The Overhang: U2 at the MSG Sphere - General Discussion Thread Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I literally came here to talk about that.

Absolutely shocking to read that story and think someone actually let that happen to them. Sure it’s gutting. But for real, honestly how?? I was like convinced this person telling the story had to be in with the scammer or something. So I lurked their profile and… of their public information, they sure do sell a lot of tickets.

Which then led me to ask another question… how do you always need to be selling your concert tickets? I guess scalpers aren’t the only issue to low supply… hoarders too?

Anyways. How? Like… ok, anyone can get scammed, but Eric L. Shade white works at Murphy Tractor and Equipment and lives in Lincoln, Nebraska… whose email is… fdump910? Whose “brother’s” name shows up on PayPal as “Roberto Rojas”?? Who provides a totally sus email address “@163.com” with the words “zhi lao” written in it? Google “163” and your first hits will be exclusively Chinese characters on your English Google. Is it not weird that Eric L. Shade of Lincoln, Nebraska, quite possibly the whitest place on Earth, uses the same 1960s elementary school profile picture that his brother, Roberto Rojas, uses for his PayPal profile picture? Writing that makes me actually question how dumb the scammer is.
My only response to how someone could still be scammed with so many obvious red flags is this - Donald Trump was elected president in 2016.

Also... appears that Eric Shade was a bit... Shady

giphy.webp

Except the scammer succeeded.

Which I always find baffling. So many scammers are from outside the country and their grasp of the English language is the barest of bare minimums such that it raises an immediate red flag, yet some people still fall prey. It really blows my mind.

Did you need to edit my quote to say “I Writing that” makin me look all pot calling the kettle black? [emoji14]

I also, literally came here to post about some of the ticket scam posts I've seen on that FB group. Where have these people been for the last 20 years of the internet finding new ways to scam you on a daily basis.

I must say it doesn't help that the questions some of those communities ask you to get in are Engrishy. I just joined one and was like......I'll just write in complete sentences because I'm not quite sure wtf you're asking.

And half the Brits on the main tickets comm are Engrishy. Maybe their excuse is, hey, we invented the language, we can butcher it too!

Dear U2 Fan,

We have wonderful tickets to sell you. Please send me your debit card number and pin and you will receive your overhang free tickets via carrier pigeon.

Love Always,

Crown Prince of Nigeria

I've been waiting for that damn pigeon to arrive. I know Nigeria is a long flight, but he should have been here days ago. Gonna make him into roast squab when he finally gets here (Cause my debit card for some unknown reason got denied at Chick-fil-A, I had plenty of money in the account, must just be a glitch in the matrix, I'm sure I'll get my sandwich and waffle fries tomorrow).

I bought tickets straight from the Edge on Interference

"Friend Jick, I have 2 wonderful tickets for sale right at the rear of fantastic section 105. behind the big column and under the sweet overhang. Best view in the house. Send me your bank account info and I'll mail you these wonderful tickets".

"Friend Jick, I have 2 wonderful tickets for sale right at the rear of fantastic section 105. behind the big column and under the sweet overhang. Best view in the house. Send me your bank account info and I'll mail you these wonderful tickets".

For me, this was a Top 5 Interference moment. And I’ve been here consistently for 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom