SURVIVOR: Winner of POP and start of ATYCLB!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole album is great and it seems a shame to single one out! But as it is it's got to be...
NEW YORK
It just dosent have the grace and elegance of the rest of the songs on the album.

Oh and Please is a worthy winner of the Pop debate... Being from NI and all it definitely hits a nerve which I'm sure most of those who criticize it could never fathom. Never got all those who claim the album version is in some way weak as it's possibly the most complex, intricate and musically rewarding piece of music U2 have created to date. Glad that Gone was in there right to the end though as well!

Last edited:
I'm stuck between Grace and Wild Honey. Grace is actualy about something, while Wildhoney's a throw away pop song, that isn't overly interesting. But Grace is just an awkward sounding song.

I'll say Grace for this round as it's just kinda painful to listen to as it tries to work as a piece of music.

Dave, Im guessing perhaps some of the albums are slightly different in different countries. The album I own, and its just the standard Australian one, nothing special, has a track 12 - The Ground Beneath Her Feet, which is not on your list. Will it appear on another list? I wouldnt have cared if it was Grace (giggle, giggle) but unfortunately its my favourite song on All That You Cant Leave Behind.

Beli

beli said:
Dave, Im guessing perhaps some of the albums are slightly different in different countries. The album I own, and its just the standard Australian one, nothing special, has a track 12 - The Ground Beneath Her Feet, which is not on your list. Will it appear on another list? I wouldnt have cared if it was Grace (giggle, giggle) but unfortunately its my favourite song on All That You Cant Leave Behind.

Beli

It will be in the Miscellaneous groups.

Grace

Love the music, but hate the lyrics. Would have been nice if it were just an instrumental.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom