NBA 2013-14 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Heat, as currently constructed, can not win another title.

With proper roster moves? Sure.

Their problem is that unless they all opt out and take further significant pay cuts, which is possible I suppose, the oversized 3 will be taking up the majority of the salary cap next year... leaving them very little room to add to the roster.

And the Eastern Conference is a steaming pile of dog shit. I say that lovingly, as a fan of an Eastern Conference team that was such utter dog shit that they couldn't even make the playoffs in a conference full of dog shit.

The Western Conference is light years ahead of the East.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

Have you heard of the Chicago Bulls?

Are the Heat done? We don't know yet.

And therein lies the rub. As of right now, 2 titles, the Heat are not a Dynasty. Should they win next year, then that word can begin to be used, win 2 more in the next 3 or 4 years, absolutely call them a dynasty. But its too early to label them a dynasty at this point. Should they never win another title in this run, then the label dynasty won't fit.

So lets revisit this next June or June 2016 and we'll have a better idea.

And therein lies the rub. As of right now, 2 titles, the Heat are not a Dynasty. Should they win next year, then that word can begin to be used, win 2 more in the next 3 or 4 years, absolutely call them a dynasty. But its too early to label them a dynasty at this point. Should they never win another title in this run, then the label dynasty won't fit.

So lets revisit this next June or June 2016 and we'll have a better idea.

Absolutely, I spoke a bit too soon. But I'm definitely not the only one getting ahead of myself here.

And I think that's a big part of why you will see them back -- there is unfinished business.

I wish there could be one person put in place to decide what teams qualify as dynasties. Also if they could decide the to QB's of all time, that would be nice and hopefully end that discussion.

Sent from my 831C using U2 Interference mobile app

cockypop2.gif

Not one... Not two...

I wish there could be one person put in place to decide what teams qualify as dynasties. Also if they could decide the to QB's of all time, that would be nice and hopefully end that discussion.

A few dynasties, just off the top of my head.

-70's Steelers
-70's A's
-80's Islanders
-80's Oilers (NHL)
-80's Niners
-90's Bulls
-90's Cowboys
-90's Yankees
2000's- Patriots
2000's- Lakers

Just to name a few.

At least it happened before your Sixers paired him with Nerlens Noel as the front court of the future. Maybe 2 good legs/feet between them.

I take Parker over everyone.

Feel free to quote me on that in five years if he's a bust (here's looking at you, Michael Beasley).

The NBA goes in trends. Guys who can do a little bit of everything and can play within a team orientated system seems to be on the upswing...

Wiggins has a hire ceiling, but also has a lower basement.

Parker does a little of everything? That's news to me. As far as I can tell, he's a tweener who can't really defend any position.

If the Bucks get Parker I may actually watch one or two of their games this year.

Edit. No I won't.

Parker does a little of everything? That's news to me. As far as I can tell, he's a tweener who can't really defend any position.

Yea... I mean, I didn't know we were referring to 6'8" 3s as tweeners now. I guess I missed that memo.

Defensively? Sure... Probably not the quickest cat in the world. But if you put him with a team that, ya know, has a coach who knows what he's doing, he's certainly showed a very high IQ and a desire to learn and improve. So he should have little issue being a quality team defender and an above average rebounder for his position.

Eh... I have no idea why people are listing him as a 3 or 4. He has the skill set of a 3. He played some 4 with Duke out of necessity. LeBron plays some 4 for Miami... He's still a 3 (but should be a 1).

A lot of people say Parker reminds them of a cross between Grant Hill and Carmelo. I see him as a Paul Pierce. Either way, I see him as a star. He has the skill and he has the smarts... and he's coming into the league at a good time, as guys who can do a bit of everything and are unselfish seem to be coming back into vogue.

The only guy who I think could be better is Randle. I think he could end up being a steal for whoever grabs him, and will make whoever takes Embiid look real dumb a few years down the line.

Thats a tough call. I guess you'd need some info on the surgery to make an informed decision.
Lets say your option is Embiid or say Julius Randle. Embiid would have more upside, but likely his first season is completley lost already, and there is the real possibility he is Greg Oden redux. A Randle would likely be a solid player for a decade but by no means a star or franchise player. How much of a gamble do you take?

I'd say considering the amount of picks you have over the next 5 years pick Embiid, essentially the fan base suffers through another tank year in 14-15, but then if Embiid can be healthy, plus another probable lottery pick next year, you might be on your way, but it will be a longer process with a potentially greater payoff. And of course he might never play a significant role and you waste the #6 pick....not as bad as wasting the #1, but it still leaves a mark.
Of course the scuttlebutt currently is that if they don't land Love in trade (which is seeming less and less likely), they may deal Rondo, so you're way back into tank mode...might as well take a shot at Embiid if thats the case.

Those two are perhaps the best rookies this decade.

Looks like Houston is gonna go all out for LeBron. That could be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom