The Overhang: U2 at the MSG Sphere - General Discussion Thread Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Per U2songs, “The Sphere has shared that the floor area is rated to hold 1840 people, including those in the Red Zone”

So, if accurate, great unwashed rube GA is 1790? Weird but ok.

1800 is a freaking club show.
By comparison, I believe the inner ring on 360 had a reported capacity of 3000?

I thought we knew the GA was about 1800 capacity from before tickets went on sale?

I see people are still losing their collective $hit over limits on bag sizes despite this being a thing at gigs for about the last 10 years or so.

Where do people find the time and energy to feed the machine on that Facebook group? Blows my mind.

Yea 1800 is absolutely miniscule.

Worst case scenario... Stage splits the floor in half. That's 900 people per side. If people can fit either in the front of back of the stage? Shiiit could be 500 per side. Or less.

Methinks it’ll be 3 sides of folks. Back is where the load-in/backline is. Side areas will probably have more space than front-of-stage, if the renders are anything to go on. From the latest video we can see where the 100s rows possibly start, so you have an idea of the actual GA space. TBD how large the actual stage is.

DEAF6CD5-6082-4154-9F15-96937EC4EB7F.jpg

Last edited:
Yea 1800 is absolutely miniscule.

Worst case scenario... Stage splits the floor in half. That's 900 people per side. If people can fit either in the front of back of the stage? Shiiit could be 500 per side. Or less.

There's ZERO reason to line up for this shit. Zero.

This is such great news, I hope. My short ass can line up like 1 hr early MAYBE, IF THAT? and be able to see well and not have to go to the back.

I need to buy a smaller camera though. The glory days of venues not caring since everyone has a camera in their phone are over. :(

This is such great news, I hope. My short ass can line up like 1 hr early MAYBE, IF THAT? and be able to see well and not have to go to the back.

Yeah if that. There will be the folks who absolutely “need” to be on the rail but beyond that I just can’t see a lineup happening to the degree it has for previous tours. Especially if the venue turns people away, Vibee folks get in first (holy moly would I laugh) or they institute an official wristband policy.

Unlike an arena or stadium show, in this building the very back of the GA is still closer than the ENTIRE rest of the building.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/enter...-5GalSd0uuz5ki4V31sX7NEk3g9XyFf9VehX-f-CiWFQc

This was very helpful especially showing the progression of sitting in a seat watching a typical movie screen, imax, super imax then basically wrapping a 4 acre size farm into a screen that is literally going to melt our faces off especially at 14k. I think our lives will be separated into BTS and ATS (Before the Sphere) then (After the Sphere).

https://www.reviewjournal.com/enter...-5GalSd0uuz5ki4V31sX7NEk3g9XyFf9VehX-f-CiWFQc

This was very helpful especially showing the progression of sitting in a seat watching a typical movie screen, imax, super imax then basically wrapping a 4 acre size farm into a screen that is literally going to melt our faces off especially at 14k. I think our lives will be separated into BTS and ATS (Before the Sphere) then (After the Sphere).
What i'd like to see is a comparison between the Sphere screen size and U2's other tours.

Like how much bigger is it than Popmart or JT30. Obviously it's the largest in arenas by far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom