The Official NHL 2008-2009 Offseason Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
wingswincup.jpg

Will the Wings repeat? Can the HNIC theme song be saved? Is Sid the Kid still crying in his beer? Will Don Cherry ever, EVER find a decent sportsjacket?

Discuss here. :hi5:

I was in the other room when it was announced and I swore they said the CTV but I thought I heard wrong but nope, it is the CTV who has bought the song! :shocked:

I was in the other room when it was announced and I swore they said the CTV but I thought I heard wrong but nope, it is the CTV who has bought the song! :shocked:

fucking CBC! :rant:

I can't believe my tax dollars pay for these morons...

If they start off HNIC with that Nickleback song for now on Wayne Brady is going to have to choke a bitch... :mad:

According to TSN. CA:

Defenceman Nicklas Lidstrom and goalie Chris Osgood will be guests on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" on Tuesday. They're slated to appear on the late-night talk show, with the Cup, at 11:35 p.m. ET.

Hope I remember to catch that...though I'll have to DVR as I hear there's a basketball game scheduled :wink:

Any word on Barry Mullet and the Lightning job?

So-ooooo....are Leafs fans happy with the Ron Wilson hire?

On an unrelated note, the Chicago Wolves won the Calder Cup last night, beating the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, Pittsburgh's farm team, in 6 games.

This means that they are now officially the best hockey team on the planet. :happy:

So-ooooo....are Leafs fans happy with the Ron Wilson hire?

I don't think it really matters who is coaching at this point, Jesus Christ himself couldn't get the current line up into the playoffs...

They really need to clean house and bring in some new young blood...

Regardless, it has been said before and bears repeating; if the MLSE board itself doesn't change their methods this is all a moot point.

On an unrelated note, the Chicago Wolves won the Calder Cup last night, beating the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, Pittsburgh's farm team, in 6 games.

This means that they are now officially the best hockey team on the planet. :happy:

Where the playoffs held in Atlanta, Germany?

I don't think it really matters who is coaching at this point, Jesus Christ himself couldn't get the current line up into the playoffs...

They really need to clean house and bring in some new young blood...

Regardless, it has been said before and bears repeating; if the MLSE board itself doesn't change their methods this is all a moot point.

Agreed. :up:

Where the playoffs held in Atlanta, Germany?

No, but there's talk of the team going there to "celebrate." And we all know what kind of celebrations take place there. :shifty:

Vancouver Canucks - News: Ryan Walter Joins Canucks Coaching Staff - 06/17/2008 :up:

This is awesome - Ryan Walters is a fantastic guy, and will be a great addition to the coaching staff.

What's even more awesome is that he's on the board of my company. A few of us were talking about it this morning, and joking that it would be so incredible if he could get us tickets. :lol: It's a long shot I'm sure, but that would be pretty sweet!

:tsk: CBC, you arseholes. That song IS CBC, you farking douchies.

Yeesh.

I was just as outraged! That was the theme song of my youth, and all of my naive hockey player aspirations. I'd get goosebumps every time I'd hear the "DUHN DUHN DUHN DUHN DUHN!" refrain. Both of my parents work for the CBC, and they were equally upset. It's such a definitive song, and to think that rival CTV swooped in and grabbed the rights is outrageous!

On the flip side, Delores, the composer, demanded an outrageous amount of money from HNIC for retaining rights. It's ugliness all around, but, there is this contest: Hockey - Sports - CBC.ca

I'm thinking one of us can win this. Fire up your synthesizers and cowbells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom