The 'I don't seem to like the new album' thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is a difference. All the songs you mentioned were spawned from different parts of Lady With The Spinning Head. It was a catalyst for an album.

True. Whatever, I'll give it to you. But anyway, I'm not hearing any real obvious acts of plagiarism on this album. What you're pointing out is shit i would've never noticed unless i actually made it my mission to find something that sounds similar to a chord or riff or melody from the past. The only thing to me that's too samey for me is Edge's trademark ringing guitar on UC and CT, but that was expected.

I think you need to look a page or two back to see his response to my "claim" that the Journey song and I'll go Crazy have startlingly similar intros....LOL

You got served!

Ok, well your reading comprehension is about as poor as your music theory...

You responded to a post about your Wanderer claim when you stated that he agreed with you...:lol:

True. Whatever, I'll give it to you. But anyway, I'm not hearing any real obvious acts of plagiarism on this album. What you're pointing out is shit i would've never noticed unless i actually made it my mission to find something that sounds similar to a chord or riff or melody from the past. The only thing to me that's too samey for me is Edge's trademark ringing guitar on UC and CT, but that was expected.

I noticed these things right of the bat because I'm a huge U2 fan and am intimate with the songs. And....the rips are painfully obvious.

And I don't want the Edge to have a "Trademark" sound, which people only really say that about the last 2 albums....because he was doing things he had done before.

I noticed these things right of the bat because I'm a huge U2 fan and am intimate with the songs. And....the rips are painfully obvious.

And I don't want the Edge to have a "Trademark" sound, which people only really say that about the last 2 albums....because he was doing things he had done before.

edge has had a signature sound since the 80's. what rock have you been living under?

the fact that you put that smiley at the end of that sentence makes me and probably everyone else here believe you are here to stir shit and serve no other purpose. i hope i don't run into people like you at a u2 show.

Don't worry. I'm not supporting this tour!

This post is hilarious.

First of all because you're arguing with one of THE most outspoken critics of the two previous albums.

Secondly because Edge has had a trademark sound since October. Now he's broken away from it a few times, but it's always been there even in the 90's when he lost some of his delay and chime...

edge has had a signature sound since the 80's. what rock have you been living under?

Yeah...Because Surrender, Twilight, Pride, The Unforgettable Fire, Seconds, the Fly, Numb, Lemon, Zooropa, and Babyface all sound the same, right? :wave:

YouTube - Journey - Faithfully

Compare it for yourselves folks.....And tell me I'm wrong. TELL ME I'M WRONG!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Crow I've been disagreeing with just about everyone of your opinions on the new album, but you're absolutely right about Crazy and Journey. The first time I heard Crazy, I immediately thought: "That's a freakin' 80s power ballad" though I couldn't remember which song. If its not a direct rip-off, it certainly harkens to it.

Actually you guys aren't except for your dislike of this album and love for stirring up shit.

You hate Lanois he likes Lanois.

You hate sound effects and he wanted more 'Numb' sounds...

meh, tomato tomahto

actually i dont mind Lanois, hes the perfect addition when its subtle and in small doses. His increased input in this record, however, castrated it. And the ticking clock was stupid, I dont care what anyone says.

Yeah...Because Surrender, Twilight, Pride, The Unforgettable Fire, Seconds, the Fly, Numb, Lemon, Zooropa, and Babyface all sound the same, right? :wave:

sure, i too, can pick 5 songs out of how many to make an example? How 'bout Bad, ISHFWILF, WGRYWH, rejoice, etc, etc. the entire joshua tree album.

i noticed you picked 4 songs from zooropa...

Your intimacy with U2 is clearly ruining your enjoyment of an actual good album. You're not gonna be like the #1 fan who ends up shooting Bono, are you? Look, no one was a bigger hater of the BOMB when it came out, just look up my first posts on this forum, i slayed that album every chance i could. And I still hate it. It wasn't just because it seemed like an attempt to sound like old U2, it was mostly because the songwriting sucked. That's where i'm coming from, first i want a decent song. If the song's no good, all that other shit about it sounding the same is just adding further insult to injury. But this album, can you really find nothing redeeming about it? Just admit if you like a song, it doesn't have to be a total extreme departure. I mean, yea i could listen to Magnificent (my fave song here) and really really focus all my energy into finding something that recalls the past, which then i can say it sounds derivative of U2. At the end of the day, i'm just happy they wrote a fucking great album of songs.

Crow I've been disagreeing with just about everyone of your opinions on the new album, but you're absolutely right about Crazy and Journey. The first time I heard Crazy, I immediately thought: "That's a freakin' 80s power ballad" though I couldn't remember which song. If its not a direct rip-off, it certainly harkens to it.

That's fair. You don't have to like what I say! And I ain't gonna bash you for it either....LOL.

Your intimacy with U2 is clearly ruining your enjoyment of an actual good album. You're not gonna be like the #1 fan who ends up shooting Bono, are you? Look, no one was a bigger hater of the BOMB when it came out, just look up my first posts on this forum, i slayed that album every chance i could. And I still hate it. It wasn't just because it seemed like an attempt to sound like old U2, it was mostly because the songwriting sucked. That's where i'm coming from, first i want a decent song. If the song's no good, all that other shit about it sounding the same is just adding further insult to injury. But this album, can you really find nothing redeeming about it? Just admit if you like a song, it doesn't have to be a total extreme departure. I mean, yea i could listen to Magnificent (my fave song here) and really really focus all my energy into finding something that recalls the past, which then i can say it sounds derivative of U2. At the end of the day, i'm just happy they wrote a fucking great album of songs.

For me...I've had to endure two albums of "recalling the past". This one is even worse in my opinion. So I can't let it go.

i'm still trying to understand this album.... btw i'll go crazy is a crap track... cedars of lebanon doesnt make any sense. in fact the only tracks that are on par with the standard u2 has set over the years are breathe, No line on the horizon, and moment of surrender... the rest is complete shit....i know i'm going to get crucified now

sure, i too, can pick 5 songs out of how many to make an example? How 'bout Bad, ISHFWILF, WGRYWH, rejoice, etc, etc. the entire joshua tree album.

i noticed you picked 4 songs from zooropa...

I can make a bigger list if you like!

tripoli, i wouldn't say you are on the same page as scandal. you actually look forward to hearing these live... there's a difference right there!

what part of crazy tonight sounds like that? Its not that i dont believe you I just cant bear to listen to it, i just want to fast forward to the part.

Back
Top Bottom