Switchfoot Opening for U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Switchfoot are cool and have plenty of talent. They excel at capturing the heart, even if they aren't the greatest musicians in the world. The same thing can be said of U2.

2Hearts said:
Switchfoot are cool and have plenty of talent. They excel at capturing the heart, even if they aren't the greatest musicians in the world. The same thing can be said of U2.

Yeah! And isn't the capturing of the heart what we like about U2? I'm sure Switchfoot would be a perfect choice...

haha Switchfoot are a joke, they capture poop

Dont count on the Killers, they'll be in studio around the time U2 start touring.

Its gonna be Scissor Sisters, Kings of Leon (confirmed) and Snow Patrol for at least part of the dates. Count on it.

Last edited:
How 'bout Radiohead? That would be OK with everyone wouldn't it?!!!

I wont mind if Franz Fernindad opened for U2..... dont care for Switchfoot much. The Killers would also be ok.

My order of rumored opening bands:

Killers!! :up:
Snow Patrol
Keane
Switchfoot
Scissor Sisters :down:

But really, I'm paying for U2. Anything else is just a bonus. No Doubt was very cool last time around, and I expect someone else good.

For many mid-level or emerging bands, opening for U2 would be a dream.

Still, I would rather see established groups like Red Hot Chili Peppers, Coldplay, Radiohead or Foo Fighters.

Those would all be cool, but probably won't happen.

Ody said:
My order of rumored opening bands:

Killers!! :up:
Snow Patrol
Keane
Switchfoot
Scissor Sisters :down:

But really, I'm paying for U2. Anything else is just a bonus. No Doubt was very cool last time around, and I expect someone else good.

For many mid-level or emerging bands, opening for U2 would be a dream.

Still, I would rather see established groups like Red Hot Chili Peppers, Coldplay, Radiohead or Foo Fighters.

Those would all be cool, but probably won't happen.

Killers will be in studio.
Franz Ferdinand will be in studio.
Snow Patrol are likely.
Keane will not be offered
Switchfoot will not be offered
Kings of Leon are confirmed
Scissor Sisters are likely.
Oasis are likely.

martha said:
I could sit through PJ Harvey again. Maybe only once this time though.

She's retired from live performing...

http://www.nme.com/news/110873.htm

RID OF HER?

PJ HARVEY sensationally revealed onstage in PARIS last night (December 17) that she is quitting playing live.

The star was performing in front of 350 competition winners at Studio 287 in northern France when she announced: "This is the last show I will ever play."

The comment came in the wake of the likely last ever live show from The Libertines on the same bill.

The comment also echoes the statement made by David Bowie back in 1973 at London Hammersmith Odeon. It later transpired he was only retiring his alter-ego Ziggy Stardust.

PJ Harvey played a set featuring songs covering her entire 13-year career, including 'Victory', 'Me Jane', 'Shame' and the closing 'Meet Ze Monsta'

Switchfoot.........ergh...........um..........erg................

no. God, no. The Scissor Sisters had one of the year's best albums and they play their songs well enough live....I don't see why everyone is ragging on them. I guarantee that the opening acts of the European dates will be far superior because the American openers will more than likely be Switchfootesque garbage that our nation is used to consuming.

I doubt anyone is raggin on Switchfoot has heard more than 2 songs by them... they are a well-established Christian band that has been in the game for a long time, and has just now gotten a couple of hit singles. I think they are just as good as Snow Patrol (who I'd equally like to see) but some people won't except them cuz they are popular with teens.

learn2kneel said:
I doubt anyone is raggin on Switchfoot has heard more than 2 songs by them... they are a well-established Christian band that has been in the game for a long time, and has just now gotten a couple of hit singles. I think they are just as good as Snow Patrol (who I'd equally like to see) but some people won't except them cuz they are popular with teens.

hahaha a well established Christian band, with about as much cred as Creed have.

U2 have gone from getting credible interesting openers like Public Enemy and Rage Against the Machine to Switchfoot?

Hahaha cold day in hell before Switchfoot opens for U2 much less be allowed to carry their laundry.

Well now, switchfoot is ok, and they have been around much longer than most anyone knows, but I DO NOT want them to open for U2 when I see them on my birthday in Houston! Give me any of the bands they've had so far (except sorry Snow Patrol) like Kings of Leon, Franz Ferdinand, Kaiser Cheifs, etc.

boosterjuice said:
I think Switchfoot would definitatly set the right mood for U2. Switchfoot is also a spiritual band. They also wait for "God to walk in the room".

what an incredibly assanine thing to say.

look at what idiotic quotes bono threw around has done.

please don't say that again, for my sake any everyone elses.

I am probably in the minority here that has actually had the misfortune of seeing Switchfoot live. They were abyzmal. I only went because a handful of my friends were complete die-hard Switch-blades.

My interest was lost after the first three songs. Their interest was lost after about 6 songs. The crowd was gone by about the 10 song mark.

I really think offering Switchfoot the suppourt slot on Leg 3 would be a big waste & dissapointment to all concerned.

There is no way Switchfoot could be worse than Kings Of Leon.

Switchfoot played in my school auditorium. Tickets were like $3 and I still didn't go, don't regret it either. :yawn:

If they're thát bad... I'm sure it's just a stupid rumour started by the band itself :D

Axver said:
There is no way Switchfoot could be worse than Kings Of Leon.

ding ding...winner.

The Kings were ok to see one time, I guess. But I went to 4 shows, it sucked....

Killers and Franz would be awesome but its very unlikely as other people have said (recording)

Oasis would be great but I think their too big, God knows their egos are.

Back
Top Bottom