The Official NBA Thread- Business Casual Atire is Required

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hypothetical: If Pee-Wee Herman was a real person, and he for whatever reason became MSG chairman and owner of the Knicks tomorrow, could he do a better job of running the organization than Dolan has?

darko's actually playing quite well for orlando right now... still only playing 20-25 minutes per game, but has ended up in double digits a few times despite the limited minutes. and he's been a shot blocking machine... he's had 5 blocks in each of his last 2 games despite, once again, the limited minutes.

darko is going to be good, and detroit is going to regret getting rid of him so early.

and i believe pee wee herman is already running the knicks... and the secret word of the day is "fiscal responsability"

(yes i know it's two words :mad: )

I can't believe that Petro is in the NBA, the guy never played a good match in the French league :huh:

Hey headache, you regret Frederic Weiss ? I swear that New York would be at the top with him :yes:

Hosting the Pistons, Knicks wear green uniforms in celebration of St. Patrick's Day. Worst Uniforms EVAR.

In other news, Rasheed and Rip get ejected from the game and the Knicks win. Can't wait to see Headache weigh in on this game after he crawls home from the pub.

i would have weighed in, but i didn't see a minute of the game... wouldn't have watched the knicks with the tourney on anyway, but on st. patrick's day... yea... wasn't happening.

but i just thought of something that got my uber excited...

now i hate the pistons, but i would root for this to happen...

pistons vs. kings in the nba finals.

just think of it... the kings have been one of the hottest teams in the west ever since the artest trade, going from the lottery to the playoffs in just over a month. they're a team no one wants to face in the playoffs... if they can somehow move up a few spots, get themselves deep into the playoffs, and god forbid make the finals...

artest going to detroit for the nba championship.

:drool:

you can write drama like that.

So, seriously, when is David Stern going to run for president? I'd let him make the decisions of this country any day.

League would amend uniform code to ban tights

After instituting a "business casual" dress code and cracking down on the length of uniform shorts, the NBA has identified its next fashion crusade.

League and team sources have told ESPN.com that the NBA, starting next season, intends to ban the tights sported at various points this season by several players, including three MVP candidates: Kobe Bryant, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.

Although NBA officials are not publicly commenting on the issue, sources say that the league simply does not like the look of players wearing visible hose. It's believed that the league office, which already has regulations in place to curtail short lengths, can unilaterally outlaw tights by simply amending its uniform code before the 2006-07 season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2390599

inside1-2006-2-10-bucks-tights.jpg

I bet they're comfortable. :hmm:

i've played basketball my entire life and now coach it... i can not even think of any potential benefit wearing tights would provide. they claim they keep their legs warm... uh, ok... great. so you can't sit for 5 minutes and come back in the game without having your legs kept warm for you? are they baisicly admitting that every player that wears the tights is a pansy compared to those throughout the history of basketball who didn't? it's silly, they're silly, good riddance.

What if they pulled up their socks to their knees? That would be just about the same thing, wouldn't it?

Im not sure what the benefit of the tights is(I would just overheat), but Im also not sure why you would need to ban it?

you would ban ithem for two reasons...

#1, they look utterly rediculous

#2, it is not part of the uniform. basketball players wear shorts, not leggings.

a headband or a wristband is one thing... full leg stockings is another. the nba doesn't even allow t-shirts under jerseys, for pete's sake.

there is something said for being "uniform," for being part of the team. this still is a team sport, not an individual sport. many coaches throughout high school and college have strict guidelines on wristbands, headbands and socks. it's why you don't see a kid wearing knee high socks at duke... why the one cut sleeve one not cut sleeve that was "in with the kids" 4-5 years ago never caught on with a bobby knight coached team. the nba is very flexible with this... they'll let you wear a headband, let you wear your socks however you like, however many wristbands... all they ask is that you simply wear the uniform the way it's supposed to be worn... shorts and a jersey. from someone who came from a program where i couldn't wear socks above the bottom of my calf muscle, and wear headbands and wristbands were, uh, banned... i don't really see how what the nba asks is really that big a deal.

Last edited:
from the new york times...
Earlier in the day, the injured Marbury seemed eager to unload about the issues he has had this season, saying he would have much to say after the season ends Wednesday.

"I told Jonathan to get the podium ready," Marbury, wearing a mischievous grin and nodding toward Supranowitz, said after the morning shoot-around.

When asked to reflect on the Knicks' dismal season and his own tumultuous year, Marbury said it was not time yet.

"We can talk about that the last day we get to speak. Don't worry, I'm going to answer all of y'all questions," Marbury said.

Efforts to trade Marbury are certain to top the Knicks' off-season agenda because of his public feud with Brown. While Marbury did not specifically criticize Brown on Thursday, he repeated some of the sentiments that sparked their debate last month.

Marbury has missed seven consecutive games because of a knee strain and has given no indication he will return.

"I ain't never worried," Marbury said, referring to the possibility of a trade. "I'm going to be back in New York. I'm not going anywhere, I don't think. As far as I know. I don't see why I'd be anywhere else other than New York."

Despite his assumption that he and Brown will spend another season together, Marbury said he saw no need to hash out their differences this summer.

"I'm fine," he said. "I'm comfortable with myself and I'm content. Like I said, I came here willing and able, 100 percent committed to do whatever he wanted me to do. I did it, it didn't work, so I'm going to play like how I know how to play."

That remark was an echo of Marbury's comment last month that he needed to go back to playing like "Starbury," his alter ego. Brown prefers his point guards to pass first and score when necessary. Marbury, a scoring guard for his entire career, has bristled at changing his style.

But, he said, "There have been people who've played for a coach who didn't see things the same way, and it worked out. I don't see why it can't work out. But like I said, and I'm going to say it again: I played like Stephon Marbury this year, and next year I'm going to play like Starbury."

Later, he sounded defiant about Brown's wishes. "Oh, he don't have to worry, I'm going to do everything that I did before he came here. I don't care what he wants to hear. I'm telling you what I'm going to do."

:banghead:

The Magic beat the Spurs last night :rockon:

they've beaten Cleveland, Dallas, San Antonio, Detroit, and Miami and won 15 of their last 20 and probably won't make the playoffs.

thank you Stevie Trade Rumor.

LemonMacPhisto said:
The Magic beat the Spurs last night :rockon:

And the Mavs refused to capitalize.

I've pretty much resigned to the fact that they'll be the four-seed. It's now a question of Memphis or Clips.

The Mavs own the Clips so far this season, so that could make for a short series, which would be nice to get some rest before the Spurs showdown. But the Grizz play a style of ball similar to SA and they're one of the top defensive teams around, so that could be a good tuneup for the Spurs. Oh, the possibilities.

I'm hoping the Spurs get stuck with Sacto, because I can see that Kings team giving them fits.

Back
Top Bottom