The National are a great band we should keep discussing.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll say it again - apart from Alligator, Sad Songs is their finest effort.

In my haste to see if the booklet that came with the CD contained lyrics, I ripped about 2cm of the front cover. I'd only owned it for 35 seconds :( stupid cardboard case.

I don't know much of The National but their latest music video is a tribute/new adaptation of a video from a great Russian band, which I think is pretty darned neat. :up:

I kinda forgot this was coming out soon. I kinda wish I hadn't just reminded myself, because it would have been all kinds of awesome if it just showed up on my doorstep on Monday as a surprise. Now I gotta do all this anticipation stuff.

Thoroughly enjoying this. Sounds all a bit more polished compared with their previous output. Slipped, Live In Salt, Don't Swallow The Cap and Humiliation are early favourites. Struggling to get my head around the lyrical perspective in Gracless

One more day.

EDIT: If you have it preordered with Amazon, they just updated it to an "Autorip" album this weekend. The MP3's should be available tonight!

I think that's what I'll just end up picking up.

The completest in me wants the vinyl. The "I-want-to-go-to-all-the-shows" in me likes that price.

I got the from The National's Facebook page:

target.jpg

Luckily, I just got my vinyl order one day early, but I only got the regular LP edition rather than the special, limited one.

This album is absolutely outstanding. I'm loving it more and more each time I listen to it. Not sure if I'd call it my favorite, that goes to Boxer. But it's definitely a great addition to their catalog.

Early favorites are Demons, Don't Swallow the Cap, Sea of Love, Graceless (which just hit me like a brick on the third listen), Humiliation and I Need My Girl. I was actually hoping before we knew anything about this for a more energetic record than High Violet, which I loved regardless. But now that I hear it, the minimum amount of rockers doesn't bother me, especially given how many beautiful melodies are strewn throughout the record. This also may be my favorite album in terms of Matt's performance and lyrics.

Was just about to post the same thing. Can't believe the damn thing isn't shipping until mid June, but at least they did right by us with the download.

Yeah, I can freely say right now this is their best since Alligator.

Code already?! Damn, should have ordered from the label. Hopefully Amazon's Autorip of the album will be available tonight.

One more day.

EDIT: If you have it preordered with Amazon, they just updated it to an "Autorip" album this weekend. The MP3's should be available tonight!

I preordered mine from Amazon and I'm looking at it right now. About to put it into iTunes. Hmm.

Back
Top Bottom