Testje - shiny and new

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am just back from 3 days in Madrid, we just went sightseeing, the course was awful. We were out until 6 this morning and up at 9 and I was punished for all my nights out and not going to the course by being stuck on the slowest bus home (5 hours, my friends bus took 3) and dying of hunger, they don´t eat here and everything is fish, nothing but fish and bad milk.

I am really spoilt though, I am being brought back to Madrid again for 3 days at the end of October and the guy who owns the flat (I am the only girl there) got me a pink curtain for the bedroom and a little pink chair for putting on my make-up. People stare at you a lot here, there are no foreign folk in this city except the few of us teaching and we´re really really pale and the only people wearing summer clothes, it´s driving me absolutely bonkers now. And when people hear I am Irish they tell me they went to Dublin. I have talked about Dublin being good about 50 times in the past 4 days. I am alone now though and I hate it - I spent this evening crying and complaining on the phone. I love complaining! I have made friends here though and I´ll go out shopping with one tomorrow and then out in the evening. I also love the English teacher in my school who I work with and she took us out for drinks and shopping and texts me and tells me I can take days off work if I don´t feel like going in. She´s lovely. I have become very friendly with a girl in my course who is here too and she´s good fun, we know everyone in the Irish bars (I am really getting along with learning the lingo :shifty: ).

Bye :wave:

:reject:

Stop complaining about airfair, they are realy cheap. If it was possable to drive that distance you would not even got half way by car for that price .

Lara Mullen said:
I am just back from 3 days in Madrid, we just went sightseeing, the course was awful. We were out until 6 this morning and up at 9 and I was punished for all my nights out and not going to the course by being stuck on the slowest bus home (5 hours, my friends bus took 3) and dying of hunger, they don´t eat here and everything is fish, nothing but fish and bad milk.

I am really spoilt though, I am being brought back to Madrid again for 3 days at the end of October and the guy who owns the flat (I am the only girl there) got me a pink curtain for the bedroom and a little pink chair for putting on my make-up. People stare at you a lot here, there are no foreign folk in this city except the few of us teaching and we´re really really pale and the only people wearing summer clothes, it´s driving me absolutely bonkers now. And when people hear I am Irish they tell me they went to Dublin. I have talked about Dublin being good about 50 times in the past 4 days. I am alone now though and I hate it - I spent this evening crying and complaining on the phone. I love complaining! I have made friends here though and I´ll go out shopping with one tomorrow and then out in the evening. I also love the English teacher in my school who I work with and she took us out for drinks and shopping and texts me and tells me I can take days off work if I don´t feel like going in. She´s lovely. I have become very friendly with a girl in my course who is here too and she´s good fun, we know everyone in the Irish bars (I am really getting along with learning the lingo :shifty: ).

Bye :wave:

:clap:
Great to hear from you Laura!
(although there's also this email I still have to answer to... :shifty: )
So, whaddya think of Madrid? :drool:

And yes, the Spanish are extremely hotblooded about the weather, i.e. when there's no sun it means for them it's time to put on those gloves and thick coats. :D

Lara Mullen said:
hola testjes :hyper:

i absolutely adore living here!!!!!!!

and now i have to go because people keep shouting at me for not talking to them on msn while making me read 34098395038409850938 emails they sent in two weeks. :der:

:wave:

:applaud: :wave: laura!

awesome :up:

Rono said:
:reject:

Stop complaining about airfair, they are realy cheap. If it was possable to drive that distance you would not even got half way by car for that price .

I'm not complaining about the airfare - I agree it's really cheap. what annoys me is the way they have increased by 5x the amount you have to pay in tax and are pretending it's because of increased fuel prices :down:

:D

tax more than the airfare? did i read that right? what airline are you looking on :scratch:

Taxes :up: It pays for the wellfair when i got out of work or got handycaped and keeps the roads and public transportation running.

Tax reductions for the rich :down:

Lara Mullen said:
hola testjes :hyper:

i absolutely adore living here!!!!!!!

and now i have to go because people keep shouting at me for not talking to them on msn while making me read 34098395038409850938 emails they sent in two weeks. :der:

:wave:

Hey girl :wave:

Good to hear you've settled in and are enjoying it :up:
Thanks for your email, by the way :)

Popmartijn said:
Hello my dear!
:)

So, how's the Monday morning for you? :mac:

*already at home*

:lol: you're evil, marty.

luckily, i'm done for the day, too, now. :up:

hell. but at least it's done. i'd love to take a nap, but i know if i do i'll continue to be stuck on my ridiculous sleep schedule. it's a great sleep schedule to talk to you guys, but it's not so condusive to being able to function in my own time zone :down:

Back
Top Bottom