Te Puke, Bay Of Plenty, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow four hours! NICE!

:lol: I'm afraid I misse dthat one!

:uhoh: am I being ignorant tat I deliberately do not want to listen to the new songs?

We then got through Kilbrittain, Ireland in 3 hours, 36 minutes! Haven't beaten that yet.

Nah, I'm just a junkie for spoilers. I'll check out any sample of new material, even if it sounds like it was recorded from the other end of a flooded wind tunnel.

:uhoh: am I being ignorant tat I deliberately do not want to listen to the new songs?

Nah, of course not. A few others here are avoiding spoilers, and I sort of wasn't so much into caring about it. But I've just heard them, they're not bad. There are certainly parts that remind me why I don't like U2's output this decade very much at all, but I think there's potential there. My only problem is really Bono's voice, even if it's supposedly technically superior than it used to be according to certain members, it just doesn't sound good to me.

So, there you go!

My only problem is really Bono's voice, even if it's supposedly technically superior than it used to be according to certain members, it just doesn't sound good to me.

I'll agree with this. Eighties Bono, whatever technical imperfections he may have had, sung in a manner that I find aesthetically pleasing. A lot of times this decade, he just sounds strained or ... "thin", I guess, even if there's nothing technically wrong with what he's doing.

That said, on Vertigo, he was nailing songs like The Fly, so he still can sing in a manner I find very listenable and enjoyable when he wants to.

We then got through Kilbrittain, Ireland in 3 hours, 36 minutes! Haven't beaten that yet.

now THAT is a nice name for an Irish city :lol:

nah, I don't know why I don't want to... guess I just wanna keep the surprise up a bit longer.. :reject: haven't bought any of the remasters from this summer either, nor do I have listened to the new songs... I guess the urge for anything U2-ish will return with the new album or so..

now THAT is a nice name for an Irish city :lol:

nah, I don't know why I don't want to... guess I just wanna keep the surprise up a bit longer.. :reject: haven't bought any of the remasters from this summer either, nor do I have listened to the new songs... I guess the urge for anything U2-ish will return with the new album or so..

Haha, I know! :laugh:

I nearly didn't buy the remasters; procrastinated for ages on ordering them. But Amazon had them at a good price and it's one of the U2 eras I loved, so I've sucked it up and ordered them. They won't be here until September, bah! If all the albums end up being remastered, I know I won't be buying the lot of them ...

I can definitely see myself buying them when they go down in price a lot (inevitable), but for now, fuck you, McGuinness.

On the other hand...

underbloodskydvd-.jpg

underbloodsky_delux-.jpg

I'm getting these as soon as it's out. :drool: Full tracklist now, I believe?

I can definitely see myself buying them when they go down in price a lot (inevitable), but for now, fuck you, McGuinness.

On the other hand...

underbloodskydvd-.jpg

underbloodsky_delux-.jpg

:ohmy: THAT looks FINE!

I'll get the dvd fo sho!

and I agree, maybe when they go down in price, but for now I don't give a rat's arse... now if it were AB remaster, or POP, oh I'd bite!

On the other hand...

underbloodskydvd-.jpg

underbloodsky_delux-.jpg

I got all three from Amazon, and including postage, the cost for all three comes to about AUS$80 for me. Half the price of what I'd pay if I bought them here!

And FUCK YES to UABRS. Nearly the full tracklist. I Fall Down is still missing.

Ah, of course. Still, not too bad for a U2 release, eh?

Honestly, since I don't like I Fall Down and would skip it most times after the first listen, it works for me to not have it! :lol:

I'll be ordering this as soon as possible, really. Or as soon as a bloody good deal appears anyway.

A bit disappointed the CD is just the original audio with nothing new added, though.

Honestly, since I don't like I Fall Down and would skip it most times after the first listen, it works for me to not have it! :lol:

I'll be ordering this as soon as possible, really. Or as soon as a bloody good deal appears anyway.

A bit disappointed the CD is just the original audio with nothing new added, though.

Heh, I have nothing against it, but it's no huge loss. Still, oh man. Released around the time of the Grand Final, too - so if I get sick of watching Geelong pound the Hawks, I can just pop the DVD in and watch some good times.

Heh, I have nothing against it, but it's no huge loss. Still, oh man. Released around the time of the Grand Final, too - so if I get sick of watching Geelong pound the Hawks, I can just pop the DVD in and watch some good times.

Ha. What I think is sad is that I'm more hyped about this than about the new album.

Wait up, doesn't Bono take off his shirt during THBAO?

[retracts preorder]

:laugh:

I haven't watched the bootlegged video of that part of the set for ages. But, well, it's War era Bono. He liked going shirtless then. Shirtless and mulleted.

So glad I'm legally blind sometimes.

Ha. What I think is sad is that I'm more hyped about this than about the new album.

Haha, me too. Well, I guess it's because even though I thought the stuff I just listened to was okay, I know for a fact that if, say, this was their third album, I'd probably be on a Henry Rollins forum right now dissing them all the time. You read correctly, I don't actually do that.

:laugh:

I haven't watched the bootlegged video of that part of the set for ages. But, well, it's War era Bono. He liked going shirtless then. Shirtless and mulleted.

So glad I'm legally blind sometimes.

YouTube - U2 - Two Hearts Beat As One (Live @ Red Rocks)

IIRC, it's not a very good version, either. :lol:

Just quickly guys are the new beach clips worth downloading?

I second what Bonnie said. As far as beach clips go, this is probably the second best batch we've had, the best being those from 2006 that gave us All My Life, I Believe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom