The Pro Wrestling Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not entirely sure what the details were, but I do recall something about HHH trying to convince Bruno once before. Anyway . . . maybe Jake Roberts? Rick Rude?

I'm not entirely sure what the details were, but I do recall something about HHH trying to convince Bruno once before. Anyway . . . maybe Jake Roberts? Rick Rude?

I think Rick Rude has got a better shot right now than Jake. If Jake is able to stay clean for a while, then he should eventually get in.

HHH might have tried to convince Bruno in the past. The article that I read gave the impression he had never personally reached out to Bruno previously. I read he was gonna travel to Pennsylvania to do it.

Royal Rumble just finished up. This year's Royal Rumble winner is John Cena. Then we had the Rock/Punk WWE title match. The Rock is the new WWE Champion.

I was pissed too. Punk is the main reason I still watch WWE. I guess McMahon wants Cena to get his "revenge" on The Rock at WM 29. Meanwhile, at least Chris Jericho is back for a few months. Plus, WWE just announced that they have re-signed Brock Lesnar for 2 years.

I hope someone gets injured and they don't rehash this Wrestlemania so my 'once in a lifetime' experience isn't actually a 'one of two in a lifetime' experience.

I hope someone gets injured and they don't rehash this Wrestlemania so my 'once in a lifetime' experience isn't actually a 'one of two in a lifetime' experience.

Interesting you should say that. Strong rumor floating around that The Undertaker might not be able to go at WM. He was to perhaps face CM Punk. If Punk doesn't have an opponent, WWE might have to make Rock/Cena a triple threat with Punk.

Interesting you should say that. Strong rumor floating around that The Undertaker might not be able to go at WM. He was to perhaps face CM Punk. If Punk doesn't have an opponent, WWE might have to make Rock/Cena a triple threat with Punk.

I was hoping for a storyline injury, not a legitimate one!

I was hoping for a storyline injury, not a legitimate one!

Well, if Punk is in the mix, your "Once in a Lifetime" match stays intact. Cena wouldn't be able to go one-on-one with The Great One. He'd have to contend with Punk too. I'd rather see a triple threat because at least Punk stands a chance of winning. If he were to be going against Taker, he would definitely be on the losing end.

That was awesome to hear.

Yes, and the montage that they showed of Bruno last night on Raw was awesome. Turns out that Bruno really appreciated HHH visiting him and explaining that the WWE product is way different than what it used to be. Gotta give props to HHH. He landed the biggest fish for the WWE HOF. Bruno's induction brings legitimacy to their HOF. Of course, there are a number of other wrestlers who should be inducted as well (Macho Man), but Bruno's induction means that anything is possible.

So far, the 2013 class is pretty top notch:

Mick Foley
Bob Backlund
Trish Stratus
Bruno
???

I agree. I think we'll have to wait at least another year before Randy gets inducted. They've already got a number of big names. They should save Randy for when he would be the centerpiece of the class.

I think the thing now is that the Poffo family won't allow Randy to go in unless Angelo and Lanny are inducted too, as a family. I guess I don't know enough about Angelo, but inducting Lanny seems more than a little bit generus.

I think the thing now is that the Poffo family won't allow Randy to go in unless Angelo and Lanny are inducted too, as a family. I guess I don't know enough about Angelo, but inducting Lanny seems more than a little bit generus.

If WWE can induct Koko B Ware, I think they can induct Lanny and Angelo. I never saw Angelo wrestle, but Lanny proved that he was a good worker in his years with the WWF. Plus, he was pretty good on the mic when he was The Genius. If WWE wants Macho Man, they'll have to allow Lanny and Angelo too. Shit, its not like Lanny's getting any younger. He might want to have someone who is still living be there to represent the family. Plus, if WWE inducts the Poffos, what about Elizabeth? That would probably be the best time to induct her as well.

I don't know what to do with Elizabeth. Major figure in WWF history for sure (and fondly remembered), but . . . what did she actually do other than stand around and be a pretty face?

I don't know what to do with Elizabeth. Major figure in WWF history for sure (and fondly remembered), but . . . what did she actually do other than stand around and be a pretty face?

Once again, I think we can cite the Koko B Ware factor. If he's in, she should be there. She was a unique talent who portayed the demands of her character perfectly. She complemented Savage nicely. She was always kind while Savage was the insanely jealous psycho. If WWE gets around to inducting Savage, I could see her going in as well. Plus, like you said, she was a major figure in WWF history. When one thinks of Macho Man, Elizabeth comes to mind immediately as well.

Once again, I think we can cite the Koko B Ware factor. If he's in, she should be there. She was a unique talent who portayed the demands of her character perfectly. She complemented Savage nicely. She was always kind while Savage was the insanely jealous psycho. If WWE gets around to inducting Savage, I could see her going in as well. Plus, like you said, she was a major figure in WWF history. When one thinks of Macho Man, Elizabeth comes to mind immediately as well.

Didn't Koko at least have a few championships outside of WWE? But yeah, Elizabeth deserves the HOF more than Drew Carey, Pete Rose, Bob Uecker, Mike Tyson, etc.

Didn't Koko at least have a few championships outside of WWE? But yeah, Elizabeth deserves the HOF more than Drew Carey, Pete Rose, Bob Uecker, Mike Tyson, etc.

He did but he never won a major championship for a big company like the WWF/E, NWA/WCW or the AWA. Koko was a talented performer. I don't mean to dog him, but I never looked at his career as Hall of Fame caliber. At least Carey, Rose, Uecker and Tyson were placed in the celebrity portion of the HOF and not seen as wrestlers per say. Plus, McMahon always loves the mainstream publicity he gets when he puts a celebrity in the mix.

He did but he never won a major championship for a big company like the WWF/E, NWA/WCW or the AWA. Koko was a talented performer. I don't mean to dog him, but I never looked at his career as Hall of Fame caliber. At least Carey, Rose, Uecker and Tyson were placed in the celebrity portion of the HOF and not seen as wrestlers per say. Plus, McMahon always loves the mainstream publicity he gets when he puts a celebrity in the mix.

I guess the HOF criteria is pretty debatable. There aren't a whole lot of objective stats to go on. Championships carry only so much weight since they're more business decisions than anything. Kevin Nash held the WWE for almost a year in the mid-90's (an era where titles were starting to change hands more frequently), and I'm not quite convinced he deserves induction. Abdullah never wrestled in the company once, and he's in. Hacksaw is more of a punchline than anything, and he's in. Some wrestlers refused induction repeatedly (Bruno, Owen Hart's family) and some even want out (Billy Graham).

I agree the criteria is debatable. I think it all comes down to impact if we're talking about a non celebrity performer. Nash was actually the last WWF Champion to hold the title for almost a year. Plus, of course, he was one of the top dogs in the nWo. From 1993 to 2000, he had a pretty good run in both the WWF and WCW. Unlike Scott Hall who never held a major title and was often suspended for drug/alcohol problems.

Bruno, of course, refused induction mainly because he despised the WWF/E's product from the Attitude/Ruthless Agression Era. Plus, McMahon Sr. had screwed him out of a lot of money during the 1970's. When HHH assured him that they now ran a family oriented product, he happily agreed to be inducted. Bruno hasn't buried the hatchet yet with McMahon Jr, but the two have agreed to meet face-to face to take care of that.

Owen isn't in because Martha Hart doesn't want him in. She is the only member of the family who doesn't want Owen inducted. Just like she doesn't want Owen featured in any WWE DVD's or video games.

As for Superstar Billy Graham, he is fucked up in the head. He can't decide whether he likes McMahon or not. He is the only one in WWE's HOF that actually wants out. It's a shame too because he has been close to death for a while and this hatred for WWE can't be good for his health.

I know they've been at it for a while but I feel like the past, current, and future Wrestlemania's have really established the event as a premier stadium event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom