The OFFICIAL Interference POST-World Cup Thread (PART 8)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just after the final Blatter said they were considering taking the award away from Zidane because of the awful red card (I read the whole interview on the gazzetta.it website), so they DID have the power to strip him of the title if they really wanted to. but of course they wouldn't do that... guess what? Platini is candidate for President of FIFA! I'm so surprised! :wink: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
sraphim said:
just after the final Blatter said they were considering taking the award away from Zidane because of the awful red card (I read the whole interview on the gazzetta.it website), so they DID have the power to strip him of the title if they really wanted to. but of course they wouldn't do that... guess what? Platini is candidate for President of FIFA! I'm so surprised! :wink: :rolleyes:

Yes - FIFA didn't strip the Golden Ball from Zidane.
FIFA also didn't strip the Gold Medal from Materazzi.

Platini is running for President of UEFA, not FIFA:
"THE French football federation (FFF) has officially submitted Michel Platini as a candidate for the UEFA presidency."

What's wrong with that?

Last edited:
Everyone should watch every single Italian game played during the WC and every single French game played during the WC and tell me that Cannavaro was not the best player in the tournament. Cannavaro not winning the Golden Ball award is fucking shocking to say the least.

ntalwar said:

FIFA also didn't strip the Gold Medal from Materazzi.
???
what for?! he didn't say anything racist or political, he didn't insult his mother... ???
I was the first one to say that if he did say something racist he should be punished, but he didn't!
if you want to punish players for talking dirty, fine, do it (I'm sure few players would get to the end of a match..... :rolleyes: ), just do it EVERYTIME! not just because it's convenient, just because he's Zidane and I'm not! was Totti not worthy enough? of course he wasn't... because he's not Zidane
(MAFI(f)A.... LOL)

again, I ask: what would have happened if Materazzi headbutted Zidane? all of this happened just because he's Zidane and we (you) can't accept the fact that he made a mistake again.

ps: Zidane said "hijo de puta" to the ref during Portugal vs France... bad boy :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Sraphim I do not think you've read this of what I wrote

Sraphim , mia cara let's suppose you are a teacher , you got 2 students , both are inteligent , but one has tremendous potential , his intelligence is above the media , including this other 'friend' of him ..... One day this one , gets provocated , and punchs in return , Does this make him less intelligent or brilliant on the studies ....

BTW about Platini :tsk: :tsk:

You had no idea of what I had to cope with in 98 , all the things that ...... said ...... Every time I see him now , 1st thing comes to my mind it's like " F.... u " , Almost like I felt with Bush years ago :wink: In a nutshell let it go ...... The guy got an enormous ego ..... and his head seems to be filled with chicken shit , so .... you can't really blame what he says , just disconsider .....

Last edited:
J_NP said:
Does this make him less intelligent or brilliant on the studies ....
of course it doesn't... but if I had to decide I would have picked Cannavaro, not only because I'm Italian ( :wink: ) but also because he played great in each and every match. Zidane only played very good against Brazil, which (sadly) wasn't a real threat that night...
Every time I see him now , 1st thing comes to my mind it's like " F.... u "
LOL my thoughts are along the same line... just in Italian which is a much more vulgar language :wink:

@ntalwar: De Rossi already apologized and payed for what he did, and didn't need anyone to defend him or making up excuses for him. surprisingly, at 34, Zidane still does.

sraphim said:

of course it doesn't... but if I had to decide I would have picked Cannavaro, not only because I'm Italian ( :wink: ) but also because he played great in each and every match. Zidane only played very good against Brazil, which (sadly) wasn't a real threat that night...

LOL my thoughts are along the same line... just in Italian which is a much more vulgar language :wink:

@ntalwar: De Rossi already apologized and payed for what he did, and didn't need anyone to defend him or making up excuses for him. surprisingly, at 34, Zidane still does.

He played great all the 2nd phase sraphim , plus all the goals he scored are a bonus ....... And yeah against "Brazil" he played like never , but let's face it , that game was France V.S. ........ , there was only one team on field.

Besides not that this shouldn't happen , but to give an award to a deffender , specially when there's someone playin at least as good as him ........ I think u get my point

People pay their tickets to see players like Zidane not like Cannavaro.

Achtung Joshua! said:
Zidane is a piece of crap.
Yep, we're still waiting for an Italian player of his class.

Achtung Joshua! said:
It's obvious you don't watch Serie A soccer cause if you did than you know that Lippi is a class act all the way
Sure, he is just blind, he never noticed the physical transformation of his players, never notice that his club had more drugs than a little hospital, never noticed that referees were always in favor of his team, never noticed that Moggi was a crook, never noticed that his son worked for this crook, never noticed that players from Moggi's factory were always in his Italian 11, never noticed that players not in this factory had talents, etc.
A true classy guy.

sraphim said:
he played great through the whole tournament and didn't go headbutting anyone :D
He just punched Henry in the first seconds of the match.

sraphim said:
and that Platini... saying we shoulnd't even participate to the cup because of the calciopoli scandal... grrr :mad: I'm so happy we won just to prove him and all the haters wrong :madspit:
If you're proud of your corrupted league, good for you.
We're still waiting for an Italian player of his class too.

sraphim said:
Platini is candidate for President of FIFA! I'm so surprised! :wink: :rolleyes:
So, what's your point ? (if you have one......)

sraphim said:
was Totti not worthy enough? of course he wasn't... because he's not Zidane
No, Totti is not Zidane, we can agree on this point.

guill said:

Sure, he is just blind, he never noticed the physical transformation of his players, never notice that his club had more drugs than a little hospital, never noticed that referees were always in favor of his team, never noticed that Moggi was a crook, never noticed that his son worked for this crook, never noticed that players from Moggi's factory were always in his Italian 11, never noticed that players not in this factory had talents, etc.
A true classy guy.

If you're proud of your corrupted league, good for you.
We're still waiting for an Italian player of his class too.

So, what's your point ? (if you have one......)

No, Totti is not Zidane, we can agree on this point.

Don't be jealous cause Italy are the champs. And don't be mad cause your girlfriend Zidane is retired. And no matter how much shit you talk it won't change anything cause Italy are the champs baby!!!

sraphim said:

:huh: What does an apology have to do with it? Does it make the action suddenly right? Maybe no one defended him because it's not possible to defend him. He wasn't provoked - it was a cheap shot. Let's not have double standards here, please.

did I say what he did was right?
no.
so you're basically saying that what Zidane did is excusable... great. what about Totti? he was provoked too. did that make it right? not at all.
but of course if Zidane does it, then it's gotta be right! after all it was not the first time he did that, therefore it must be definitely alright... :wink:
(THAT is a double standard, Zidane yes Totti no... due pesi due misure)
http://www.ansa.it/main/notizie/awnplus/english/news/2006-07-21_1214953.html

J_NP said:
but to give an award to a deffender , specially when there's someone playin at least as good as him ........ I think u get my point
yes, you've got a point here :shrug:

guill said:
I won't even bother commenting on your whole post (Cannavaro punching Henry... lol)
italian players have nothing to do with the corruption in their teams, and this has nothing to do with the WC. but if thinking that Italia = mafia makes you feel better, then go ahead. I've heard million of statements like yours (Platini in primis)

Last edited:
sraphim said:
italian players have nothing to do with the corruption in their teams, and this has nothing to do with the WC.
it has nothing to do with the World Cup no, but they truly must have been completely stupid - oh, I will actually call it naive - not to have noticed any of this

and this has nothing to do with any italians - mafia stereotypes
you just help thinking that at some poitn they should have known

Salome said:
it has nothing to do with the World Cup no, but they truly must have been completely stupid - oh, I will actually call it naive - not to have noticed any of this

and this has nothing to do with any italians - mafia stereotypes
you just help thinking that at some poitn they should have known

OT
they had suspects maybe, we all did.... I'm talking about Juventus because their match-fixing was really obvious sometimes - that's why they're often called "gobbi ladri" which means "thieves".
it's sad because they were a GREAT team with great players (during the WC final there were like 11 players from juventus on the field :wink: ), and they would have won anyway without any trick... but in the end they lost it all because of some stupid individuals like Moggi, Giraudo ecc... that is truly sad.
I don't know if they knew, but I don't think they could have done anything about it.
end of OT... :shifty:

Last edited:
guill ne pas écouter la personne avec l'image de l'album de guerre , c'est probablement un enfant , vous juste ne pouvez pas le penser sérieux

Hey Sraphim , don't think you understood , but it's kinda in the way of guill's 1st line , despite he/she is french . The thing is Cannavaro is a defender and all .... he's great played great , but he's not the brain of Italy , he's just not the same loss of what would be Zidane , it would be a crime for football or what's wortk in the beauty of the sport if Zidane wasn't considered the best of the WC

guill said:

Haven't laughed so much in years, thanks !

The fact that you saw a punch where none existed shows that the quality of your eyesight disqualifies you from making subjective judgements of player abilities.

There were great soccer players long before 1998, you're probably too young (judging by the immaturity level you display) to remember pre-1998 players.

I do feel obligated to remind you that 4>1 though.

Zidane - the greatest Algerian player ever, no doubt !

ntalwar said:

:huh: Except he was born in Marseille, France.

100% Algerian blood. I wasn't born in Italy, yet am 100% Italian, how can that possibly be ?

:rolleyes:

toscano said:

100% Algerian blood. I wasn't born in Italy, yet am 100% Italian, how can that possibly be ?

Wow - then whom do consider American and whom do you not?

I was born in the US, but my parents were not.
My passport and birth certificate say I am an American.
I find that people who consider me non-American to be either ignorant, prejudiced, or both.
I don't mind being referred to as "Other Country"-American though.

toscano said:

flip me, you're right!!!!!!!
let's call this World Cup void, because we can't have things like this happening

too bad that as a result Italy will have to give up the title because of all these teams having foreign players in their selection, but I think we can all agree it is the only fair think that can be done

Salome said:
I typo an avarage of 549 times a day
that is my excuse to post nonsense

I type a LOT more than that and I nevre have a typo.......

you do write a lot of nonsense though

and I think you misread what I said

which probably is the reason why you posted even more nonsense

Salome said:
you do write a lot of nonsense though

and I think you misread what I said

which probably is the reason why you posted even more nonsense

I didn't misread, I gave your post the response it deserved. Anything more is just a waste of my time.

so posting a lot of shite about how zidane is algerian, how all the french are a bunch of whiners and whatever you've come up with lately just to be antagonistic actually was worth your time?

interesting

Italy won the cup and they deserved it
I deserve to read this thread without having to read your bs

thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom