The NRA "Blacklist"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
I found a link to this in another article, talking about how Dustin Hoffman wrote them expressing his dismay at being left off the list. Of course the NRA denies it is a blacklist, but says its' members don't want to support the work of any of these people, or something to that effect.

Apparently an ad was taken out in a Hollywood trade where people could sign up to have their names added -lol

It's interesting who is on it-Britney, Tara Lipinski the figure skater :hmm:

Bruce is on it too :wink: I didn't see any member of U2 listed..

http://www.nraila.com/FactSheets.asp?FormMode=Detail&ID=15

The link is being weird, keep trying if it doesn't work. I guess everyone wants to see who they should be boycotting ;)

Unfortunately the NRA is one of the most powerful lobbies in the US I am glad the celebrities on that list speak out against them!U2/Bono have been the targets of NRA campaigns before(remember the video of the child with the gun during their last tour?)The NRA had a FIT over this!!!!!!They seem to be against anything that makes people think!!!!!!!

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Seriously this has to be one the scariest extremist groups that resides in this country.

I agree

I also really need to know how Britney ever formed a sufficiently coherent statement in order to make this list :D

MrsSpringsteen said:
I also really need to know how Britney ever formed a sufficiently coherent statement in order to make this list :D

Ah, that's not her reason for being blacklisted. It's that her plastic appearance is bulletproof. :p

BonoVoxSupastar said:
What's the point of this list?

Do you think it is uncommon for a group to have a list of individuals or organizations that take or support an opposing position? At least this one is available for public scrutiny.

Based on the original post, Dustin Hoffman only thinks this is a "blacklist".

nbcrusader said:

Do you think it is uncommon for a group to have a list of individuals or organizations that take or support an opposing position? At least this one is available for public scrutiny.

Based on the original post, Dustin Hoffman only thinks this is a "blacklist".

No I understand it may not be uncommon. And I guess I understand listing organizations, for you can make a decision if you would like to support this organization or not. But really what's the point of listing individuals? Other than them not wanting you to see their movies or get your teeth cleaned by them. It's ridiculous. I'm not going to see a movie because they don't believe that I should be able to own an assault rifle? Is Greenpeace going to make a list of individuals who litter or don't recycle. I would think they'd make better use of their time.

Back
Top Bottom