The Killers - Battle Born

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It says:

"Keuning, similarly is quitting the road to spend more time with his son in San Diego. What all of this means for the future of the The Killers is anyone's guess. But the timing, certainly, seems odd: just as they're about to release the most emotionally intense album of their career, one in which their singer and chief......"

and then another snippet:

"Keuning's cat comes skulking out of its bag. "I'm not suppose to say anything", he says cautiously, "but I'm not touring either." He adds that there should be an official statement made by the time this issue of Q goes to print. The catalyst he says, is the upcoming "crazy tour schedule" and his unwillingness to spend time away from home. Like Stoermer, he still, in theory, hopes to continue recording with The Killers. "All I know is I'm...."

Last edited:
The Killers bloggers I follow are definitely freaking out that it's only Brandon and Ronnie who are committed to touring the new record.

Just heard Wonderful Wonderful the other night. Agree that it has serious Exit/Bullet vibes.

It honestly was a pretty shady move by the band to wait and announce this AFTER tour tickets had gone on sale.

I'm guessing Dave (and the band) have known for awhile that he wasn't going to tour anymore.

Last edited:
Except the killers will never reach the potential they could have had, considering they've spent less than half of the time since inception active and together.

They posted a photo of a handwritten note on Twitter today, defending the tour because the replacement guys have been working with The Killers for a long time, among other sentiments, asking fans to focus on the new record. The replies are mostly not nice, and fans were not impressed to learn about Dave and Mark not touring via magazine AFTER tickets have been purchased.

Some Kind of Love. This is a nice moody track. Very Eno and Roxy Music. Might be the best of the 4 tracks to date. The bass comes in and steals it.

Kinda reminds me of how Mutemath's bassist and drummer both left after recording/before touring their newest record.

New LP out today. Thoughts? It almost seems like they made this record knowing their guitar player wouldn’t be on tour with them. I don’t hear much of him. It almost sounds like another solo album for Brandon. The songs are there, but this is not their best effort. So far I’m digging the title track and The Calling ( very Depeche-y).

Their most engaging and colorful album in a long time. More consistent than Day & Age. I like it a lot.

I listened through it once. I think I'll like it, but so far nothing really stood out. In my early-mid 20s I was a mega Killers fan. I was the perfect age for that Hot Fuss>Sam's Town>Sawdust>Day & Age run, and it was epic. I feel like after Flamingo it's all basically. Even the Brandon Flowers show.

Consistent, but I might only rank this ahead of Battle Born at the moment (which isn't too hard).

Non-single highlights for me are probably The Calling and Rut.

Pretty on-point review from Pitchfork, which kind of reflects my feelings on the album.

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/the-killers-wonderful-wonderful/

I particularly like this part:

"the title track is built on thundering toms and a rumbling octave bassline echoing into the big sky. The stage is appropriately set for an Achtung Baby moment, but Flowers decides, instead of a big chorus, to bleat, “Motherless child, dost thou believe/That thine afflictions have caused us to grieve?” veering right past Achtung Baby U2 straight into “stuck inside a giant malfunctioning mechanical lemon” U2."

Back
Top Bottom