The Elder Scrolls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a video on Facebook of my male character marrying a skeezy old man from Solitude. You may have seen him before. He's the drunk who stands outside the inn dancing all night long. We're very much in love.

I haven't really followed the whole wedding thing... I just know that one night I got really drunk in Whiterun and apparently proposed to somebody I've never seen before and now I have to go attend my wedding.

I have a video on Facebook of my male character marrying a skeezy old man from Solitude. You may have seen him before. He's the drunk who stands outside the inn dancing all night long. We're very much in love.

:lol: Love it. I married Farkas from the Companions.. but didn't save it. So now I'm married to Ysolda..

I played for 9 hours straight yesterday. I felt so stupid afterwards, especially knowing that I've got an exam on Monday.

I've banned xbox for the next 3 days.

Meanwhile, I got it back Saturday until Monday night and then fate conspired against me, and I have only managed to get in about an hours play. Today's outlook: Too much Skyrim.

I am 45 minutes away from my Calculus exam. The first and last exam of the semester where what I get on it is dependent of my grade.

I go home today in about 3 hours. I go on a cleaning rampage. Then... Skyrim until everyone else in school is done with their exams and has a reason to drink. I've never enjoyed the thought of exam week more than this semester.

It's, unfortunately, a rare occasion when I actually complete a video game. My freshman year at TCU, we went to the Poinsettia bowl( a time I was actually happy to be attending said bowl), and I was in marching band. The bowl was too near The end of the semester for them to send us home and then fly us out to San Diego, so we had to stay on campus about 4 days after everyone else had left. I ended up completely, almost from start to end, beating kingdom Hearts 2 in 48 hours. I pretty much did nothing else but eat and sleep, I was so damn bored. Have you ever been on a nearly completely empty campus before? It's actually kind of creepy as fuck.

^ Yeah, it is creepy. It was like the apocalypse happened and I slept through it.

I finally feel like a badass in Skyrim. It turned out I just needed a better weapon, and my new Glass War Axe helps me mow down dragons, ice wraiths, sabercats, and bears pretty easily.

I found a ruin with some ghostly soldiers apologizing as they attacked me. They were whacking me and saying, "I'm sorry! I don't have a choice!" I need to go back there and see what's going on (I was distracted by a dragon).

Also, I talked to Paarthurnax. He sounds like a cross between Megatron from Beast Wars and Treebeard.

Now I really sound like a nerd. :nerd:

Jim Cummings being a voice in the game drives me insane. He's a great voice actor usually, but for some reason he is using ONLY the voice of Pete from Goof Troop for about 30 characters.

I have the staff of chain lightning along with lightning bolt and I pretty much exclusively kick ass now.

I finally feel like a badass in Skyrim. It turned out I just needed a better weapon, and my new Glass War Axe helps me mow down dragons, ice wraiths, sabercats, and bears pretty easily.

I found a ruin with some ghostly soldiers apologizing as they attacked me. They were whacking me and saying, "I'm sorry! I don't have a choice!" I need to go back there and see what's going on (I was distracted by a dragon).

I was in there last week.. I felt really bad mowing them down when they were apologizing to me the whole time. Canadian ghosts maybe ;)

I've just started finding glass items.. I carry a nice little glass dagger as a secondary weapon for when I'm sneaking. Just starting to get used to spells and such... love the lightning one.

Something I've been wondering is, once you've leveled as high as you can
Level 50, i think
can you continue to level up your skills as well even if your physical level can't be raised any higher. Just something I've wondered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awm6lNOpGq8

^ LOL, Canadian ghosts!

Today I spent an insane amount of time fighting a Frost Dragon. It killed me several times and then I made a run for it and hid behind a pillar. I had to use ranged attacks and shouts only, because it would chomp down on me if I got too close. That was really difficult. :crazy:

The best dragon attacks, IMO, are based on discrete 3-D structures. Yesterday I went to Autumnwatch Tower and defeated an Ice Dragon by ducking in and out of the stone tower as it blasted the sides with frost, then kept walking up the mountain slope and reached Arcwind. Started fighting a Draugr Deathlord, felt my controller start shaking, looked up, and saw 10 Draugr marching on me with another dragon about to land. I did what any courageous Dragonborn would do and ran like a little bitch away to heal up. Then I came back the other side, and started pegging the dragon with arrows as it attacked another Draugr Lord deep in the Arcwind basin. These situations require some tactics and strategy in how they're approached, and feel really fresh.

On the tundra however, it's much less impressive because the melee combat is primarily bash and slash. After a few days, I was all on board for Skyrim dethroning Zelda games in the "wander around on a horse doing stuff" category, but Nintendo's made a late run as I've started to appreciate more of the subtle gameplay polish they put into their titles. Things as simple as "point out where your horse/companions are on the map", or the Z-targeting system. Ancient as it is, Twilight Princess's combination of Z targeting and special "A" button events helped Link feel far more dynamic and active than I do as my Breton.

6467625967_1bc79cd3a0_b.jpg

All said, however, I'm 80 hours in and Level 30+. It's almost impossible to imagine re-starting with another character since there's been such an extraordinary amount to do. I'd give Skyrim....uh, probably a 3 or 4 out of 5 right now, depending on how much f'ing lag my PS3 spits out. I really, really love the technical world Bethesda spawned(*), but there's a nagging urge for a stronger narrative voice (which would probably tie into giving you 2 or 3 discrete companions that could accompany you and give relevant dialogue, instead of the mute anonymous followers).

*altitude. In terms of accepting the internal reality of the world, I'm a sucker for elements that tie it all together; usually manifested as mountains. In Majora's Mask, it was seeing the moon slowly descend from multiple angles around Termina.

Alright, I just had a dragon glitch where he got stuck on a tree and then proceeded to fly backwards like a spaz. Took a video, I'll post it later. So how many of you stop and stare at the sky during the night.. especially when there is aurora borealis. Man, it could be raining outside, but the beauty and detail they put into aurora borealis is amazing.

I like how they say that animals won't attack unless provoked. Yet, there I was, looking at the sky and got attacked from behind by a massive bear. Geeez. Gettin' in some astrology here!

Horkers attack me at all turns, so I feel you.

But yes, I do love to look at that sky. Reminds me of how pretty the sky animations were for Vexx, back in the day.

100 Smithing...

I have a companion now. I hook em up with the best armor in the game :p Basically so they can take a lot of damage when I arch. I've abandoned the one-handed skill and I'm going full out on archery with magic on the side. Although I still keep a legendary ebony dagger on hand for desperate situations.

Really annoying bit. I sold my guild armor for the thieves guild and now there's a miscellaneous task to upgrading it... and I can't get rid of the task because I don't have the armor. I'm really OCD about that. I want it gone!

So I did the quest Escape From Cidhna Mine a while back. Last night, I was in Markarth and decided to go back to the Shrine of Talos out of curiosity, and the guards who arrested me before were still there and tried to arrest me again! I didn't know how it would work if I went back to jail again or how I'd get my stuff back if I got out, so I resisted arrest and ran away. Now I have a bounty of 1000 in Markarth. That's not supposed to happen, is it?

No, that's not supposed to happen. That's an error in the looping of the game. I accidentally failed that quest the first time round because I didn't see that I had to be taken away, so I killed them. Quickly reloaded the game. Thank God, because I really like that quest.

How funny is this btw...

I'm totally in favor of The Forsworn and of Solitude/The Imperials. Screw the Nords. I was so in love with Oblivion that I still feel as though my character is good friends with Uriel Septim.

It's a politically turbulent time in Tamriel, that's for sure. Both sides make good points, but I think the real bad guys are the Thalmor. I heard from one character that they took over Valenwood, Elsewyr, and Cyrodiil already with the White Gold Concordant. Arrogant Altmer. :tsk:

Yeah, and they're snotty and rude. They put a hit on my character because I wrecked them and they're still butthurt about it.

I bought the Shivering Isles/Knights of the Nine disk separately, since I already had Oblivion. It was nice that they didn't make you buy the game twice and had the bonus content available on its own. I hope they do that with Skyrim. Bethesda said on Twitter to expect info about extra content sometime next year. I'm hoping that they'll do something with the Morrowind mainland, since in the Elder Scrolls lore, apparently the island of Vvardenfell has been destroyed, and we haven't been able to explore all of Morrowind yet. :hmm:

Bethesda has released patch 1.3 for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The patch came to Steam last week and is now available on Xbox Live. It will be available shortly on PSN. Bethesda notes that the following fixes are included in the patch:

* General stability improvements
* Optimize performance for Core 2 Duo CPUs (PC)
* Fixed Radiant Story incorrectly filling certain roles
* Fixed magic resistances not calculating properly
* Fixed issue with placing books on bookshelves inside player purchased homes
* Fixed dragon animation issues with saving and loading
* Fixed Y-look input to scale correctly with framerate

Yayz.

Back
Top Bottom