The 'Desert Island Game Running Diary' Thread Pt 3 (NO LINKS!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree

I liked his list a lot, though not as much toward the end

also do you have the minus the bear album Menos El Oso...I just got it :drool:

the only one I have by them is Planet of Ice. I've enjoyed about half of his list so far, with two of the songs being two of the best I've heard thusfar.

So this Pink Floyd song is good, but the fucking talk box effect annoys the shit out of me.

I love Queen. I've never heard this song before, though, as I only have a greatest hits record.

Good Pearl Jam song, but I've heard it sooooo many times that I'm losing focus.

Now I'm onto The Who's song. I've heard it before, but never knew who did it.

Though it feels a lot longer than it is. I'm not sure if that's a good thing.

I actually like The Bravery quite a deal. This song was the first I'd heard. And I've heard it a ton, so like the Pearl Jam song I'm just kinda gliding through it.

this song by Moving Pictures sounds like it should be in the Top Gun (or some other 80s Tom Cruise movie) soundtrack.

And I've not liked one Genesis song so far. Nor a Peter Gabriel song. And the only song I sorta like by Collins is In The Air Tonight.

this Police song reminds me of The Wedding Singer. It's like it's movie time in PFan's list. :ohmy:

The Steely Dan and Chicago songs didn't really leave any impression on me. Quite neutral. I didn't like them but didn't dislike them.

Any final thoughts there, Tourist?

I thought the middle was all very strong. Standout tracks were Electioneering, Over the Hills and Far Away, Willing, Rejoice, So Divided, and Here Comes the Sun. I felt the ending dragged on a bit, though. Perhaps because I don't care for a lot of the songs/artists out of the last 9 (besides, of course, The Beatles). Your flow was better this time around. I'd give your flow a B+ and your songs a B-, which averages out to a B, for me, but is an improvement over your DI IV list.

We should be playing the Llama Game, guys. The Llama Game. You take a name, and put the word LLAMA in it. Fuck me, that's funny.

As I said in the completely wrong thread because I'm an insane method actor, I'll be listening to Tourist's list next.

My current ratings:
1. LemonMacPhisto: A-
2. LemonMelon: A-

As I said in the completely wrong thread because I'm an insane method actor, I'll be listening to Tourist's list next.

My current ratings:
1. LemonMacPhisto: A-
2. LemonMelon: A-

:angry: THE LLAMA HISTORIAN

See? You've been pwned. Nobody wants to study the history of llamas.

I believe you've been pwned, Eli.

You slithered out of your mother's filth...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom