The lack of Yahweh and Crumbs on 4th leg...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
I thought Crumbs would certainly be played on the fourth leg... and perhaps Yahweh, but that isn't the case... is Yahweh not played due to religion sensitivity?

Well Yahweh was played in Mexico 1 , 2 , Brazil 2 , and at least in this concert it was well received , also in Chile and Argentina 1 , so your post kinda did make me :huh:

crumbs has never been played live if you get me :wink: . I think all i want is you was a poor replacement for yahweh

vaz02 said:
crumbs has never been played live if you get me :wink: . I think all i want is you was a poor replacement for yahweh

Just because Bono used a backing track in addition to his own on one small part of Crumbs does not mean it wasnt played live. The band was live, Bono sang live. So if that is what you are referring to I disagree.

Isnt sort of a setlist topic also?

Yahweh would have done well IMHO, but the encores were already quit full, with up to 7 songs.

Crumbs, good riddance. If Bad could not create a good response in Latin America then surely Crumbs would have put audiences to sleep. The Latino's wanted to hear a greatest hits setlist, not obscure songs.

Muad'zin said:
The Latino's wanted to hear a greatest hits setlist, not obscure songs.

um...you're painting with a pretty broad brush here, and i don't think it's entirely fair. fans are fans, regardless of the continent they're on.

we all have our own opinion of what is good live and what should be 'setlist staples'.

The only song I thought the 4th leg was lacking is THE ELECTRIC CO:drool:
It was only played the 1st show of the 4th leg right?
I just can`t believe why they would leave out THE highlight of the Vertigo Tour?
( at least the highlight for me:wink: )

But I expect The Electric Co to come back for the 5th leg ( Aussie \ NZ shows )!!!!

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Muad'zin said:
The Latino's wanted to hear a greatest hits setlist, not obscure songs.

Dude that is not a very good mmm argument , south america and mexico have lots of hardcore fans , and for that they kind of don't expect or want "the biggest hits" , the people who want this are the casual fans or people who only heard them sometimes . You are judging way too much mate , and don't forget for example that the crowds in south america put in shame a lot in US and Europe.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom