The Official 2006 NBA Playoffs Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The OOTS said:
Fair enough.

However, Dallas re-adjusted their game plan after the adjustments you just mentioned to build a 13 point 4th quarter lead with 6 minutes to go. Any sort of Miami/Wade run should have triggered another 'adjustment' on Avery's part. Maybe the hack a Shaq mode?

Hell, Wade had 5 fouls for almost the enitre 4th period. Why wasn't an 'adjustment' made to make him pick up his 6th foul? Or should I dare say, would the refs have had the balls to call that 6th foul?

:hmm:

It's not such a big deal when a perimeter player picks up 5 fouls -- he'll just step off his man a bit on defense, or switch to someone else who's a lesser threat.

It's a bigger deal if Shaq picks up 5 fouls. If that's the case, either he has to sub out for Alonzo Mourning on defense or he'll end up playing matador D every time somebody enters the lane.

The OOTS said:

Hell, Wade had 5 fouls for almost the enitre 4th period...

Or should I dare say, would the refs have had the balls to call that 6th foul?

:hmm:
Feel free to point out an instance where Wade made even questionable contact with a Mav in the 4th.
I watched the 4th quarter and don't recall him hacking at anyone or bumping anyone or running anyone over at the offensive end.

What are you suggesting, the refs need to have the balls to make up a phantom 6th foul on Miami's best player so your beloved Mavs can get an undeserved win?

Headache in a Suitcase said:
hubie brown put it quite nicely this morning on mike and mike...

"sometimes it's best to just get up and walk away rather than continue the coversation"

Exactly.
Nothing funny goes on in the NBA therefore there is no need to discuss.
:wink:

I hope Miami wins again tonight, just to make the series interesting.

Also that Antoine Walker finally steps up, I've been a fan of his since his first time in Boston.

Well there you go, the series is more interesting.

The silver lining on this dark, dark cloud is that I get my wish for there to not be a game 5 clincher. Also, there is a very real possibility that I get some game 6 tickets.

I guess we'll see.

By the by, this was the worst I've felt after a Mavs loss in a long time.

The OOTS said:

Exactly.

Anybody else tired of hearing about Wade's so-called ailments before all these games?

No, great players play through injuries when their team needs them the most.

there's one of two ways to look at wade with all the injuries he seems to always have at the end of the season...

either he's one of those guys who gets a little tweek and feels it's a major injury that needs teams of doctors to fix when it's really not that bad (i've known a few of those guys along the way)

or he's very injury prone, is able to play through the injuries for now, but it will ultimately lead to him breaking down physicaly by the time he hits 30.

i highly doubt he's simply making the injuries up.

either he's one of those guys who gets a little tweek and feels it's a major injury that needs teams of doctors to fix when it's really not that bad (i've known a few of those guys along the way)

I like this idea.

There is no doubt he is a great player.
The tweeks and illnesses he's had this postseason really tie into his 'knock me down - and I'll get up' persona that he has going... ie. his Converse commercial. I'm just tired of the media projecting the 'will he play - won't he play - how will he play' every time he tweeks something to build drama for these games.

or he's very injury prone, is able to play through the injuries for now, but it will ultimately lead to him breaking down physicaly by the time he hits 30.

which solidifies his spot as the bigger, more athletic Iverson.

Guys, I stayed out drinking last night, and now I'm feeling a bit crummy the morning after.

It's okay though. I'm a gamer, so I'm still going to go to work. See ya.

the last play that put dwyane wade on the line never should have happened... not because wade probably should have passed the ball about 5 times before he finally shot over three people like his name was kobe... not because he was probably fouled about 5 times on the perimeter... not because the foul they finally called was a call that would have been questionable in the first quarter, let alone in overtime... not because josh howard stupidly took a time out...

no... the play that wade took never should have happened because he jumped from one side of the half court line, caught the ball in mid air, and landed on the other side.

back court violation. should have been dallas' ball.

but there was no grand conspiracy for the refs to miss that call. or the fouls on the outside they missed, or the BS call against shaq when josh howard pretty much just fell down.. or the ticky tack foul to put wade on the line... it was just bad foul calls against both teams right down the line.

and for me, at least, they tainted what was otherwise a great game.

as for wade... :sigh: i dunno... he takes a bunch of awful shots. but when the game's on the line they tend to go in more often than not. :shrug: it doesn't annoy me because the heat win... i don't care who wins. it annoys me because the media soooo wants "another jordan" that any good young player that comes along gets declared "the next jordan" when wade and lebron are completely different players than jordan.

newsflash to the news media... there have been other great players besides michael jordan. comparing someone to someone other than jordan is not an insult.

no... the play that wade took never should have happened because he jumped from one side of the half court line, caught the ball in mid air, and landed on the other side.

back court violation. should have been dallas' ball.

hasn't there been a rule change where you can pass into the backcourt on the inbound pass and it's not a backcourt violation? Or am I wrong? :shrug:

I agree with your other points though, and he should've dished it to one of the 2 other open guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom