The Elder Scrolls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aw, they're getting rid of the naked courier? That was a hilarious glitch.

Although, I have to wonder where he kept all his messages. :ohmy:

That's it, I'm dropping all my letters in the fire.

The newest update is available for consoles now. I don't know how I feel about setting skills to Legendary, though. It removes their perks and sets them back to 15 so that they can help you level up again. I've been improving some of my less-used skills to make myself level up, but it takes longer. I really want to get to level 80 so that I can fight the Ebony Warrior and Legendary dragons.

It's a slow grind back to 100 on some of the skills I remembered being "easy" in the early days. They must have made Smithing a lot slower than it was originally, I remember knocking that one out in a day.

I've been addicted to Oblivion for the past few weeks. It's so, so very good. Can't stop playing.

I love the spell-making ability in Oblivion. Also enjoying playing a mage character (I was a stealth wooden elf archer in Skyrim).

^ Do you have The Shivering Isles expansion for Oblivion? I had so much fun with that.

I do, but I haven't started it yet. I got the game of the year edition, so I think all expansions are there. I got as far as the gate but decided to leave it for later (my character is still somewhat weak). It should be fun, from what I read!

I do, but I haven't started it yet. I got the game of the year edition, so I think all expansions are there. I got as far as the gate but decided to leave it for later (my character is still somewhat weak). It should be fun, from what I read!

Yeah, some of the enemies are pretty tough if you're at a low level. There are a lot of insane (literally) characters in there to look forward to! And the best armor and weapons in the game are in there.

I'm a little sad to hear that Bethesda won't be working on any more Skyrim DLCs, but it's good to know that they're working on new games! I am really excited for Elder Scrolls VI, but there's still a lot to do in Skyrim, so that'll keep me busy while I wait. I still want to start a new game and make a magic-based character, since I always go for the archer/stealth type.

Yeah, mage characters totally change the game experience. Being a stealth archer in Skyrim got pretty boring after getting all the good perks and basically killing almost any enemy with one arrow. You have some more options with mages, I think, like casting frenzy/rage spells and making your enemies fight each other. Or conjuring things. It's pretty fun.

I got a taste of what magic can do when I was fighting Karstaag and got to the point of desperation where I start looking through my inventory for emergency scrolls. I ended up using one that made a huge explosion and finished off Karstaag. It made me wonder what I could do if my magic skills were higher. :hmm: Probably blow up Tamriel. :lol:

What's the best kind of elf to be for maximum magic abilities? I know Bretons are good, but I wanna be an elf. :nerd: I need to stop being so productive and make more time for Skyrim.

I think a dark elf is the way to go, although it doesn't make that much of a difference in the higher levels. I'm a Breton in Oblivion, though.

I started a new game with an Altmer named Annabelle Sunshine that is magic only. Since the High Elves are such jerks, I wanted an ironically cheerful name, especially since she shoots lightning bolts from both hands. I do have a sword in case I get desperate, which I probably will when I go to Bleak Falls Barrow. I had a hard time with that place in my first game, but I'm going to take a follower with me this time.

Starting a new game has renewed my enthusiasm, especially since I'm playing in a totally different style than I'm used to. But I will go back to my Level 55 Argonian once in a while to try to reach Level 80.

21133_531528646891125_678602298_n.jpg

Holy cow, I didn't realize you didn't get it when it came out, thought you'd just held off on the dlc! Probably a good decision though, you'll get the benefit of all the patches to make the game run better. You're going to have a lot of fun in the near future.

I actually still haven't finished the campaign or any of the DLC, so maybe I'll have to try to get it done before you do!

I finished the campaign but as I think I posted earlier, played so much of the game in such a little amount of time that I burned myself out and now the DLC is not of interest to me. I mean, I loved the game and all but, yeah....Skyrim is in my past. Maybe JT will float in here and tell us all to play Bioshock Infinite.

I just bought Skyrim at Christmas :(

Ah well, I suppose it would cost about the same to just buy the DLC separate, yeah?

Back
Top Bottom