The Official NBA Thread- Business Casual Atire is Required

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
and just to torture me more, just as i was begining to enjoy watching the replay of the '94 knicks, MSG goes and interupts the end of the game to show the steve francis press conference.

just shoot me now.

But on the plus side, the headline on ESPN.com right now is "Real Men of Genius: Today we salute you, Mr. Max-Contract-Signing-General Manager". It's a Bill Simmons piece on lousy NBA GMs.

I like ours

31-50943-P.jpg

but they rarely wear them. I don't think they have once this season.

mavs_wiz_2.jpg

JStackhouse_340_050304.jpg

Stack's the only guy I can find in action wearing em

Last edited:
aaaaand the "stevie franchise" era begins with a 10-0 run... by the nets... featuring the knicks just jacking shots with no sense of offense, including one play where marbury looked off a wide open francis in order to drive into three people... and followed up with vince carter and richard jefferson posting up our midget backcourt.

the knicks... faaaaaantastic.

this is an utter disaster.

not only should isiah be fired, but so should larry brown.

rather than get the ball to the young bigs, who need touches in order to get better... and i don't think eddy curry even ha a shot yet, channing frye has two, one rushed peremeter shot and one fast break dunk.

i know this roster is a disaster, but larry brown has zero control over his team.

Who decides who goes on the IA? Larry or Isiah?

Are Butler or Woods active? If either of them are active while Nate is inactive, whoever made that decision should be fired immediatly.

qyntel woods is active. i'm not sure about butler, but i'm asuming he's inactive as well.

that's a great shot on MSG right now... Marbury sitting with a towel over his head, francis slumping in his chair with his arms folded.

i think i'm gonna become a clippers fan.

It's so obvious Franchise doesn't wanna be in New York.

If you were named Knicks' GM right this moment, what would be your plan?

namkcuR said:

It's so obvious Franchise doesn't wanna be in New York.

If you were named Knicks' GM right this moment, what would be your plan?

1) be honest with knick fans. this is a disaster that needs a long time to be fixed. tell them that the team may lose, and things may get worse before it gets better (if that is possible). most knicks fans know this already.

2) make sure that no one over the age of 25 is signed past the summer of 2009. if i can trade someone for youth and picks? fine. if i can't? then just let their contracts expire and good riddance.

3) improve the scouting department. seeing as isiah's given away our picks this year and next, in order to improve through the draft they'll have to find a late round or second round steal.

4) play the young kids. i don't care if there's 45 million dollars worth of players on the bench or inactive list, the kids are gonna play.

of course, as long as jim dolan is the owner, this will never happen. the only thing that will convince dolan that this needs to happen is if people stop showing up, but believe it or not, the garden's attendance... although a lot less than where it was in the 90s... is still not that bad. they get at leawst 15-16,000 a night, despite the team being terrible.

despite the sheer amount of money pumped into the knicks and rangers over the last 5 years... despite losing an entire season of hockey... madison square garden is still making money. as long as dolan's making money, he's happy.

I just went to my first "Darko Milicic Era" Magic game and I liked the guy, I wasn't expecting much.

Oh, and the arena became Little Puerto Rico when Carlos Arroyo breathed on the ball

i'm going to take a dump on the next person i hear use the phrase "volume shooter," unless it's said in disgust or in a sarcastic manner.

I always knew you were a volume shooter, just in a different sense.

i don't care what anyone says... watching kobe play still disgusts me.

I'm with you.

I liked the fact that he led in assists for the ASG. I think he was basically trying to make a statement that he's not a selfish prick.

Well, statement failed.

i think it goes to show you how clueless he is that in the all star game, the one game where people actually want you to put on an offensive show, kobe was passive... up until the last minute when he took a fade away jumper with two guys hanging all over him. now that's the mamba we know and love.. to hate.

I've never liked The Mamba, and this season didn't help either.

It's also partially Shaq's fault The Mamba is hated as much as he is, because he's "The lovable big guy" so The Mamba has to be the "cutthroat prima donna". Atleast the shoes both fit IMO.

it's not shaq's fault... kobe could have been the loveable sidekick, and LA would be working towards the Celtics consecutive championship streak.

How do you figure? They lost in the second round to the Spurs in 03 and in the finals to the Pistons in 04, before Shaq was traded. If they wanted to tie or break the Celtics' consecutive title streak, they would've had to start over at 0 even Shaq was still there.

And if he was, I still don't think they'd get eight straight. A Duncan/Parker/Manu led Spurs team and a Nash/Amare/Marion lead Suns team would've given them a huge run for their money every year, especially the Spurs. To say nothing of the Pistons, who are better than you give them credit for.

I think it's a huge stretch to say, 'If Kobe has just been less of a prick, the Lakers would've won 8 or 9 titles in a row'.

namkcuR said:

How do you figure? They lost in the second round to the Spurs in 03 and in the finals to the Pistons in 04, before Shaq was traded. If they wanted to tie or break the Celtics' consecutive title streak, they would've had to start over at 0 even Shaq was still there.

And if he was, I still don't think they'd get eight straight. A Duncan/Parker/Manu led Spurs team and a Nash/Amare/Marion lead Suns team would've given them a huge run for their money every year, especially the Spurs. To say nothing of the Pistons, who are better than you give them credit for.

I think it's a huge stretch to say, 'If Kobe has just been less of a prick, the Lakers would've won 8 or 9 titles in a row'.

this is how i figure... if kobe and shaq could get along, they wouldn't have lost to the spurs... and they would have dismantled the pistons.

this is how i figure... if kobe and shaq could get along, they wouldn't have lost to the spurs... and they would have dismantled the pistons.

I can see how they would have beat the pistons if Kobe and Shaq got along, but I don't think the Kobe/Shaq thing had anything to do with why the Lakers lost that series to the Spurs. The Spurs just beat them.

Back
Top Bottom