Te Puke, Bay Of Plenty, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, me too. Well, I guess it's because even though I thought the stuff I just listened to was okay, I know for a fact that if, say, this was their third album, I'd probably be on a Henry Rollins forum right now dissing them all the time. You read correctly, I don't actually do that.

YouTube - U2 - Two Hearts Beat As One (Live @ Red Rocks)

IIRC, it's not a very good version, either. :lol:

I bet you're on an Ian McCulloch forum ripping into U2 right now, though. :wink:

:laugh: Bono is embarrassing in that THBAO! Though I do love it when he tells Edge to shut up for a second.

Are you into spoilers? They're not incredibly clear, plus they have the odd waves and talking over, but you can certainly distinguish them. So if you've got the need, go for it.

I've just decided I won't listen, I'll wait till the album comes out.

Did you enjoy the marathon PM that hit your inbox the other day ax? :lol:

Did you enjoy the marathon PM that hit your inbox the other day ax? :lol:

:lol: Sorry I haven't got back to you yet - will once I'm healthier and my head feels like less of a thick pea soup!

:lol: Sorry I haven't got back to you yet - will once I'm healthier and my head feels like less of a thick pea soup!

:lol: Not a problem! I sent an email to Deakin as well, just waiting on a reply.

How are you feeling? Any better? You must have a shocking strain.

Just figured out I won't be going to Melb or La Trobe Uni, I need around 95s to get into those courses :laugh:

:lol: And a crappy marketing campaign to try and seem "cool" and "happening". When everyone'll just buy V anyway cause it seems to be the energy drink of choice.

:lol: Very true. I guess they're just reacting to the new flavour of Mother that's been brought out, literally advertised as better tasting than the previous one.

Red Bull only has two different types! Sugarfree and normal!

:lol: Not a problem! I sent an email to Deakin as well, just waiting on a reply.

How are you feeling? Any better? You must have a shocking strain.

Just figured out I won't be going to Melb or La Trobe Uni, I need around 95s to get into those courses :laugh:

I'm picking up. I've improved throughout today. Tomorrow, I have a lecture I really want to attend, so assuming I don't feel totally dire, I'll try to attend. Not entirely optimistic though.

I'd advise anybody against coming to Melbourne Uni for undergrad anyway. Not because it's a bad uni - it's fucking fantastic, that's why I'm there. Rather, it's because any new undergrad student would be stuck doing their degree under the "Melbourne Model" introduced this year, which is fucking shithouse. As I got in before this year, I've escaped the stupid Model.

I bet you're on an Ian McCulloch forum ripping into U2 right now, though. :wink:

:laugh: Bono is embarrassing in that THBAO! Though I do love it when he tells Edge to shut up for a second.

Haha, no. I mean, for one thing I actually like some of Rollins' output, I couldn't care less for McCulloch! Although I have been considering checking out some of the Bunnymen's better stuff after reading good things of it, but I wonder how much of it is just fan drivel. In any case, McCulloch is far more hilarious, no matter what he's talking about.

That might be the best bit, actually. :lol: Although, love handles aside, it'll be good to see it all cleaned up.

U-Wen, you been watching the Olympics? Specifically the Opening Ceremony?

I'm picking up. I've improved throughout today. Tomorrow, I have a lecture I really want to attend, so assuming I don't feel totally dire, I'll try to attend. Not entirely optimistic though.

I'd advise anybody against coming to Melbourne Uni for undergrad anyway. Not because it's a bad uni - it's fucking fantastic, that's why I'm there. Rather, it's because any new undergrad student would be stuck doing their degree under the "Melbourne Model" introduced this year, which is fucking shithouse. As I got in before this year, I've escaped the stupid Model.

:yuck: Even our years aren't totally immune, lots of people I know are missing out cause their subjects have been slashed.

Good to hear, what's the lecture on? And out of curiosity, what exactly are you doing at Melbourne? Postgrad degree?

I'll have to ask about these and this 'melbourne model' another time, as my eyelids are drooping. Night! :wave:

Haha, no. I mean, for one thing I actually like some of Rollins' output, I couldn't care less for McCulloch! Although I have been considering checking out some of the Bunnymen's better stuff after reading good things of it, but I wonder how much of it is just fan drivel. In any case, McCulloch is far more hilarious, no matter what he's talking about.

That might be the best bit, actually. :lol: Although, love handles aside, it'll be good to see it all cleaned up.

Ah, see, I'm not too sure if I'm familiar with any of Rollins' output, but I've listened to some Bunnymen albums. I find they're good on the first few listens but quickly become dull and simply don't last. I've never entirely bought into the "U2 were Bunnymen ripoffs" argument.

Yeah, I can't wait for good quality footage. It's been far too bloody long coming.

To add to my awesome purchase list for today, I got Queen's A Night At The Opera and A Day At The Races for $10 each! It's been a good day to be a fan of music thus far.

Good to hear, what's the lecture on? And out of curiosity, what exactly are you doing at Melbourne? Postgrad degree?

I'll have to ask about these and this 'melbourne model' another time, as my eyelids are drooping. Night! :wave:

Nah, I'm still in undergrad, but since I started early enough, I get to stay in the old degree structure. The lecture tomorrow's on New Zealand's Treaty of Waitangi and is set to be the only lecture on a Kiwi topic I'll ever have the chance to attend at uni, so I'm fucking determined to be there.

G'night! :wave:

Ah, see, I'm not too sure if I'm familiar with any of Rollins' output, but I've listened to some Bunnymen albums. I find they're good on the first few listens but quickly become dull and simply don't last. I've never entirely bought into the "U2 were Bunnymen ripoffs" argument.

Yeah, I can't wait for good quality footage. It's been far too bloody long coming.

I haven't heard that much of his music, not even much Black Flag work, but I've read a lot of his published writings. Generally pretty good.

Yeah, I call a lot of bullshit there. Plus, McCulloch's ego makes Bono's look like it belongs to a 13 year old pseudo-emo kid.

:yuck: Even our years aren't totally immune, lots of people I know are missing out cause their subjects have been slashed.

Oh, it's really hurt me in terms of subject selection. In PolSci especially, where this year I've done a couple of subjects I really couldn't give a shit about but I wanted to complete the major.

Now I wish I'd just done a double major in History.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom