The Band Recieving Humanitarian Honor In Portugal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thank you all!! :yes:
not so different from here actually, except in Italy we don't have the "crow" bit... here they're called "hen's feet" :D

sraphim said:
thank you all!! :yes:
not so different from here actually, except in Italy we don't have the "crow" bit... here they're called "hen's feet" :D

Where in Italy are you from?? I love that country :heart:

Rome, Lake Como, Venice :drool:

one4u2 said:

makepovertyhistory055.jpg

oh my god, Bono looks like my DAD in that picture! Something about his hair, the earing, the way he's standing, his shirt TUCKED IN for once...not that my dad is bad, but it's he's my DAD....*is scarred for life* :crack:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

oh my god, Bono looks like my DAD in that picture! Something about his hair, the earing, the way he's standing, his shirt TUCKED IN for once...not that my dad is bad, but it's he's my DAD....*is scarred for life* :crack:

Runs over to your house :drool: :hyper:

one4u2 said:

Where in Italy are you from?? I love that country :heart:

Rome, Lake Como, Venice :drool:

well, I'm from a small sea-town near SanRemo, so that would be in the North-West of Italy :)
very close to Eze as well, just a 30minutes ride by train :D

I love my country, too.... I woulnd't want to live anywhere else :love: :hug:

I've never been in Venice or Como, but I've been in Rome to see U2 last month... and I just totally fell in LOVE with that city :love:
I walked down the road of Fori Imperiali all the way to the Colosseum, BY NIGHT... it was truly magical... I can't wait to come back there again! :hyper:

visit Rome *poke with stick* visit Rome *poke poke*

:wink:

sraphim said:

I've never been in Venice or Como, but I've been in Rome to see U2 last month... and I just totally fell in LOVE with that city :love:
I walked down the road of Fori Imperiali all the way to the Colosseum, BY NIGHT... it was truly magical... I can't wait to come back there again! :hyper:

You MUST goto Venice AND Como!!!! Como is the most incredible place I've ever seen it borders the swiss alps it's beautiful!!:drool:

And yes, I fell in love with Rome! Awesome city!

one4u2 said:

Runs over to your house :drool: :hyper:

bwahaha! My first reaction to that pic was "omg, that's DAD wearing BONO'S shades!" and then I didn't know whether to laugh or barf. Weird for me, fun for you guys! His hair is like Bono's in color and cut, except maybe a bit shorter and being a few years older, he has slightly less, but does have a scruffy face too. And my dad wears an earring (the only one in our family with any piercing, lol), but it's a silver stud, not a ring.

Ah, well, it's just in that ONE picture, thank heavens! And Bono's in MUCH better shape than my dad.

I am indeed going to Venice in a month or so, a friend of mine goes to University there so she's living in Venice right now... she invited me, and I gladly accepted :wink:

about Como... did you know George Clooney owns a house there? I would like to go there as well :yes: ....not just because of George, of course :sexywink:

cities you should also visit are Milan (SanSiroooooo :drool: ) and Florence ( :love: ).... and Portofino, which is near my hometown :D

I'm going to bed now, it's 3.45 in the morning here :wave:

sraphim said:
I am indeed going to Venice in a month or so, a friend of mine goes to University there so she's living in Venice right now... she invited me, and I gladly accepted :wink:

about Como... did you know George Clooney owns a house there? I would like to go there as well :yes: ....not just because of George, of course :sexywink:

cities you should also visit are Milan (SanSiroooooo :drool: ) and Florence ( :love: ).... and Portofino, which is near my hometown :D

I'm going to bed now, it's 3.45 in the morning here :wave:

That's funny I was just going to say your up way late :crazy: You're 6 hours ahead of me!

And yes I saw Georges house :wink:

I was in Florence :drool: Capri is definately another fave of mine! That's right by you I believe!

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

There are a couple recent pictures of Larry that look like my dad :yikes: and my dad is, like Larry, rather ageless :wink: but he looks more like Kevin Bacon than anyone.

My uncle looks sort of like Bono though... :huh: man I am messed up :lol: but uh, great pictures? :up:

They're bandages that help the poor man's tendonitis. :(
I found out the other day he has an icepack strapped to his arm before gigs and afterwards has electrodes stuck to it.
The things he does to make us happy...... :hug: for Larry.

sraphim said:

well, I'm from a small sea-town near SanRemo, so that would be in the North-West of Italy :)
very close to Eze as well, just a 30minutes ride by train :D

I love my country, too.... I woulnd't want to live anywhere else :love: :hug:

Wow! I have about a million relatives who live in your part of Italy!
:sigh: I've never met them though.

one4u2 said:
Once again I present....

The Shirt..

Nancy-Aossey-and-Bono.jpg

YIKES. Bono looks like Michael Myers in that picture!

Scary eyebrows!

Did you know that that mask was based on William Shatner's face? Even scarier.

Bono is my hero.

AtomicBono said:

There are a couple recent pictures of Larry that look like my dad :yikes: and my dad is, like Larry, rather ageless :wink: but he looks more like Kevin Bacon than anyone.

My uncle looks sort of like Bono though... :huh: man I am messed up :lol: but uh, great pictures? :up:

Your family sounds very interesting, verrry interesting indeed :shifty:
Great pictures! I'm so proud of them
Larry's arm is depressing :( STUPID TENDONITIS :mad:

Last edited:
eheh I WISH Capri were near my city... but no, it is in the South and I live in the North.... never been in Naples :)

poor Larry... :sad: I remember in Milan - 2nd date - his arm seemed to bother him very much... he looked in pain, he was very tense and lost his drumstick during I Will Follow... actually, because of that I couldn'd enjoy the first half of the show. it was excruciating to say the least... :(
then after the first break he seemed to be fine again, and I felt better too :hug:
I think this leg took a lot out of him (is it me, or is he a lot thinner now that just 2 months ago? :huh: )...
as I said before, I'm so glad the tour is over... I hope he will rest a lot, in Eze perhaps... so that I will have a chance to meet him there :) I'll bring him all the love from PLEBA :hug:

I like that Bono has worn the same shirt a few times, its good to see he's more human than some celebrities who would never be seen in even the same socks twice or anything.:rolleyes:
Also he looks hawt in it so I definitely won't be complaining :wink:

thank you, (paintedroses) - :wink:

Personally, I like Bono's sweating.

But then, I like him just the way he is. Period.

I hopes he never changes to please anyone. :up:

Back
Top Bottom