The double digit leak thread: Leak Thread 10.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1) There are literally hundreds of people camping out here 'round the clock. We need to release the tension somehow. We can't all just stit here and not talk to eachother

2) If you look at the end of the thread, and people are not talking about anything serious, then it obviously has not leaked. And if some other tidbit happened, just ask and people will fill you in.

3) When it does leak, YOU WILL KNOW IT. How many times does this have to be said? A new thread will be created for it. This thread is more just to keep us from killing ourselves while we wait.

:applaud::applaud: Well said!

1) There are literally hundreds of people camping out here 'round the clock. We need to release the tension somehow. We can't all just stit here and not talk to eachother

2) If you look at the end of the thread, and people are not talking about anything serious, then it obviously has not leaked. And if some other tidbit happened, just ask and people will fill you in.

3) When it does leak, YOU WILL KNOW IT. How many times does this have to be said? A new thread will be created for it. This thread is more just to keep us from killing ourselves while we wait.

i for one am all for silly comments, but if i see one more u2 title with the word "leak" put into it and some goof laughing their ass off like it's the funniest thing they've ever seen, even though it's no different than the last 500 of 'em, i'm going to shoot myself.

10 threads deep and still no sign of a leak?
puke.gif

I was under the impression that the Killers album leaked?

:scratch:

Didn't it? Does anyone know if it leaked?
It "leaked" the day the album got released in Japan I think. Not even the day before that release. So you can't really call it a leak.

I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to postpone the radio 'premiere' if the album hasn't leaked by Thursday.

These threads are starting to become boring. I'm starting to care less about the album. It's like I've been thinking about it so much already that by the time I actually get it I'll already be worn out on U2. I think I'm going to cut down on my interference visit and spend my time on other things I enjoy.

It "leaked" the day the album got released in Japan I think. Not even the day before that release. So you can't really call it a leak.

I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to postpone the radio 'premiere' if the album hasn't leaked by Thursday.

These are the Day & Age release dates:

Code:
Japan 		November 19, 2008 (CD, Download)
Italy 		November 21, 2008 (CD, Download)
Australia 	November 22, 2008 (CD, Download)
UK 		November 23, 2008 (CD, Download, Vinyl LP)
US,Canada 	November 18, 2008 (Vinyl LP, Download)
		November 24, 2008 (CD)

Its interesting how the US was the last place that got the CD version and Japan was the first place. It seems like thats Universal's new strategy. Delay the album as long as possible in the US because thats where the leaks are bound to happen.

Except for the digital version coming out before the Japanese release, it seems like UMG's plans for NLOTH are almost identical to Day & Age.

These threads are starting to become boring. I'm starting to care less about the album. It's like I've been thinking about it so much already that by the time I actually get it I'll already be worn out on U2. I think I'm going to cut down on my interference visit and spend my time on other things I enjoy.

See, I've actually spent more time on here lately because of the leak threads...hell, my pathetic post count has practically doubled because of them! :wink:

These threads are a wasteland of misery and despair. :sad:

....like I'm gonna leave. :wink:

responding to 1) hundreds of people are camping here because it takes forever to read through pages of unrelated leak talk. There's no quick in and out of this thread if you want any solid info.

responding to 3) I realize that eventually when the album leaks, we'll all know it. But I like seeing actual updates to the situation without having to wade through page after page of inane banter. And I'd bet I'm not alone. Not everyone is here to see how quickly they can get their post count up. I suggested a thread for serious info and a thread for people to basically chat while they wait for the leak. What's wrong with serving both interests?

There is a silver lining to all this waiting, it has given me a chance to go back and listen to a lot of U2 that I haven't listened to in a long time (albums start-to-finish). Listening to Zooropa right now, and Stay is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. :up:

I for one am absolutely loving these threads!
They crack me up, there are some funny bastards here!

Jesus, it's been 4.5 years! How are these threads upsetting anyone? Except Sicy who has to mod them - that I understand...

I for one am absolutely loving these threads!
They crack me up, there are some funny bastards here!

Jesus, it's been 4.5 years! How are these threads upsetting anyone? Except Sicy who has to mod them - that I understand...

Exactly. And anyways, as far as chat threads go, (compared to some of the other ones on this site) this thread is positively intellectual. :crack:

I'm back! How much nothing did I miss?
EDIT: 316 people viewing a thread of the aforementioned nothing. Whoa.

So the story of the leak is definitively gone... no leak at all.... shall the admins close each leak thread starting from now on???

responding to 1) hundreds of people are camping here because it takes forever to read through pages of unrelated leak talk. There's no quick in and out of this thread if you want any solid info.

responding to 3) I realize that eventually when the album leaks, we'll all know it. But I like seeing actual updates to the situation without having to wade through page after page of inane banter. And I'd bet I'm not alone. Not everyone is here to see how quickly they can get their post count up. I suggested a thread for serious info and a thread for people to basically chat while they wait for the leak. What's wrong with serving both interests?

No I totally see your point. I don't think Sicy wanted another leak thread though, and with this many people here all the time just sitting and waiting, there's no way you're ever going to stop all the non-serious talk.

Besides, if there hasn't been a leak, what other kind of news are you looking for? The only mildly serious thing that has happened here is the discovery of about 1,000,000,000 more fake leaks. And again, there are always credible people here ready to fill you in on what you missed (which is always nothing).

:shrug:

These are the Day & Age release dates:

Code:
Japan 		November 19, 2008 (CD, Download)
Italy 		November 21, 2008 (CD, Download)
Australia 	November 22, 2008 (CD, Download)
UK 		November 23, 2008 (CD, Download, Vinyl LP)
US,Canada 	November 18, 2008 (Vinyl LP, Download)
		November 24, 2008 (CD)

Its interesting how the US was the last place that got the CD version and Japan was the first place. It seems like thats Universal's new strategy. Delay the album as long as possible in the US because thats where the leaks are bound to happen.

Except for the digital version coming out before the Japanese release, it seems like UMG's plans for NLOTH are almost identical to Day & Age.

actually i think you have it reversed.

leaking of albums is a problem worldwide... but in the united states the leaks may cost sales, but nobody's making money off of them.

leaks in asia are a huge blackmarket business, especially in china. so if they were to release in japan last, by the time they got there everyone would already have a copy, and somebody else would have the money from it.

thus why they release in japan first, and why they always put a bonus track on the japanese version... to entice people to buy the album over the blackmarket bootleg.

So the story of the leak is definitively gone... no leak at all.... shall the admins close each leak thread starting from now on???
...No. Alan Cross' thing was just the first "leak story", and chances are it'll leak pretty soon (the odds are getting better every day!)
Besides, where else are we going to go? :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom