The 2014 AFL Thread with Wankard and Big Mummy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Miserable win against the George Dubya Esses. A lethargic performance with a lot of players in undefined roles. It's 5 on the trot which is nice, but only the win against Port Power feels like any sort of accomplishment. Rance was exemplary and Ellis had a solid game. Conca deservedly reported, clearly having a bad fur day.

King, now retired, actually sat with the cheer squad during the third term and downed a couple of beers. A pretty fun farewell gesture.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

What did Conca do? Haven't seen highlights yet.

North vs Geelong pretty good so far, scoreline not a fair reflection of the game's pace or intensity. Can't agree with BT & Co.'s near-orgasmic praise for North - they've been the better team, but not by too far. And I can't believe Motlop's goal at the end of the quarter was over-ruled. It might have grazed the post, but the footage was by no means definitive. Terrible call. Much more conclusive evidence has failed to change decisions.

Holy shit, did you guys see Lindsay Thomas land on his head in a crazy marking contest? I have no idea how the hell he got up from that unscathed.

And what do we think about Majak Daw being allowed to play? I'm really conflicted. On the one hand, the AFL needs to come down hard on sexual violence. On the other hand, our legal system is based on the presumption of innocence, and if he's not guilty of the accusations then it would be grossly unfair to have denied him some of his career - especially in a career with the age and fitness limitations of professional sport.

He elbowed some GWS bloke in the back of the head as he was running off the field after they had a tussle. Knocked him to the ground. Dickhead.

If Vlad were a North fan, he'd have melted down over tonight's umpiring.

He elbowed some GWS bloke in the back of the head as he was running off the field after they had a tussle. Knocked him to the ground. Dickhead.

Wow, what cuntish behaviour.

Just saw a replay. That was beyond scummy. Can't believe BT and Richo tried to talk down its seriousness too. Going after somebody from behind - especially going after their head - is always deplorable.

Conca is a fool - would have been handy next week as well.

"And a onesie, to top off the cold weather, for that supporter tonight"

"Brother vs brother, player vs player, supporter vs supporter"

Taylor just talks nonsense, shithouse commentator

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

BT, when Attlee went down late in the second: He will take no further part in tonight's play.

Darcy, thirty seconds later: Attlee is up and about and will stay on the park.

GOOD WORK THERE DOCTOR BT.

Oh my god, BT was just talking about a parrot he used to own that he trained to talk, and Richo asked if it could say "wowee". :lol:

And I see Gold Coast not only won for the first time without Gaz, but did so by quite an impressive margin! Saints crash back to earth after upsetting Freo. That result knocks Adelaide back out of the eight - though the Suns themselves could fail to be in the eight at the end of the round if Collingwood beat Port.

Milestone game for the Dees. When's the last time they've played a game when a coach has re-signed rather than resign or be sacked during the week?

Milestone game for the Dees. When's the last time they've played a game when a coach has re-signed rather than resign or be sacked during the week?

:lol:

But I'm glad to see the Lions prevailed in the end.

The Sunday arvo commentary team are calling McEvoy "Big Boy" even more than BT does.

Got to feel for the Doggies here. They actually probably played better than Hawthorn in the second quarter, but simply couldn't convert. Can't see them bouncing back now - but they've some serious young talent and will probably be a decent threat in a couple of seasons.

Yep I tipped the Lions too, so I'm glad that paid off. I'm hoping Port win today just for Essendon's sake - keep Collingwood out of the eight!

Great call from Russell Jackson's live blog of the game on the Guardian:

32,804 have turned up for this chilly Sunday twilight fixture, by the way, another poor crowd figure that will probably have Eddie McGuire foaming at the mouth. Apparently it was “bring a friend for free” day too, so I guess that conclusively proves that there is no social poison greater than a Collingwood membership card.

Meanwhile, looks like it's a bit late for Port to snare this one...

I'd just like to thank Collingwood for winning by so little that Essendon remain seventh.

I do love how tight the ladder is at the moment, though, even if I'm a little nervous about my team's prospects. It's great for the game to have it this even.

It's great when it's your team are on the right side and still have a good chance of making it. :(

Eh, I'd still almost prefer to miss the eight these days, since nobody has won it from outside the top 4 since the 90's.

Just did the ladder predictor on the AFL website.

Swans
Cats
Hawks
Freo
Port
North
Essendon
Collingwood - north beat crows / Adelaide - crows beat north.

This will likely all be thrown out the window after next weeks results if the upset trend continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom