The MLB '09 Thread: Predictions, Opening Day and all that crap.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawk played golf with a couple of our anchors the other day; everyone had a blast, apparently.

Yanks/Sox tonight, wonder if we can fucking finally win one against these bastards. :)

Hawk played golf with a couple of our anchors the other day; everyone had a blast, apparently.

Thank God, because if you had said that you played golf with Hawk I might have injured you.

And of course they had a blast. It's the fuckin Hawk. I can see him on the first tee box...

"Stretch! Stretch! Stay in the fairway...it will. Thank you very much."

just hate to see the stupidity of playing beanball.

Pussy.

Chin music rules.

But seriously, I know what you mean, it gets silly.

Every once in a while it's just good stuff though.

Not that lame ass shit where the benches empty and they all feign fighting with each other doing their stupid holding dances.

I'm talking good old fashioned begrudgery and fisticuffs and genuine hate.

CJ tried to give that one away, but nice to salvage one in Oakland. Big series this weekend.

Pussy.

Chin music rules.

But seriously, I know what you mean, it gets silly.

Every once in a while it's just good stuff though.

Not that lame ass shit where the benches empty and they all feign fighting with each other doing their stupid holding dances.

I'm talking good old fashioned begrudgery and fisticuffs and genuine hate.

Hey, I'm all for pitching inside and the occasional brush back pitch.

But this fake macho shit, especially after the fucking game is really lame.

And as much as I hate to see "fighting" in baseball, I will agree that a real rivalry fueled by real hatred is sometimes fun.

The reception Ortiz received at new Yankee Stadium was a lot tamer than I expected.

1. Lol Yankee wind tunnel.

2. Worst AB evar by David Ortiz.

They could have taken that double play ball around the horn and still got Papi.

By the way, MLB Network FTW.

The DP wasn't the terrible part; the terrible part was that it was on the first pitch on the outside part of the plate after Joba walked the last 2 guys and was sitting at 60 pitches through 2+ innings.

Oh, I'm well aware of how stupid it is to swing at the first pitch in that situation. It's just hilarious that it ended the worst possible way it could.

But it's in the best interest of the Rangers for the Yankees to win these games, so let's just say it was a good thing.

MLB Network FTW indeed. Really enjoy their coverage, both remote and studio. And Kaat is a pleasure....sorry for the reasons he un-retired but glad to listen to him once again.

Smoltz is having a lot of trouble getting lefties out. He might get out of this inning without surrendering any more runs but he just seems unable to put lefties away.

I am going to be very unhappy if the Red Sox keep this game close, blow out the bullpen and lose, which seems quite possible.

Apparently Smoltzie retired last year and forgot to tell the Red Sox...wow, he has me hankering for the return of Day Soo Key Matt Sue Zarca.

His mind is elsewhere, trying to get to the bottom of these steroid shenanigans.

The Yankees apparently have acquired Chad Gaudin. He has a 5.10 ERA this season. So, fantastic, he'll move to the rotation soon when Joba goes to the pen. Or he'll replace Mitre. Or something.

A 5.10 ERA in Petco Park for a righty playing in the NL equates to what, a 10.46 ERA in Yankee Stadium?

A 5.10 ERA in Petco Park for a righty playing in the NL equates to what, a 10.46 ERA in Yankee Stadium?

At least. Also, he has to shave his stupid goatee now, so that could tack on another run. 3 years ago, I'd applaud this pick-up. Now? It's just damage control/insurance they can eat up the requisite innings between now and October, fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom