The 2007 NHL Playoffs thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
trevster2k said:
toast.jpg

Who am I?

Potential seeds of excellence that will be rising to the challenge! :wink:

ladywithspinninghead said:

I just saw a headline for the Ottawa Citizen which read "Oh Nelly! Is it time for Bob Cole to go?"

Nooooooo! As a fellow Newfoundlander, I'm biased, and I'll never show a lack of love for our beloved Mr. Cole. He is getting up there in age, however. He actually played hockey with my grandfather here in St. John's years ago...my long-deceased grandfather! I still think he's the very best, when the game he's calling is important, and the teams have something on the line. He's also very generous. One time, while my mother was attending a CBC conference in Toronto, Bob saw her name on the list of attendees. After he connected it with my grandfather, he had hockey tickets sent to her hotel room. Pretty classy.

That said, all good things come to an end, and I think HNIC is close to a sea change in playoff personnel. I'm guessing Kelly Hrudey will eventually replace Don Cherry, while Jim Hughson & company will eclipse Cole & Neale.

I still don't think Ottawa will win the cup. I will explain why after they lose.:wink:

RavenBlue said:
Alfredsson continues to impress.. that guy is fucking awesome! Keep it up Sens!

Alfredsson proved his selfishness last night. The puck was more than on its way in, he just felt the need to bang it across the line so he could get the goal instead of Heatley.

If that's not being a team player, I don't know what is! :happy:

Douchebag.

Last edited:
Fuck being a Leafs fan.

That's not being a team player to swipe a goal off someone else then go right up to him and expect congratulations.

ESPECIALLY from the team Captain.

I didn't like Alfie before, but I respected him. That move made me lose that respect. That's something you just don't do in the playoffs if you're the team role model.

DaveC said:

Alfredsson proved his selfishness last night. The puck was more than on its way in, he just felt the need to bang it across the line so he could get the goal instead of Heatley.

If that's not being a team player, I don't know what is! :happy:

Douchebag.

Um...I'm reminded of the expression "Better safe than sorry" at times like these.

Yes the puck was on it's way in but this is the playoffs where every goal takes on an added importance. Many things could have happened if Alfie had just left the puck alone: Miller could have made a last minute desperate swipe at the puck. Or, a Buffalo player could have saved it with his stick.

It just so happened that there wasn't a Buffalo player in the vicinity of Alfredsson but he may not have known that. I think he did the sure thing rather than being an "unselfish teammate" and letting someone else get the goal.

BonoManiac said:

Um...I'm reminded of the expression "Better safe than sorry" at times like these.

Yes the puck was on it's way in but this is the playoffs where every goal takes on an added importance. Many things could have happened if Alfie had just left the puck alone: Miller could have made a last minute desperate swipe at the puck. Or, a Buffalo player could have saved it with his stick.

It just so happened that there wasn't a Buffalo player in the vicinity of Alfredsson but he may not have known that. I think he did the sure thing rather than being an "unselfish teammate" and letting someone else get the goal.

Absolutely, I was going to say something similar - this isn't the time for niceties, it's the playoffs and you have to ensure you get that goal.

I'm kind of happy Ottawa lost - the other series may go on for a bit and we don't want Ottawa to have too much of a break in between series. That and it's such a great series that I dont' want it to end! I think Buffalo will win the next one but Ottawa will win back home. And since I've been 100% correct on my Ottawa predictions thus far, you can take that to the bank. :wink:

Last edited:
I don't like the Sens.

But I respect that they've gotten this far.

Doesn't mean I have to root for them.

Just keep giving it to Afinogenov.

BonoManiac said:
I really don't understand all the Sens haters out there.

I mean, it's not like it's the Leafs!:wink:
True, but I think they're the least-cool Canadian team after the Leafs :wink:

Well,well,well...............................3 holes in the ground.

:ohmy: The Sens are in the Finals.

I flew up from DC for the Sabres - Sens game today. Tough loss. I don't regret coming, though...I had a great time. We Buffalo fans are very used to disappointments.

I guess the Sens are proving you don't need an amazing goalie to make the Stanley Cup finals.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom