The CLAW - Part. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not easy to admit but his is actually the first time that I am getting completely enthousiastic about the new tour. As a matter a fact, I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!!!! :rockon:

I saw this and couldn't help myself....zwervers2....why the hell would it be difficult to admit that you are actually enthusiastic about the new tour? That just seems really strange to me...but it goes back to some people really just wanting U2 to fail for some reason....

the actuall stage is oval in shape...

Imagen019.jpg

i think that pretty much cancels any thoughts of rotation

anybody have an idea as to what that circular thing is in the upper left of this picture? It looks almost like a lighting effect device thing that will spin...but I'm sure it's probably not haha....and I can't see it on the other side of the claw...just in that one area....:hmm:

oh yeah, also...for those who aren't too crazy about the orange things...I think they're much more obvious in these pictures than they will be when you're actually in your seat or whatever...right now they're pretty obvious, but I don't think that will be the case come show time

And, in terms of the size of some of the things in these pictures, I think some of you are having trouble putting things in perspective not only because of how big this particular satdium is, but also because of how big the claw is. If you think something looks abnormally small or something, just look at things next to it to get a better perspective. Someone said the stage should be higher, but if you look at the guy standing right next to it, you see that the stage is a pretty normal height.

I'm still not really sure exactly how that screen is going to work, but does anyone think it's a possibility the show begins with the screen down, sort of like it is shown in these pictures? And then it slowly rises up to reveal the band or whatever...:hmm:

I'm still not really sure exactly how that screen is going to work, but does anyone think it's a possibility the show begins with the screen down, sort of like it is shown in these pictures? And then it slowly rises up to reveal the band or whatever...:hmm:

heck yeah. and they'll start the show with Discotheque.

I sure hope Bono's been working out, because once he gets out on the very front of that catwalk, it's a LOOOOOONG way back to the main stage!
:lmao:

I am not going to try and defend myself. All I was saying is it looks tricky and tight.

SMB

Then why do you keep defending yourself? Just for Bono's sake stop trying to argue about stuff you don't have a clue about. You're making people worried for nothing.

The screen is down so they can work on it. I snuck into the sports arena before the first Vertigo show and the whole upper lighting rig was almost resting on the stage so they could work on it.

I am not going to try and defend myself. All I was saying is it looks tricky and tight.

SMB

That's fine. We get that. What people are saying is that while it may be tight, the crew will have it built up and deconstructed in the time they are allotted for that particular venue. No shows are going to be cancelled.

Looks like the out walkway has similar lights to the vertigo indoor stage or is that just me? I imagine if that's right then the floor of the main stage may have a similar feel to the vertigo stage

Someone said the stage should be higher, but if you look at the guy standing right next to it, you see that the stage is a pretty normal height.

Yeah, that was me, after the first pictures, before they put on the "2nd" floor. It's now the way I think it should be: just above head level. Perfect.

The screen is down so they can work on it. I snuck into the sports arena before the first Vertigo show and the whole upper lighting rig was almost resting on the stage so they could work on it.

yeah, of course...I realize that...I'm just saying that maybe not even as an intro to the first song, but at the very start of the show, have the screen down with visuals or whatever...then raise it up...I don't know...

I saw this and couldn't help myself....zwervers2....why the hell would it be difficult to admit that you are actually enthusiastic about the new tour? That just seems really strange to me...but it goes back to some people really just wanting U2 to fail for some reason....
Have you ever read his posts?

anybody have an idea as to what that circular thing is in the upper left of this picture? It looks almost like a lighting effect device thing that will spin...but I'm sure it's probably not haha....and I can't see it on the other side of the claw...just in that one area....:hmm:

It's the side of the speakers.

Ok the poster who is already worried about cancelations, you have the wrong info...

3 days up, 1 down.

For those asking about the "catwalk" how else do you think they'll get on stage? There is no backstage to enter from, so they need something to get them on stage.

this chit chat is getting a little bit redonkulous

every perceivable issue or question has been raised on pages 1 - 36 of this thread so stop with the "how high is the catwalk, where will the band appear, will the screen be raised, sure looks low...blah blah blah". fwiw, bono will be driven in a buggy to the main stage - he's got arthritis in his knees.

the orange things are called Smarties :wink:

this chit chat is getting a little bit redonkulous

every perceivable issue or question has been raised on pages 1 - 36 of this thread so stop with the "how high is the catwalk, where will the band appear, will the screen be raised, sure looks low...blah blah blah". fwiw, bono will be driven in a buggy to the main stage - he's got arthritis in his knees.

the orange things are called Smarties :wink:

you're obviously new to Interference :wink:

Guys, there are people who say and others not, but tell me: The stage will rotate through 360°?

Thank you!

Now that the screen is in its glory, any thoughts on how it will grow/expand, and what the lights on the lighting rig will be doing once while the screen is in its way. I just can't see the band buying all the lighting power to have it covered by the screen, any thoughts?

What's up with the smarties, do they do anything??

I :heart: this stage!

bizkitgto, don't forget the lighting towers that will be erected midfield

but on the note regarding the lighting tower centre stage, it comes across that they will be limited to the boundary of the main stage. who knows they may rig magnesium lights behind the screen

bizkitgto, don't forget the lighting towers that will be erected midfield

but on the note regarding the lighting tower centre stage, it comes across that they will be limited to the boundary of the main stage. who knows they may rig magnesium lights behind the screen

oooh... wouldn't it be cool if they had the screen in all red for streets, and as the buildup to the song grew, the screen kept expanding.. and expanding... until the flash of light burst from behind the screen panels?

Willie Williams must have so many cool ideas running through his head... I think he's going to wet his pants when he finally gets hold of the controls for this stage.

There are going to be some pretty amazing visuals during this tour... I don't care what people say about intimate shows in small venues. There's something about stadium shows that can make your hair stand on end.

Streets get played every 9th inning in Toronto for the Blue Jays baseball game....hair stands on the back of everyone's necks, people clap their hands.....its become a staple song

I see that this area

Sits behind the main stage

Any ideas about what goes down here?

Actually, in this area the crew has put together a scaled mock-up of the Stones' Bigger Bang Tour stage. As you can see, it looks quite puny and bland compared to the MASSIVE 360 set up. Just look how dinky their video screen was!! ;)

People, relax. I'm sure U2 and their crew and management have taken care of scheduling. There are 3 stages and there are enough gaps between shows to handle the construction and the deconstruction. I don't think they'd put out a tour plan and fix dates if they weren't sure this will work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom