The 2014 AFL Thread with Wankard and Big Mummy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Casboult MOTY contender? Big pack mark, managed to take a clean grab whilst having the force of a Hawthorn player catapulting into his body.

I just saw a Blues fan flip off the umps over that free kick. Honestly, I'm baffled too. That was just awesome defense.

Pretty impressed that we're still within 18, but it won't last.

I know it seems insignificant, but Armfield's embarrassing 20m shank might have cost us this match. Everything was clicking and we were set to go up by 13. Next thing you know, our 8 point lead disappears and now we've faced a 13 point swing. I don't know that we'll come back from this now that we've lost all momentum. When your team blows, you need every point you can get.

Last edited:
We've got to be one of the worst 4th quarter teams in the league.

I mean, we're one of the worst in general, but especially when the game is on the line.

Last edited:
Sigh. I'd take keeping it close with Geelong and Hawthorn as a sign of improvement, but there are no moral victories at this point in the season. Once we're mathematically eliminated, I can relax. Right now I just want to throw my keyboard across the room, so I guess I should go to bed. Keyboards are relatively cheap, but I just don't want to go to the store, you know?

Last edited:
We were at a gig last night and following the game on my phone. Checked it at half time, all looked in order, then after the second support played I had another look and was stunned to see the Blues in front. I'm relieved Hawthorn closed it out in the end, but that's another scare to follow the GWS game. Losing practically half their team plus their coach to injury seems to finally be catching up on even a team with as much skill and depth as the Hawks. Collingwood should really fancy themselves for a win next week...

North/☭elaide game

:lol: This is awesome.

I'm disappointed that the game on telly today in Melbourne is Richmond vs Freo rather than Port vs Sydney, but at the start of this season you would've easily thought a grand finalist versus fifth place would be much more competitive than anything involving Port. How quickly times have changed.

I'm looking forward to tonight if only because BT is commentating and he rarely commentates our games.

McVeigh just spoiled Carlile in the forward pocket, picked a bad angle, kicked along the ground which went through a Port player's legs and through the goals. Holy shit. :lol:

Got way too tight in the end, Sydney should never have let it come down to the last 20 seconds. Buddy won them the match and premiership favouritism.

Killer last quarter. Well done Sydney.

I just knew that Kane Mitchell would be a liability for Port. No man with that haircut can be good news. He's the closest thing the AFL has to Shaun Vox.

I was thinking more Daniel Day-Lewis circa In the Name of the Father and the Last of the Mohicans.

I'm looking forward to tonight if only because BT is commentating and he rarely commentates our games.

I look forward to him bestowing stupid nicknames on your players.

I just knew that Kane Mitchell would be a liability for Port. No man with that haircut can be good news. He's the closest thing the AFL has to Shaun Vox.

Oh my god this is perfect. :lmao:

Holy shit! I looked at my phone and it was 95-59, then suddenly 97-98. I thought the North Melbourne game was later this evening!

Oh wow West Coast got out of jail there.

How are your nerves, Bonnie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom