The Octagon Bar....now with official U2 tattoo parlor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
starsgoblue said:
It is so nasty outside... I don't want to go anywhere. I feel like a prisoner in my apartment. :grumpy:

Can I get an Irish coffee?

Tell me about it, my fabulously beautiful sports car in the shop and I'm trapped here until it's fixed. The supreme irony would be if I paid all this money to get it fixed only to slide into a ditch on the way home. Now THAT would make me :grumpy:

** Pours 1/2 oz Irish whiskey, 1 tsp Brown sugar (Demerara), 6 oz hot Coffee into a big mug and stirs **

This reminds me of a story. I saw Radiohead in 1997 in Worchester Centrum (I hope that I spelled that right) and we went to a pub afterward. Given the late hour, I figured I would get some coffee with the good stuff in it. I ordered an Irish Coffee but was surprised that the Irish Coffee contained Jameson's and not Bailey's. I assumed that the Irish Coffee would contain Bailey's Irish cream! :lol: I screwed up my face and wasted my money. :madspit:

** Adds a dollop of cream for good measure **

There you go :D , grab a blanket and a good film...

the itinery for today is:

work -> eat -> interference -> sleep

lol

apart from that, just been watching a documentary about elephants which was rather sad.

sad because of the elephants. i have to stop watching natural history programmes.

Hey Rebekah, ewen and Lauren! :wave:

It's nice to see you folks around. Congrats on the free U2 stuff ewen! :up:

Lauren, as far as beer drinking goes...I like Bud Light, Heineken and Corona. Once you get used to drinking them then I suggest you try Bass. I :heart: Bass! It's not too thick and it's very easy on the taste buds but--it is a wee bit stronger. Harp is also another excellent choice.

Happy drinking!

Tim re: your Irish coffee story, the same thing happened to me. I ordered an Irish coffee at Brennan's (my fave Irish pub in Marina del Rey) and I was shocked to learn that it wasn't served with Bailey's either! Yucky...I'm not big on Jameson either. :madspit:

ewen said:
a dark rum and coke please, no ice

** Pours dark rum and coke for Ewen into a tumbler **

Here you go, sorry about the elephants. I got to scoot!

** Pulls apron over my head and hands it to Ewen **

The bar's all your's buddy! :up: Chicks dig bartenders! :yes: Have fun! Gotta pick up my car and hope it doesn't wreck on the way home :crazy:

** Pokes head back in for a sec **

:wave: Later Angel, didn't mean to be rude. Jameson's :madspit:

:: casually waves hello to everyone, mixes up a mai tai with a little umbrella in it, slips out of bathrobe and slides into the hot tub ::

Um....no...guess again....

But I can give you this in the meantime, a shirtless Adam...
1el0l5

starsgoblue said:
**comes limping into the bar with a Cheshire cat grin and pours herself a Guinness and has a seat**

Guess what I just did guys. :sexywink:

You got a new piercing? Sorry, I'll have a tequila shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom