The EPL/Nationwide League Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
apparently one of them Busted lads is a Town fan.

why, God, why????

plus the Darkness are Norwich fans. bloody hell.

the one decent music act to come out of East Anglia....and they're scum.

My God, Elton John and his wig!

Well I hate to be the doom meister but we've got suspensions (Stone, Berger and De Zeuuw) and injuries (Pericard (!) and Quashie). We'll be lucky to get a draw. But you can't have draws in derbies - it's not right.

Good luck to your lads. God help us to ours!

the only thing that annoys me a little is what one of our EPL pundits commented on recently (in reference to your match, actually)

'there's a lot of passion on the terraces, that's for sure, but i'm not sure on the pitch'

the thing with a lot of the English derbies is that unlike say Madrid/Barcelona (which isn't technically a derby, it's more like Catalunia against the rest of Spain) is that very few of the players actually have some kind of ties to the club. look at say Arsenal vs. Spurs. sure they'll all be professionals and give no less than 100% of the fans, but the old thing about how in derbies form goes out of the window is becoming less and less a truth of sorts. i guess i don't have much right to comment, not being from England at all, but it's just an observation.

anyway, good luck! everyone seems to be writing you off though, but the ball is round, there's 90 minutes, and the Germans can't win this time!

edit: more impetus to win ours - silly west brom went to lose to coventry. if nadgers win they go top.

dear me.

although to be fairly honest if we achieve promotion (not unlikely), i'd like them to go up with us. the Premiership hasn't seen an East Anglia derby in nearly a decade - time perhaps, to rectify that? :wink:

Last edited:
Oh God!!!!!!!!! It's not total humiliation (yet) but we had b*gger all passion, and b*gger all ideas. But that's from what I heard, because I didn't watch it. I knew we would play without passion, so went on Christmas card delivery duties and caught 5 mins of it. And that was enough.

WTF happened to you guys!!!????

I have to say, that was a beautiful goal by Pahars, best I've seen this weekend. Neutral observation though. I caught the last half an hour of your game or so and quite honestly Southampton were the better team.

As for us, two words - 'bad defending'. Santos was awful - sure he's the big holding man but he is horrifically indisciplined and it was his foul that led up to the goal - although Malky Mackay (I think) repeated his sin of last year by clattering into Kelvin and causing him to drop the ball. As for the second one, I don't know where the defence was, perhaps having tea at Newcastle, because they definitely weren't on the pitch. We had huge problems up front, too - none of our attacking players seemed to have any edge at all. I wanted Mahon and Counago to start but even after they came on they didn't really do enough. The stats read something like 6 shots on target for us, and 2 for them, which makes it hurt a lot more. Plus they're top of the league, and we've fallen off the pace a bit.

Still, there's many games left in the season. Plus there's always the Carrot Road game. For now though, I'm intensely disappointed.

Well there's the Carrot Road (lol) game for you, and the nottarF kraP game for us. But our players had better buck their ideas up pretty damn quick. I would if Huckleberry will come to us? Soon drag him down to our level if he does.

I think if Hucks were to live City it'd probably be to you - he wants a Premier League club, after all. Fresh legs, that's what you need.

Shefki thinks we played better than the Scummers over the weekend. Oh dear.

It's not the end of the world yet, but the defence needs sorting. No use having the best attack in the league when we concede so many! Makin's out till February...perhaps if we could stump up the cash we could get a 'experienced' donkey defender from a PL club...

Linvoy for Ipswich!

we've still got West Ham, albeit minus Mahon which is annoying

Joe had better get us a replacement attacking midfielder, whether on loan or otherwise

Ambrose jumps to mind

although I wouldn't mind a quick return for Mahon

there's something wrong with me that on a nice Boxing Day instead of watching Exhibition Football (aka Dingles get whacked by Arsenal...I blame Nick Hornby for Arsenal being my second team), I decide 30 minutes in to listen to West Ham-Ipswich

come on you blues!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The last Boxing Day we beat Leicester 2-1. Brian Deane penalty, Gaardsoe equaliser, Ambrose winner two minutes from time.

Not as dramatic as before, but it's great to win at Upton Park (despite WHU's crap form under Pardew it's not easy to win away).

I'm off to watch the Charlton/Chelsea match.

Three ex-Town players have scored! :laugh: (Johansson was a trainee with the Blues and played a few reserve matches way back, or so says Brenner Woolley!)

how many players with Town links scored today?

Pablo
Hermann
Matty
Johansson
Darren Ambrose

up the town!

Great on your boys beating Spuds, although I fancy abit of a Chesea backlash...

Gary Mabbutt, David Baddiel, can you hear me? You boys took one hell of a beating. If it wasn't for Keller it could have been 4 or 5. Berger and chips Mr Pleat?

I like West Ham when they're in the Prem, but not when they're in the First :huh: Nice result for you, especially after N******. And oh look! Our Scum lost at Fulham. Niccccee.

i cant stand manchester united,,,,,,man i hope chelsea or arsenal win the premeiership this year.........

im a liverpool fan myself and i cant stand the man utd scum......

Hey, and i just gotta remind the poms out there......something which u should never ever forget

ENGLAND 1
AUSTRALIA 3

Back
Top Bottom