Thank God "Vertigo" wasn't connected to "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danospano

Refugee
Thank God "Vertigo" wasn't connected to "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow"

I just saw this movie and I'm not kidding when I say it's one of the worst films of all time. That's not an exaggeration. I heard there were rumours saying U2's "Vertigo" was to be a theme song to this movie, and thank goodness it's NOT.

I wonder if the band saw the movie and decided it sucked?

:madspit: That movie is great!

...but regardless, I wouldn't have wanted the first U2 single connected to any film, even "Spider-Man 2" :shifty:

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm glad the song wasn't included because the film is set in the '30s or '40s. A punkish rock tune would sound totally out of place - even over the end credits. I hate it when music from a movie doesn't match the time period. The Hands That Built America was different - that wasn't a rock song, and the mood fit beautifully with the movie Gangs of New York.

You people are MAD! lol...It was so corny, so contrived, so blatantly unoriginal that I couldn't stop laughing. Seriously, the 4 other people with me couldn't stop laughing either. It was so funny we ended up staying through the second half, but definantly not worth the $9 we spent on it.

Back
Top Bottom