The 2008 MLB Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just love unearned runs.

Can't get enough of 'em.

they are my favorite thing.

what do you guys think about unearned runs?

Yay or nay?

Yeah, it sure was nice of the old Devil Rays to show up in Boston this weekend.

the tourist said:

I'm waiting for the report that they're doing an MRI on him. 92 mph from a guy who normally throws 98 is NOT a healthy pitcher.
Maybe he had to get off the juice(ala Greg Gas Can Gagne) for fear of appearing on Mitchell report 2.

MrPryck2U said:
All good things must pass: 49 year old Julio Franco is finally hanging up his spikes.

Should read:

All good things must pass: 59 year old Julio Franco is finally hanging up his spikes.

U2ME3 said:

Should read:

All good things must pass: 59 year old Julio Franco is finally hanging up his spikes.

ESPN should look for his birth certificate and lure him in for an interview.

Last edited:
I truly admire ESPN's journalistic integrity.

Isn't it fucked up that every time a baseball player's performance falls off one of your first thoughts runs to "he's off steroids"? I hate that it happens, but, I'm guilty of it.

Here's what I'm looking forward to: Giambi no longer being a Yankee. Going back to last year, he's hitting below .200 for his last 3 months or so. His OBP is not exactly dazzling during that period either. He cannot run, he is not a good first baseman. He's fucking useless.

Hewson said:
Maybe he had to get off the juice(ala Greg Gas Can Gagne) for fear of appearing on Mitchell report 2.

Or maybe (more likely) he still feels like he's got an ice-pick twisting in his gut. You know, from the injury he just returned (too quickly) from?

No spoken words said:
He cannot run, he is not a good first baseman. He's fucking useless.

The same could be said for Ryan Howard. I was against him all of last year, and he's just proving my point to an even greater extent this year.

I said all of last year how much he hurt the Phillies order, and people said I was overreacting. He's really doing the exact same thing now, just with a few less home runs in blow outs.

I mean, the guy set the single season strikeout record while missing a whole month last year.

No spoken words said:

Here's what I'm looking forward to: Giambi no longer being a Yankee. Going back to last year, he's hitting below .200 for his last 3 months or so. His OBP is not exactly dazzling during that period either. He cannot run, he is not a good first baseman. He's fucking useless.
Maybe he had to get off the juice. :wink:

the tourist said:

...broken record?
...Broken sense of humor?

You did notice the :wink: .
Everyone knows Giambi was juicing, he admitted it, and it was a joke referring to the first part of NSW's post which said:
Originally posted by No spoken words

Isn't it fucked up that every time a baseball player's performance falls off one of your first thoughts runs to "he's off steroids"? I hate that it happens, but, I'm guilty of it.

Funny, everyone's talking about Giambi. For the money and the length of the deal that he received, he's easily the worst signing in Yankees' history. I like him as a person, but unfortunately, he turned out to be a huge bust. After his deal is done with the Yanks, he should just retire.

GirlsAloudFan said:

The Tigers might kinda blow, but they also had the misfortune of running into a fucking buzzsaw known as the 2008 Chicago White Sox.

I just want to make sure this quote from April 6 gets quoted for the whole season...and maybe into future seasons!

BUZZSAW, guys. Buzzsaw!

Central W L PCT GB
Minnesota 16 14 .533 -
Chicago 14 15 .483 1.5
Kansas City 14 16 .467 2.0
Cleveland 14 17 .452 2.5
Detroit 14 18 .438 3.0

buzz_saw_cam01.jpg50793541-36c8-4ac4-acb4-29c70dee1c2bLarge.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back