The 27 Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll buy you a drink in Dublin! I have a VCR! I'd love to take a look at it and pass it on. :D:hug:

I'll pm you after I watch it and you can give me your address then and I'll mail it to you and then you can send it to someone else after you watched it.

At least here in the US midwest, it is available on the On Demand channel (not IFC), $5.99.

Just watched it and I really liked it. I really enjoy Joe Anderson who was also in Across the Universe. Very much recommend it.

:applaud: I just saw it! There it was listed at the top of the latest films on demand! I was going to see Forgetting Sarah Marshall again but instead watched 27 Club!!

Laura, I'm sending you a PM.

I give the films 3 and a half stars. It was depressing and dark, slow in parts and I wasn't aware Eve's character Stella was actually going to say she was from Ireland. It was weird listening to her and to Joe Anderson as it seemed both their accents kind of wavered. There were some emotional parts so I'd recommend having a kleenex handy. It was fun seeing Stella with her red ipod and the Edun and One in the background in another scene. I'm glad I saw it. Twice. :D

Is it a good movie?

I'll allow each of you to form your own opinions. I thought it a sad, dark depressing film. It wasn't until I was watching it for the 2nd time that I realized I did like it in an odd sort of way. The music, the cinematography which is a bit different, and the characters all came together better the 2nd viewing. It's not what I expected, it was better than what I expected. I don't think the caliber of the film is big picture quality, rather a small Film Festival type film. It's only 90mins in length.

Is it a good movie?

I did think it was good. But I understand why it's not released in theaters - it's just not that kind of movie. It is dark and sad mostly, but interesting and I found it fairly gripping. But it is a small, artsy movie - definitely not blockbuster type of thing.

Since it's just hit the airwaves keep checking the internet to see if someone offers it out there. If I see anything I'll let you all know in this thread. I don't know if it will be offered on DVD

:applaud: I just saw it! There it was listed at the top of the latest films on demand! I was going to see Forgetting Sarah Marshall again but instead watched 27 Club!!

Laura, I'm sending you a PM.

I give the films 3 and a half stars. It was depressing and dark, slow in parts and I wasn't aware Eve's character Stella was actually going to say she was from Ireland. It was weird listening to her and to Joe Anderson as it seemed both their accents kind of wavered. There were some emotional parts so I'd recommend having a kleenex handy. It was fun seeing Stella with her red ipod and the Edun and One in the background in another scene. I'm glad I saw it. Twice. :D

I missed it! :( Will keep an eye out for it though :)

I just got this email and thought I would share the goodness:

Dear Fan of The 27 Club

Thank you for your support and interest in our film "The 27 Club"

The film has been doing extremely well on the festival circuit winning many awards including:

Best Film/ Best Director/ Best Script at Milan Film Festival, Italy
Best Director at Savannah Film Festival
Best Picture at Ojai Film Festival
Best Feature, Best Actor (for Joe Anderson) and Star on Horizon (Alexie Gilmore) at Fort Lauderdale Film Festival
Grand Jury Award at Honolulu Film Festival

We are pleased to announce that IFC will be distributing the film in the USA.
The film will be available on demand from May 13th 2009 (i.e Comcast etc)
Through the IFC channel Festival Direct/ IFC Theatre Direct
More information can be found on this link below:

IFC Entertainment - Film Detail > The 27 Club

BrightHouse: Movies On Demand - IFC In Theaters

Cablevision: Movies On Demand - IFC In Theaters - Festival Direct

Comcast: Channel 1 - Movies & Events - IFC Festival Direct

Cox: Channel 1 - Movies On Demand - IFC In Theaters

Time Warner: Movies On Demand - IFC In Theaters

After this release IFC will be distributing the film in the USA on DVD (we expect this summer.)

With regards to an International release, we are currently working with an International Sales Rep to
secure dates. We will forward you any information we have as soon as we know more.

Thank you again for all your kinds words, support and interest.
It means a lot to us and we will stay in touch!
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

From "The 27 Club" team.

The 27 Club Movie
www.erica-dunton.com
www.findlovemovie.com

The 27 Club | Facebook

MySpace.com - The 27 Club - 28 - Male - NEW YORK, New York - www.myspace.com/the27clubmovie

You are welcome. When I was getting so many dvd bootlegs many of which were not US region dvds I invested in a portable all region dvd player that I plug into my TV so I can watch any region dvd at any time. Only cost me about $80 but very well worth it!

^you could get a dvd when it's released stateside if you have access to a dvd player that plays all region dvds. Just a thought.

Yeah I was thinking the same but, I don't have one that does that, and the conversion rate would kill me.
I'm sure some one will post it on youtube or something, and then if they do release it internationally *fingers crossed* I will by it

I got the tape from Lies yesterday. I only watched about a half hour of it so far. I will finish it tonight and then watch it again tomorrow or Monday. If anyone wants the tape next please pm me your address, so I can mail it to you. There is only one copy, so whoever sends me there address first I will mail it to them.

I finished it last night. I didn't quite understand it at first. The flashback scenes were confusing me a little bit until I figured out that they were flashbacks. I thought it was a sad movie, a little suspenseful in the one scene where Stella was knocking on Elliott's hotel room because she thought he was dead. I liked the ending too. I'm going to try and watch it again today

Back
Top Bottom