The 40...errr...27 year old virgin.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i agree with what martha's saying here. it's gotta be that the women are shallow, or the timing, something. i can only speak for myself, but i wouldn't bail on a guy if he told me he was a virgin. hell, i'd be flattered if a guy wanted to lose his virginity with me, as should any girl put in this situation. :wink:

Hey guys, seems to me we can start a club here:) I just wanted to remind you that "Innocence is stronger than experience" as Bono says, even though he wasnt thinking of sexual experience, i am sure. Maybe i am pathetic, but i am so GLAD i am not the only one!Because, i just cant do it without great deal of trust and emotional connection. I have real sex - opportunity right now, but i dont love this guy and i cant do it!Even though he cant understand what am i waiting for(i am 32). Call me crazy, but sometimes i wonder will i wait forever?I just know for sure that sex without love would bring me more damage than staying a virgin.

I think its very respectable Hallucination:up:

There is way too much sexual pressure today in my opnion. When the time and person is right you will know it:yes:

There is no such thing as a virgin by choice. If you are a virgin, it's because you are downright ugly and nobody would date you, let alone have sex with you. If you are good-looking and still a virgin, something is wrong. :huh:

Windmilllane said:
There is no such thing as a virgin by choice. If you are a virgin, it's because you are downright ugly and nobody would date you, let alone have sex with you. If you are good-looking and still a virgin, something is wrong. :huh:

Yeah you're right. I'm 100% flaming homosexual and I just can't get up the nerve to come out of the closet. Thank you for helping me see the light. I can now prepare to ride the hershey highway with confidence. Better to be gay than ugly I suppose since if I was ugly it wouldn't matter whether or not I was gay cause nobody would ever date me let alone have sex with me. And to think that all this time I thought it was a personal choice when in fact I was just concentrating on the wrong gender. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hallucination said:

Yeah you're right. I'm 100% flaming homosexual and I just can't get up the nerve to come out of the closet. Thank you for helping me see the light. I can now prepare to ride the hersey highway with confidence. Better to be gay than ugly I suppose since if I was ugly it wouldn't matter whether or not I was gay cause nobody would ever date me let alone have sex with me. And to think that all this time I thought it was a personal choice when in fact I was just concentrating on the wrong gender. :rolleyes:

Hershey...

:drool:

:wink:

:cute: windmill is in denial. windmill probably cant even get it up, so he understands the 'not virgin by choice' thing better than anyone! i say we all give him a hug. usually i dont touch people with faces like his, but this is the internet so we should be safe.

:hug:

Angela Harlem said:
:cute: windmill is in denial. windmill probably cant even get it up, so he understands the 'not virgin by choice' thing better than anyone! i say we all give him a hug. usually i dont touch people with faces like his, but this is the internet so we should be safe.

:hug:

Viagara

:up:

Make sure to use internet protection when giving me a hug. I prefer scented lubrication.

:wink:

:lol: i did a test on some KY site the other day. it says im adventurous. which im not. im scared of heights. and spiders. and being buried alive. oh, and smooth peanut butter.

:(

For Honor said:
^ why not?

:wink: just kidding, your business is your business, so if you don't want to share, that's not a problem

=============

I respect virgins. They are less deluded with seeking mere physical pleasure (though it can manifest into mental fixations, emotional .... well,nevermind).

I mean, I'm not going to say that I definitely will not get involved in some sort of sexual situation at college, but I'm certainly not going to go to booze parties and see who I can pick up for the night. That's just not me.

And besides, I think the best sex IS with someone you care deeply for, etc ,etc......

But everyone has their own opinions about this sort of subject, heh he heh.......

You know you speak very wisely for your age :). That's meant to be a compliment! lol. By the way I really hold a lot of respect for those who are admitting they are virgins. It really takes a lot to admit something as personal as that to "strangers". Something as intimate as making love should be shared with someone you love.

Last edited:
In the Simpsons, remember when Principal Skinner confessed to a throng of people that he was still a virgin. There was utter stunned silence from the crowd. The silence was broken by Nelson the Bully's trademark laugh, "HA, HA."

:lmao: :lmao:

Windmilllane said:
In the Simpsons, remember when Principal Skinner confessed to a throng of people that he was still a virgin. There was utter stunned silence from the crowd. The silence was broken by Nelson the Bully's trademark laugh, "HA, HA."

:lmao: :lmao:

I remember that episode! It was classic! :lmao:

Windmilllane said:

Yeah, (that person) has got a lot of PRIDE.......

:rockon:

Windmilllane said:

Care to have a look at my profile and let me know what's wrong with me?

:rolleyes:

BonosBaby12 said:

You know you speak very wisely for your age :). That's meant to be a compliment! lol. By the way I really hold a lot of respect for those who are admitting they are virgins. It really takes a lot to admit something as personal as that to "strangers". Something as intimate as making love should be shared with someone you love.

Honestly.....

I don't know about being wise. Most of my words aren't my own. But I do try to understand things.

I think, more so, for me, I just know what I like, and what I want :shrug:

As far as being a virign goes... I'm a little torn, personally. I mean, there are a lot of ... oppertunities for any one person, regardless of whether they see them or not. I have whitnessed the power of sex and sexual relations, and as much as I know I will enjoy them, I'm very cautious.

"The hands that build can also pull down"

However... I know that I am the kind of person who ultimately wants and will need something more than that. Be it my own pride, or my own desire to want "the best", or my own philosophy on what the better things in life are, (and considering my raw personality make up, too), they all play a factor.

Everyone needs to find what works for them, basically. And if it's not working, then it's time to try something else :shrug:
It's easy to say, but, perhaps, hard to do.

Windmilllane said:

this says more about you than those you are accusing
:rolleyes:

I really don't think it's appropriate to comment on someone's virginity when they are talking about something so personal on here

I don't think that's allowed in this forum, if someone can't self censor

Windmilllane said:

No offense, but you're more wrong than you can imagine.

Windmilllane said:

Good grief, when are you going to stop feeling sorry for yourself?

:|:madwife:

Last edited:
Yes, i agree. I just spoke with this stupid guy over the net, and he told me:There must be something wrong with you because you are still a virgin. I said,Excuse me????Then, what an idiot, he accused me of pretending to be male!Some peple just cant understand that some of us are a bit different and that we are following our dreams, not just instincts. Well.

girlhappy said:
Yes, i agree. I just spoke with this stupid guy over the net, and he told me:There must be something wrong with you because you are still a virgin. I said,Excuse me????Then, what an idiot, he accused me of pretending to be male!Some peple just cant understand that some of us are a bit different and that we are following our dreams, not just instincts. Well.

man, what a buttlick:madspit:

You know just because someone is still a virgin doesn't mean they are a freak or ugly! What the hell is wrong with having values and knowing what it is that you really want? Sure there are some who wish they could go back and be a virgin again. It's not a piece of candy that you just give away to someone!

Im sorry about what happene dto you GirlHappy. That was pretty messed up for that guy to say that to you.

And just because someone is a virgin doesn't mean that they don't like sex, or are without a sex drive.

:macdevil: I can say this with certainty.

BonosBaby12 said:
You know just because someone is still a virgin doesn't mean they are a freak or ugly! What the hell is wrong with having values and knowing what it is that you really want? Sure there are some who wish they could go back and be a virgin again. It's not a piece of candy that you just give away to someone!

Im sorry about what happene dto you GirlHappy. That was pretty messed up for that guy to say that to you.

What if it has nothing to do with values though? I mean what if you don't really know yourself? That's the hard part for me. I don't really know why. Alot of the times I wish I could go back and not be a virgin. I'll be honest I have dated girls before who I would have gladly furthered the relationship with but for various reasons it never got to that point. Then again there are lots of times I'm proud of it too. It does show self respect and respect towards women as well I think but I wish I could pin point my reasoning for still being virgin at 27.:shrug: I think that;s what makes me nervous or even slightly insecure about people knowing. If I had a strong reasoning for it it'd be easier for me and I honestly think easier for the women I date to understand and respect.

On a side note I love this thread. I'm glad I made it. yeah that's me tooting my own horn.:laugh:

Hallucination said:

What if it has nothing to do with values though? I mean what if you don't really know yourself? That's the hard part for me. I don't really know why. Alot of the times I wish I could go back and not be a virgin. I'll be honest I have dated girls before who I would have gladly furthered the relationship with but for various reasons it never got to that point. Then again there are lots of times I'm proud of it too. It does show self respect and respect towards women as well I think but I wish I could pin point my reasoning for still being virgin at 27.:shrug: I think that;s what makes me nervous or even slightly insecure about people knowing. If I had a strong reasoning for it it'd be easier for me and I honestly think easier for the women I date to understand and respect.

On a side note I love this thread. I'm glad I made it. yeah that's me tooting my own horn.:laugh:

I think you just need to accept yourself on this one, Hallucination.

Don't let other people, who make a big deal about it, influence yourself. Don't put yourself down - you've made the decision to stay a virgin, so be proud of it. If you really wanted to have sex, it's not that hard to get. I mean, if you were really bad off, you could pay a hooker or something :shrug: Which you could still do, but.... I'd much rather advocate sharing it with someone you like, or feel close to, or whatever you really want, honestly.

I genuninely understand your uneasyness about the subject. But... aside from my own personal views.... (have I told this story before? ohwell, I'll sayit again)

My (great?) uncle, Uncle ..... um....... :reject: wow, I forgot his name :reject: .... well, anyways, the pointis, he was, and still is to some extent, the ultimate ladies man. He has a verydominant, aggressiver personality, and I've only met him 3 or 4 times in my life. Needless to say, he's had a lot of dealings with women andsex and different sorts of relationships.

His advice to me about the subject was: Don't worry about girls.
This might seem odd, coming from a guy who's spent the majority ofhisl life chasing down, and getting, women, but he explained it alittle further: there will always be women, and time for women later on in life. Focus on your school, and on other things that are more important, as opposed to just looking for sex.

Coming from someone like him, that meant a lot. And although I never really considered it, I guess that is what I'm doing now.

ANyway.... moral of the story is: don't worry about being a virgin.

Hallucination there's nothing wrong with not knowing who you really are. There's times where I question myself find it completely normal. Perhaps you are maybe thinking too much about your virgin situation? Im in a relationship with a wonderful guy and we love each other death. However,out of all of our years together he's just not interested in having sex. Used to drive me crazy with his way of thinking but I have come to respect it a lot. That's just who he is and his decision really isn't based on values. He's felt this way with other girls he's been involved with too. There is always sooooo much more than sex in a relationship. And honestly you appear to be a pretty nice guy. So when YOU come to understand who you are and why you think the way you do. Than I believe it will all just fall into place for you with losing your virginity. Believe there will be quite a few females who will understand why you aren't ready to take that step yet.

Find a girl who smokes!

Remember, if she smokes, she pokes

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom