The MLB '09 Thread: Predictions, Opening Day and all that crap.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The former. I speak from experience when I say that having horns is not a bathroom issue.

Uh-oh.

mel.jpg

You're an asshole. There is now gin on my keyboard.

I forgot to post this easier, but why on earth did Girardi throw Hughes out for one batter in the 8th with 2 out and then pull him? Why not just throw Rivera out there for 4 outs? Not that I'm complaining or anything.

I forgot to post this easier, but why on earth did Girardi throw Hughes out for one batter in the 8th with 2 out and then pull him? If you know you only want him for one out, why not just throw Rivera out there for 4 outs? Not that I'm complaining or anything.

Great question. Rivera was coming in regardless of whether they took a lead or stayed tied. Rivera has had a few 4-out saves lately so maybe he was just trying to avoid another.

Man, every fucking guy in the Sox pen throws 95 mph.

David Ortiz grounds out to the right side of the infield a lot.

Has Sabathia shown any imperfections in his pitching performance this afternoon, such as hits, walks or errors? I haven't been paying attention.

Ed Rapuano is ruining this game for the Phils. Josh Johnson's getting the largest strike zone I've ever seen. Ryan Howard, who is a pretty chill dude, just screamed "GODDAMN IT, that's NOT a fucking strike!" at him. I mean, he's getting six inches on the outside part of the plate. That's not a strike in Little League.

This is fucking unreal. He just tossed Victorino for arguing balls and strikes. Victorino is playing center. Rapuano is the home plate ump. Victorino is fucking 350 feet away.

Uh, you guys realize that at worst we're tied for the WC lead after tonight, right?

I was going to post something similar, Speedracer, but the last thing I want to do is start consoling you Sox fans.

But, yeah, you're tied for the WC at worst and who the fuck knows what can happen between now and the end of September.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom