had to keep jogging after the siren too! :lol:

Surprisingly close scoreline, though. Obviously I predicted a blow-out and it sort of looked like going that way, but the Doggies have fought back well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom