The Octagon Bar: Swanky and Soaked for 2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so seeing i think i hit new year first out of most of you (irish and other UK residents aside) may i be the first to wish you all the happiest of new years and all the best for 2005!

**pops bottle of champagne**

and before you all think i'm a loser for being on the internet on new years eve, may i point out that it is in fact almost 4am and i am considerably drunk! :D

okey dokey, happy new year everyone!!!

di

Hey Digsy! :wave:

Don't feel so bad, I'm with my mum and she is pissed as a fart right now. :wink:

We just watched the Slane Castle DVD and she started bawling her eyes out to "Kite" and we've somehow decided my first born son should be named Aidan. :| All sorts of wierd and strange merriement over here! :sexywink:

:lol:
aidan? where'd that come from?!? nice name though

parents are funny when they're drunk, its totally weird

I don't really know...I think it was one of the names from those that died in the Omagh Bombing....but my mom made me swear it'd be Aidan.

Parents are too funny when drunk, but it is wierd. I feel responsible somehow. I feel like I"m playing the mom although I am considerable full of the holiday cheer myself. :drunk:

you're lucky - my mo mdoesnt drink except at my 21st birthday when she had WAY too much champagne :lol:
my dad doesnt mind the odd one though, had him on the phone before begging for hangover cures as he was pissed, they had guests coming round and my mom was the hell in with him! he needed to sober up quick!!
generally speaking though, i'm the only one in the family who's a bit of a drinker :D

my mother is constantly reminding me not to drink too much, i think it's cute, i think she finds it scary!

so no drunken first-born name conversations with my mom or dad, although i did once tell them when i was a bit drunk that i was going to name my sons Paul David Adam Lawrence (familiar?)and Jack Daniel.
they were none too amused :lol:

starsgoblue said:
By the way, do you want that Rolling Stone I got for you?!

ooh please! hey did you ever have any luck with that Spin??
and is there anything here you want??

starsgoblue said:
Yeah, see the Spin was sent back to me because I didn't put enough postage on it :der: So I can send you both!

wicked, thanks!! and as i say, if you need anything here just yell!

hey people! well I had an interesting night......but I made it to nineteen so thats a good thing.
I was at a punk concert and had a great time, got in as "with the band" :lol: because I used to date the lead singer and he still wants me back *bites fingernails*
I drank, smoked pot which I havent done in a really long time, and got involved in a brawl until the cops showed up.
what a night.
well Im gonna go hang out with my family for my B day:D
:wave:

:hug:

Happy New Years my fellow Octagonians! Well, I must say that I don't remember much from last night only that my girls and I were so hammered it was beautiful. At some point, my friends took digital pictures of my crazy gal pal Sarina and I wearing 50s lingerie!!!! :ohmy:

If they look decent enough, I'll make sure to put them up here for you all to look at and be amused. Right now I'm getting ready to see Exit and Joshua Tree, two great U2 cover bands play at Molly Malone's, one of my favorite Irish pubs in L.A. This is a great way to start the new year--live U2 music (though it will only make my U2 tour anxiety worsen), dancing, lots of laughter with great friends.

I hope this year brings us all nothing less than peace, love and rock n' roll! :dance:

Big smooches,
Mitzye :)

u2bonogirl said:
hey people! well I had an interesting night......but I made it to nineteen so thats a good thing.
I was at a punk concert and had a great time, got in as "with the band" :lol: because I used to date the lead singer and he still wants me back *bites fingernails*
I drank, smoked pot which I havent done in a really long time, and got involved in a brawl until the cops showed up.
what a night.
well Im gonna go hang out with my family for my B day:D
:wave:

sounds like fun!
and happy b-day:wink:

Just wanted to drop in and say happy new year (and birthday to tara) - sounds like everyone had a good time - I spent it at work :( but will be celebrating at a later date :wink:

new year - new tour sooooo exciting!

hope everyone stayed safe last night

hugs
Chrissi

** Walks in with a Chocolate Mousse birthday cake for Tara **

** Leads the bar in a drunken sing-a-long **

Haffy Birfday to you!
Haffy Birfday to you!
Haffy Birfday dear Taaarrraa!
Haffy Birfday to you!

And many more!

Happy Birthday Tara! :hug:

How's the Angel on this fine evening? Love to see the ladies in Lingerie! :drool: Particularly that non-revealing 50's stuff! :wink:

Hey Chrissi, sorry you had to work. I used to work shift-work in the Air Force and my holiday's were always celebrated differently than everyone else.

Happy New Year, glad everyone is still alive! :drunk:

hey ladies and gent:D
Im home from my wild day of birthday partying with my grandparents:cute:
I needed a normal day after yesterday night.
looks like some of the ladies *ahem* had a nice drunken night.
50s lingerie huh?:eyebrow:
sounds like a blast! wish I coulda joined you
I inherited somebodys studded leather belt during the night. I also inherited somebodys spike prints in my elbow:rant:
that friggin hurt! my elbow is all bruised now.
thank you for the cake tim *leaves a thank you on the message board*
see you tomorrow

3427877923232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D%3B2%3B%3D%3A5%3B%3DXROQDF%3E232373872994%3Aot1lsi
3427877923232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D%3B2%3B%3D%3A5%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2323738729275ot1lsi

me post-hangover on my birthday
so do I look older?
:lol:
yeah right

u2bonogirl said:
:D you have a great memory timmy
*realizes her hair is not as dark as the picture appears*
weird:eyebrow:

:dance: just celebrating my iPod

How nice of you to notice! My memory is so selective. I can remember the most random details about stuff, and forget more necessary work things.

U2 knowledge is encyclopedic. So is every television show or movie I watched up to age 25. :shrug: Weird!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom