The All New Incredible Bono Shades Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nyehh. Finally I won the brown milkis... :) Not that cheap but at least I got it. In a few weeks I will also resell it for 2k bucks :p

Congrats L. Hey if you don't like 'em then go for it :lol: (The 3214 are very, very wide-beautiful shades though).

I finally got my Selima Optique Pamela. They are awesome!

Quick question, folks, I recently purchased a pair of 9285s, but I'm worried about adjusting the nose pads myself as the glasses seem fairly fragile. (I'm Asian so the concept of a nose bridge is almost foreign)

Any suggestions?

Quick question, folks, I recently purchased a pair of 9285s, but I'm worried about adjusting the nose pads myself as the glasses seem fairly fragile. (I'm Asian so the concept of a nose bridge is almost foreign)

Any suggestions?

Go to your local optician, they can usually adjust them for you.

adams shades.

The last thread being closed, let's continue on this one :)
please,please can anyone help me get some of adams cool white shades,iam in top tribute to the greatist band in the world and we called the original achtung baby,i play the part of adam,we try our damdest to sound like them,& we try to look like them,so would really be grateful for any help,as in wat make are they,were u can buy them,hope someone can help,all the best keano,:D

please,please can anyone help me get some of adams cool white shades,iam in top tribute to the greatist band in the world and we called the original achtung baby,i play the part of adam,we try our damdest to sound like them,& we try to look like them,so would really be grateful for any help,as in wat make are they,were u can buy them,hope someone can help,all the best keano,:D

nonono, the greatest, the biggest and best band is ours, and Bono knows that too :p Just kiddin...
I only know that the white shades are Christian Dior. Dunno the exact mod. number.

sunasses

nonono, the greatest, the biggest and best band is ours, and Bono knows that too :p Just kiddin...
I only know that the white shades are Christian Dior. Dunno the exact mod. number.
any idea where i can get a pair from or an address to write to
cheers

A pair of 519's are up on eBay

Blue 519 with black arms......Same ones I have too. Are they really worth $420?

so ok does anyone know where to get Milkis?

or did anything release of the 9285 light blues or oranges he wore on the last leg of the vertigo tour??

sorry i have been so out of the loop!

Anyone interested in a pair of blue Romeo Gigli 226's? First shot to you guys or I'll be listing them on ebay.

lol the japanese guy who had blue miklis on ebay is now selling blue 519 $400...!!! And not the blue with black arms, but the all blue ones :huh:

lol the japanese guy who had blue miklis on ebay is now selling blue 519 $400...!!! And not the blue with black arms, but the all blue ones :huh:

And calls them the rarest of the rare 519's and the last chance to get them...AND is charging $20 for shipping.

Please.

That's got to be the worst part of his whole auction LOL :applaud:

Still, a pair of pink 611 were on sale a few days ago, does anyone know if the winner's one of us ?

Don't know about that, but worse is, a pair of amber 610's went for just $14! and I waited too long and missed out. Argh!

Newbie Questions

Hello all....

I came across this Forum while looking for some information on Bono's sunglasses. Turns out I found what I was looking for (D&G 2138 model)...and wayyyyy more than I expected. So much so, everyone's contributions were VERY helpful but a little confusing too.

Has anyone compiled a "checklist" for collectors....

designer & model (with a photo example)
colors available
when/where Bono wore them
pricing for new/used

So far...I have a pair of tour-purchased "Fly" glasses and a pair of Black Fly #5's. I'd like to buy a few more different styles....but I have no idea where to start.....

I do have two questions about the Armani (red) sunglasses.

1) eBay seems to be FULL of them...are they all knockoffs?
2) what is the difference between the 9285 and the 9294?

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

THANK YOU all for taking a second to read my post, and thanks for your patience of a "newbie". :)

Tony

I think I have Badger's older list somewhere, I'll see if I can dig it up. It has no pictures tho, I guess I could add those myself. :hmm:
If someone else could list me the recent shades(armanis and onward) I can add the rest.

The list I have:
Short BSDB (Bono Shades Data Base) for Shadecholics!

Pink Bvlgari's?
bonocutelive8whenstarsgss4.jpg

Bvlgari 519 102/7C - It's the recent blue wraparound
bonoandoprah27november2rw9.jpg

Bvlgari 519 102 - The transparent one
bonoawcoldmontrealavauh8.jpg

Bvlgari 519 101 - Not sure about the color number, but this is the one with dark brown lenses, and was used forexample in ES video

The only ES caps I have are in black and white.

Bvlgari 611 102 - Blue, used during the Elevation Tour 1st and 2nd leg
bonocooljacketavaor4.jpg

Bvlgari 611 128 - Dark green, used in Elevation video
I *think* These are the ones
evilbonozq1.jpg

Selima Optique(?) I seem to remember this one, but I'm not sure about the model. Used in the london version of Walk on, and various live appearances around 2001. I think these are them, not sure.
bonoarmycapcuteavacl7.jpg

Romeo Gigli 191S 545 - Green, used in Walk On video, Clarence TOTP
Romeo Gigli 191S 286 - Blue, used at Grammy 2001
Romeo Gigli 191S 564 - Red, used at EMA 2000
Cap from Clarence TOTP:
bonocloseuphy7.jpg

Can't find other two.

Romeo Gigli 226S 2M4 - Green lenses, used during the Elevation Tour 3rd leg
Romeo Gigli 226S 2M1 - Blue lenses, used at World Economic Conf.
Romeo Gigli 226S 2M2 - Red lenses, used at VMA 2001
Romeo Gigli 226S 2M3 - Smoke lenses, used nowhere public, Bono wore during the making of ES video
Elevation tour pic:
20012020u220elevation20ox1.jpg

Can't find other two colours.

Ext��yewear EX07S 570 - not sure about that, but similar to the one which is on Elevation single cover

Diesel HEADSETNS - With custom orange lenses, wore at VH1 Beautiful Day video premiere

Black Flys No.5 - Black, used in Beautiful Day video
bonoscreenbeautifulday2pb0.jpg

Marcolin - Black rim, blue lenses, custommade with the dragon pearl inlay, wore at EMA 1999

Alain Mikli's 3214 - Used during PopMart Tour in different colours (yellow, orange, smoke, red)
bonobeardredprettyph0.jpg

I wanted to add, that sometimes Bono used custom coloured shades from the list above. For example RG 226S with light smoke lenses, Bvlgari 611 with lilac lenses, and Black Flys No.5 with transparent rim.

Those marcolin ones, I have no clue what they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom