The Official 2006 NBA Playoffs Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Refs haven't called any of this shit including travel and backcourt for as long as I've ever watched the NBA. As a ref of the game it kills me when they let guys change their pivot foot before they drible or take two steps to get behind the three point line.

moving on to the draft...

this is in an article by chad ford on espn.com insider... it's supposed to show us why we should be impressed with tyrus thomas... frankly, all it does it show me how god damn dog shit awful he is...

Livingston then tells me about the first time he took Thomas through the Mikan drill, the foundational drill for every big man in the NBA.

"He'd never done it before," Livingston remembers. "He couldn't do it. I remember it was a Friday and we spent a while on it and he just couldn't get it right -- especially the reverse Mikan.

"He had to go away to a funeral over the weekend. He got back on Sunday night and called me and said, 'Randy, meet me up at the gym, I've got to show you something.' I came in and the kid is in the gym doing the drill perfect. The thing is, where did he find time to work on it? The kid was traveling and at a funeral. It was right then I knew I had something special. He wants to get better."

if you've never heard of it, the mikan drill is the most basic, simple drill in all of basketball. it involves a player standing directly under the rim and shooting bank layups off one foot on either side, back and forth. 6th graders can do the mikan drill. tyrus thomas just learned how to do it. you shoot layups.. layups... LAYUPS...

american basketball... it's faaaaaaaaaaaantastic.

Know what I'm getting sick of? Commentators and media comparing everyone to Jordan...First it was Kobe, then it was Lebron, and now that Lebron is out of the playoffs, they are comparing D Wade to Jordan. Enough of the comparisons. Jordan was better. When they have rings on both hands and revolutionize the game, then come back to me.:rant:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i guess it appears that david stern rigged the refs in the mavs-spurs finals only so that he could then rig the refs against the mavs in the finals, making cuban all the more pissed off.

that david stern... he is an evil genius. like darth vader, or the claw from inspector gadget.

A wise man once said, never attribute to malice what you can attribute to incompetence.

I say this to myself over and over again whenever I see poor officiating in big games.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
moving on to the draft...

this is in an article by chad ford on espn.com insider... it's supposed to show us why we should be impressed with tyrus thomas... frankly, all it does it show me how god damn dog shit awful he is...

if you've never heard of it, the mikan drill is the most basic, simple drill in all of basketball. it involves a player standing directly under the rim and shooting bank layups off one foot on either side, back and forth. 6th graders can do the mikan drill. tyrus thomas just learned how to do it. you shoot layups.. layups... LAYUPS...

american basketball... it's faaaaaaaaaaaantastic.

Come on. Tyrus Thomas has Tremendous Upside Potential written all over him.

he's an athletic freak and is limited to blocking shots and getting rebounds. Sadly, that will still get you 10 million a season.

How nice it is to be a millionaire... so you can make a complete fool of yourself.

(www.espn.com) Cuban fined $250K for actions after Game 5ESPN.com news services

DALLAS -- Mavericks owner Mark Cuban was fined $250,000 by the NBA on Tuesday for his outbursts following Game 5 of the NBA finals.

Cuban was cited for "several acts of misconduct" he committed after Dallas lost 101-100 in overtime to the Heat in Miami on Sunday night.

Furious with several calls, Cuban went onto the floor to vent directly to official Joe DeRosa. He then stared down and screamed toward commissioner David Stern and a group of league officials, from the court, then the stands. He later used profanity during a postgame session with the media.

The fine was announced hours before the Mavericks played host to the Heat in Game 6 of the NBA finals. Miami led the series 3-2.

Cuban said Monday he was bracing for the fine, his second this postseason. It showed in his reaction to the penalty: "I'm fine with it," he wrote in an e-mail. "Get the humor there. Fine with it."

Cuban has been fined at least $1.65 million since buying the team in January 2000. The exact total of his punishment tab isn't known because the league doesn't always publicize action against team owners. Cuban says he matches every dollar with a charitable donation

Any fan would be lucky to have Cuban as their team's owner.

No owner cares more about winning and less about his own bottom line than Cubes. His outspoken persona may get on some people's nerves, but I'm damn thankful he owns my favorite team, because none of this is possible without him.

Embarrassing? Not at all.

inmyplace13 said:
Any fan would be lucky to have Cuban as their team's owner.

No owner cares more about winning and less about his own bottom line than Cubes. His outspoken persona may get on some people's nerves, but I'm damn thankful he owns my favorite team, because none of this is possible without him.

Embarrassing? Not at all.

I agree wholeheartedly :up:

I think he manages to take some of the pressure off of the Mavs in situations like tonight.

Mavs gotta have the same intensity in the second half that they did in the first half.

And for God's sake, at what point do you just start doubling D-Wade every time down the court?

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

FORCE GAME 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow. That last foul call on Dirk was one of the worst foul calls I've seen in recent memory.

NBA, you're nothing to me now. You're not a sport, you're not a legitimate league. I don't want to know you or what you do. I don't want to see you at the hotels, I don't want you near my house. When you are shown at my mother's house, I want to know a day in advance, so I won't be there. You understand?

Note: I have deleted this post since it was, in my opinion, taken in the wrong way. It did not mean a personal attack, trolling or gloating, simply expressing my views and celebrating the win / loss of a certain team.

Last edited:
stammer476 said:
NBA, you're nothing to me now. You're not a sport, you're not a legitimate league. I don't want to know you or what you do. I don't want to see you at the hotels, I don't want you near my house. When you are shown at my mother's house, I want to know a day in advance, so I won't be there. You understand?

Well, as I argued earlier, you can always watch the World Cup... :wink:

LemonMacPhisto said:

I agree wholeheartedly :up:

I think he manages to take some of the pressure off of the Mavs in situations like tonight.

Sure... the Mavs played like a team without pressure tonight...

Please.

Fuck you, bitch. You're a fucking troll, and no one gives a shit about your lame opinions. Do us all a favor and go fucking die. San Antonio aren't the champs anymore, so I bet you're a Miami fan now. Good for you. You know you're just coming in here to get people riled up, and that's fucking sad. You're pathetic.

Furthermore, the NBA is also pathetic.

inmyplace13 said:
Fuck you, bitch. You're a fucking troll, and no one gives a shit about your lame opinions. Do us all a favor and go fucking die. San Antonio aren't the champs anymore, so I bet you're a Miami fan now. Good for you. You know you're just coming in here to get people riled up, and that's fucking sad. You're pathetic.

Furthermore, the NBA is also pathetic.

Not really, I just come here to express my opinion, which is my right. And I never personally insulted you, like what you are doing to me now. I have always said the same thing about the Mavs, so this is no news to you.

If you are pissed, I am sorry, but I have the right to express my views.

And I'm not a Miami fan, I am still a Spurs fan, like I have always been since Ginobili joined the team.

You also have the right to be a little bitch, which you are fully exercizing. Doesn't mean you should do it though.

Giflopi sucks, by the by.

U2@NYC said:
Congrats to the Mavs!

On winning the championship? Nah...

On breaking the worldwide record of choking.

They are up 2 games to nothing. Yet, they lose the series.

They have the most open look ever to tie the game in the final second. Yet, they miss it.

They have, supposedly, two fantastic players in Nowitzki and Terry. Yet, both of them suck big time in the fourth quarter.

A clear demonstration of a team without character with a clown/owner that cannot learn to behave.

I'll say this in the nicest way possible. You really need to stop. No one here likes you when you do this, and you're only making yourself look like a fool.

For your own good. Stop. It's ugly. It's childish.

Just stop.

stammer476 said:

I'll say this in the nicest way possible. You really need to stop. No one here likes you when you do this, and you're only making yourself look like a fool.

For your own good. Stop. It's ugly. It's childish.

Just stop.

Dude, I'm not making fun of anyone. Is it bad that I'm happy that the Mavs lost? You would have been happy if Dallas won and celebrated, and probably would have made fun of Miami.

These are sports, and are lived with passion. I am not attacking anyone in particular. Just stating what I think was true, in my opinion.

inmyplace13 said:
You also have the right to be a little bitch, which you are fully exercizing. Doesn't mean you should do it though.

Giflopi sucks, by the by.

Fine, if you take it personally, I will not say anything else.

n296141443119865837018hx.jpg

If nothing else, at least the Mavs are better than the "classy" Spurs and their bald-spotted fish-flopping Argentinian piece of shit.

There should be an asterisk next to this Heat championship. Maybe something saying they actually won two games and had two gift wrapped for them. I love how Dwyane Wade can run into Dirk elbow-first and get a call. LOVES IT.

U2@NYC said:

Dude, I'm not making fun of anyone. Is it bad that I'm happy that the Mavs lost? You would have been happy if Dallas won and celebrated, and probably would have made fun of Miami.

Yeah, BECAUSE I LIVE THERE.

I'm not an idiot. Don't patronize me.

You're here to gloat (which is childish and ugly).

You're here to get people upset (which is childish and ugly).

ETA: And for what it's worth, I don't really give a crap about either of these teams. I care about basketball and the NBA, and Miami winning is a major step backwards.

Last edited:
stammer476 said:
I'm not an idiot. Don't patronize me.

You're here to gloat (which is childish and ugly).

You're here to get people upset (which is childish and ugly).

I'm not patronizing anyone. There is a coincidence that more people in this Board at this time were rooting for the Mavs. And that is why you are thinking that.

Under the same pattern, calling me a bitch, pathetic, calling Ginobili a bitch and posting pics of the Mavs against the Spurs follows the same line of reasoning.

I am not making this personal. As I stated before, I am happy that the Mavs lost. Big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom