The OFFICIAL Interference World Cup Thread - PART 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what happens if Juventus, Milan etc. are found guilty.....

....13 out of the 23 players in the Italian squad are playing in the involved clubs :huh:

U2Man said:
I wonder what happens if Juventus, Milan etc. are found guilty.....

....13 out of the 23 players in the Italian squad are playing in the involved clubs :huh:

when is the verdict ? if guilty they will need to sell there players.

J_NP said:

Frings didnt hit Crespo , He did hit Julio Cruz , which is truth he was returnin ... but still

Saw the image today , Cruz kinda slaps him and Fringis returns with a soft punch in the chin

Ah, sorry, mixed the names.

Yeah, I saw the video again. Was a big mistake by Frings, I don't know if knowingly or more as a reflex.
At last he shouldn't have done it. So I can understand that the Fifa suspended him for one game.

Germany can still take on Italy without Frings. It was a shame how the sore losers acted but let's hope both sides get penalised and not just the Germans.

Here's to another fantastic German win! :up: Can't stand all the prejudices people have against the German team. They can go back to 1943 when it actually meant something.

Last edited:
bayernfc said:
not JUST the Germans.

:| :huh:

Dude I ain't gonna start a big disc about this , just say the facts 1- I dont recall A LOT of ger playrs gettin booked 2- From the 1st you get all what I'm sayin the referee's attitude towards THE HOST

In a nutshell , aside from Frings not playin , you didnt and u just wont see Germany being penalised AT ALL . Curious you use the word JUST , like they are some bastards always injusticed

C'mon dude , there is only lackin FIFA's communicate sayin that it would be "BEAUTIFUL" if the host country was champion .......

I was just surprised to hear the first person charged to be a German player that's all. I didn't say they are always being injusticed, now did I? I guess it's understandable since they're playing tomorrow. The prejudice comment was about the fans not FIFA.

I agree that some Refs have been a problem so far especially the Netherlands-Portugal match, but to say IF (that's still a HUGE if) the Germans win the cup, it'll be because of FIFA and the Refs, is a bit pushing it. Home advantage has definitely played a part though, as it did for Korea in 2002.

J_NP said:

:| :huh:

Dude I ain't gonna start a big disc about this , just say the facts 1- I dont recall A LOT of ger playrs gettin booked 2- From the 1st you get all what I'm sayin the referee's attitude towards THE HOST

In a nutshell , aside from Frings not playin , you didnt and u just wont see Germany being penalised AT ALL . Curious you use the word JUST , like they are some bastards always injusticed

C'mon dude , there is only lackin FIFA's communicate sayin that it would be "BEAUTIFUL" if the host country was champion .......

Other German players didn't slap anyone, they just waned everybody to calm down.
So there's no need to penalize other players.
It's also not that every Argentinian gets penalized, nor should they. Because it was only some players who lost control, others didn't get involved or wanted it all to calm down as well.

Might be that the referees are a bit blind when it comes to the host team, but how can you accuse the host team for that. Then you need to accuse the referees, not the players. And it doesn't matter if Germany is the host, or any other country. But it's a shame how some people are talking about the players instead of the persons who are in charge of these wrong decisions.
I can't remember any German player, as well as no Korean in 2002, who took advantage when he realized that the referee is a bit in favour of his team.
And German players got yellow cards as well.

bayernfc said:
It was a shame how the sore losers acted but let's hope both sides get penalised and not just the Germans.

Rather than sore losers, childish disrespectful Germans would be a more accurate term. Germany does not deserve to win. Go Italy!

Couffre kicked Mertesacker in the stomach after the penalty kicks were over.
Who is childish disrespectful?

Should we let you win because of respect? The game takes 90 minutes and when you've got a goal you have to keep it to win. Otherwise it's a draw or in the case of a knock out round there will be extra-time and penalties.

I read now that Borowski's gesture was provoked by the Argentinian players booing the German penalty takers. When he scored, he put his finger to his lips to tell them to be quiet, and Heinze especially took exception.

Finger of shame to the Argentines if this is true.

Anyway, it's over, Argentina are out, and they didn't lose because of bad refereeing decisions. They lost because they chose to sit back on their 1-0 advantage and paid the price for ineffective substitutions.

I hope the Germans will do well tonight
they have done one heck of a job hosting the Wold Cup
and they are one of the few teams who actually played football without just focussing on defence

I have this feeling Italy will win (I'm usually wrong though), but I think Germany will always have reasons to be very proud after tonights match no matter what the result will be

bayernfc said:
I was just surprised to hear the first person charged to be a German player that's all.
Frings was punished first because Germany are playing tonight. I'm sure some Argentinean players will be punished in the near future too once the officials have more time to review the tapes.

Vincent Vega said:
Couffre kicked Mertesacker in the stomach after the penalty kicks were over.
Who is childish disrespectful?
Maxi Rodriguez also punched Bastian Schweinsteiger in the back of the head.

yertle-the-turtle said:
Anyway, it's over, Argentina are out, and they didn't lose because of bad refereeing decisions. They lost because they chose to sit back on their 1-0 advantage and paid the price for ineffective substitutions.
Exactly!!

I really can’t see how anyone could honestly believe that FIFA is manipulating things so Germany wins. Surely they would be better served by having more non-european teams in the semi-finals? Surely they would have “engineered” a Brazil-Germany final as the ratings would have been though the roof? I can’t wait to see how FIFA fixes the cup so South Africa wins in 2010!!

karls77 said:

I really can’t see how anyone could honestly believe that FIFA is manipulating things so Germany wins. Surely they would be better served by having more non-european teams in the semi-finals? Surely they would have “engineered” a Brazil-Germany final as the ratings would have been though the roof? I can’t wait to see how FIFA fixes the cup so South Africa wins in 2010!!

I think reffing the host nation, though, affects referees on a subconscious psychological level. I think it's unavoidable when you have tens of thousands of people screaming for their team; it would be difficult not to get caught up in the emotion. The best referees have the ability to minimize or even get rid of this feeling, but it's not easy.

That said, I think most major decisions have been pretty fairly made at the Cup (bar the Australia penalty, but I have a whole different point on that about Lucas Neill and why I dislike him although this time I think he was wronged). The problem has been with too much persistent fouling and whistle-blowing that has disrupted the flow of games.

But really, to suggest a FIFA conspiracy is utter rubbish, as you say. If I were them I'd let Angola go through to at least the second round because it'd be a lovely story and the bets they'd earn would be fantastic. Maybe beat Portugal as well, ex-colony and all. FIFA gains NOTHING from a conspiracy, and they'd have to be playing some pretty hard ball to convince referees and team officials to not abide by the rules. Contrary to popular belief, refs are honest people. Oh yeah, but I forgot, Sepp Blatter is German and wants them to win and stuff, so he'll fix everything. No wonder so many Swedish teams won the Champions League when Lennart Johannsen was UEFA chief.

This is all very interesting , but I just hope no one comes here and says this thing of Host teams bein "helped " is legend , coz folks I would have to remind you what happened with Italy and Spain in 2002

ooooh I hope Italy wins

but I doubt it, Italy has been fucking terrible in the last couple of world cups.

I just want that Germany is kicked out.

one entire nation will cry tonight.

I wonder who.

Tension is rising.

Italy Italy Italy Italy Italy Italy

Forza Italia!!!!!!

Go Italy!!!!!!!

Italy!!!!!

Italy!!!!!!

:rockon:

welll theyre about equal, theres some italian attacks too, they´re better than i expected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom