The Pro Wrestling Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This belt paled in comparison to the Domed Globe.

wwe-belts-1.jpg

Everything I've read indicates otherwise. His first WWF belt was pretty ugly.

Well, I highly doubt McMahon would take too kindly to Hogan throwing out a belt of his, ugly or not. They are actually of some value. I read Hogan's autobiography and he never mentions that once. Now, if he lost it or it was stolen, I might believe that. Where did you read about this?

Well, I highly doubt McMahon would take too kindly to Hogan throwing out a belt of his, ugly or not. They are actually of some value. I read Hogan's autobiography and he never mentions that once. Now, if he lost it or it was stolen, I might believe that. Where did you read about this?

I saw it in some wrestling belt forum, I'll try to track it down. The '85 belt didn't last long either, only about a year. I've seen Hogan pictured with some of his belts over the years, but I've never seen him with the belt he won after beating the Iron Shiek.

Yeah, the 85 belt was only around for a year. Hogan got a new belt in 86. I used to watch Hogan Knows Best and he had a number of belts displayed in his home.

Just thought I'd pass this along for all of the Randy Savage fans out there. WWE will be releasing his documentary called Macho Man: The Randy Savage Story on November 18th. The documentary will feature interviews with Randy's brother, Lanny Poffo, and also his 88 year old mother. Looking forward to catching this one.

Someone with 2,800 to piss away. :wink: In the old days, the NWA Champion had to put down a 25,000 dollar deposit when they had the title insuring that no shenanigans were pulled. In 1991, Flair was released from NWA/WCW and he took his belt with him to the WWF because they wouldn't return him his money.

Yeah, I'm talking about fans not wrestlers. The "Real World's Champion" stuff is well documented.

Oh yeah, I got what you meant. I probably should have segued better. :wink:

If I had money to piss away on a belt it would be $500 tops. Flair was ok, but Bret Hart's winged eagle belt was cool. :up:

That's funny. I was thinking of that but was too lazy to type it. McMahon just continued to blur the belt. Flair/Hogan on PPV should have went down during Flair's 91/92 WWF run.

When the Midnight Rockers had a brief fued with the Rock 'n' Roll Express in 1988, Shaun Michaels said "If they're the Beatles, we're U2." From one of the old magazines.

Sting :heart:. I might finally start watching wrestling again.

Sting is a Legend. No doubt. But, he's 55 years old. I'll be curious to see how much he wrestles.With The Authority gone, they might bring back the GM. Maybe Sting fills that role? Tonight's Raw should be interesting.

I'll at least tune in tonight, if nothing else. Sting is by far and away my all-time favorite. Part of the reason I didn't jump over to WWF was that he didn't. Wasn't as much of an investment for me to watch.

I'll at least tune in tonight, if nothing else. Sting is by far and away my all-time favorite. Part of the reason I didn't jump over to WWF was that he didn't. Wasn't as much of an investment for me to watch.

I'll give you props for sticking with NWA/WCW. I used to watch both shows during the Monday Night War era, but was more of a WWF fan. Sting and Barry Windham were my favorites from NWA/WCW. Did you watch Sting when he was in TNA?

I didn't. I don't really know why I didn't follow him over there, except that, in general, my fandom waned a bit towards the end. Part of it was that I watched wrestling with my dad, and my parents were divorced in mid 1999, so I didn't see him quite as much, thus, didn't watch as much wrestling.

I think I also just didn't quite know how to watch TNA at the time and didn't find the idea appealing that I wouldn't know who most of the wrestlers were.

I adored the NWO era. It turned into a painful soap by the end, but I was addicted like nobody's business.

I didn't. I don't really know why I didn't follow him over there, except that, in general, my fandom waned a bit towards the end. Part of it was that I watched wrestling with my dad, and my parents were divorced in mid 1999, so I didn't see him quite as much, thus, didn't watch as much wrestling.

I think I also just didn't quite know how to watch TNA at the time and didn't find the idea appealing that I wouldn't know who most of the wrestlers were.

I adored the NWO era. It turned into a painful soap by the end, but I was addicted like nobody's business.

If you liked WCW/NWO, I think you would have enjoyed TNA while Sting was there. They had young stars, but they also had plenty of former WCW and WWF stars like Jeff Jarrett, Kurt Angle and so on.

I did read Sting's "autobiography" and it sounded like TNA was a blast. I regretted not watching immediately, at that point, but felt I was too far removed from wrestling to get back into it. Lately, I've been feeling nostalgic for it, though, so I've really been looking for any excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom