The CLAW - Part. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we get more pics up??
Has everyone left Belgium?
Get more info and pics.

I think the last photos/vids were taken when the structure was being dismantled. I expect the next photos will be from Barcelona.

i found this image online while doing a search on current stage developments

6a00e5502b6df488340115709cb134970b-pi

I like how most of the artist's conceptions, to this point, have misrepresented how thick the supports really are.

The supports are, in reality, box trusses:

4706b.gif

Good luck seeing around those.

I like how most of the artist's conceptions, to this point, have misrepresented how thick the supports really are.

The supports are, in reality, box trusses:

4706b.gif

Good luck seeing around those.

i believe the prevailing thought from those who actually have some sort of knowledge of this issue is that those box trusses are being used as lifts to hold parts of the stage in place as the construction occurs, and that they will be taken down when the actuall show occurs.

we won't really find out for sure who is right until the first show in barcelona

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper: its nearly here!!!!!!!!

my fucking god, i have really been excited about the tour today, and now i see the stage being built in Barcelona, wow:drool:

it wont be long until we actually see the video screen also,

Getting a bit of a head start? Thought the build wouldn't start till the 15th. Guess Willie wants it built so they can do all the lighting stuff. The stadium has no other events this month??? I don't wanna know how much the venue is charging them

SMB

I am really curious what this is going to look like with the four towers down and just the claw left standing (I have not seen any images of that and I am not sure anyone else has.)

I am also curious how much of that mess on the floor will actually be disassembeled for the GA also.

I still think they should hand out 360 Hardhats to everyone in GA on their way in...

judging by the space between those four steel supports they've placed on the turf it doesn't look like the top of the Claw will rise much higher than the top of the blue seat section.

also...that stadium is friggin hugeee :ohmy:

i believe the prevailing thought from those who actually have some sort of knowledge of this issue is that those box trusses are being used as lifts to hold parts of the stage in place as the construction occurs, and that they will be taken down when the actuall show occurs.

Yes, that's what I heard/read as well. I'm pretty sure they will be taken down.

:hyper: So it's starting!

Cool that someone could get inside the stadium now & take pictures like that. U2eastlink is usually pretty gud for info, looking forward to the regular updates!

judging by the space between those four steel supports they've placed on the turf it doesn't look like the top of the Claw will rise much higher than the top of the blue seat section.

also...that stadium is friggin hugeee :ohmy:

No, it will be higher than that...

mark my words.

Ive just been lukn at the plan of the stage in the nou camp and i tink it will...if not nearly...be as tall as the stadium. The base of the legs take up half a soccer pitch....2 legs at the corner flags and two a at the halfway mark of the pitch where the sheet on the field is...dis tings HUGE!!!!!:drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom