***Survivor - Albums - You Know You Want To

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the album you like the LEAST

• Boy

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • October

Votes: 38 28.4%
  • War

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Under A Blood Red Sky

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • The Unforgettable Fire

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • The Joshua Tree

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rattle and Hum

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Achtung Baby

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Zooropa

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Passengers

Votes: 44 32.8%
  • Pop

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • All That You Cant Leave Behind

Votes: 15 11.2%
  • How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
martha said:
I'm the one who voted for War. :reject:

I don't much like most of it, although Two Hearts is my favorite U2 song of all time always and forever.

Haven' t voted for War yet. First is Passengers. Mainly because it is not a U2 album. Yes, it has some good songs on it and some interesting musical pieces, but overall the album is a bit too patchy. When Passengers is gone, War is up next. :mad:

whackjester said:
And Passengers is worse than October? Wow.

Yes.

It's not my favourite record, but not my least favourite either. Especially the first half (or rather up to October) is very good. Gloria, Tomorrow, October, I Threw A Brick Through A Window, those are all great tracks!

lazarus said:
I know everyone has their own personal taste

OMG rilly!?!1/1/ i dont i liek wut every1 else lieks!111112 :wink:

Erm anyway...I'm gonna have to go with Passengers since I, em,
haven't really heard the album. :reject: I'll get it eventually. I know, it's not fair to vote for an album I haven't heard the whole thing of, but I don't wanna vote off October yet. It'd be nice if it lasted a couple rounds even though it probably won't :slant: Oh well, I just want Pop to last as long as possible...

Why is Passngers on here? That would be like including the Batman soundtrack or Mission Impossible. It's a Passengers album! Not a U2 album. I like ya' Beli, but I gotta say to that - whaaaaaaat? The inclusion of a live album was a bit sketchy too, because they're all songs from previous, already existing albums.

And whoever said the Best Of albums should be included - get a friggin' clue. They're BEST OFs. That completely defeats the point. The point of a 'Survivor' game is to see which album survives on its own merits. Putting an album with U2's greatest hits on the chart is just...well it's such a stupid, stupid idea that I'm not even going to waste any more time tearing down its logic. Not worth my time, since my life is already short.

-Miggy D

I originally had the list from the Norwegian interview where Bono went through the albums one-by-one. Bono did not mention Passengers, Under a Blood Red Sky, Rattle and Hum, and the Best Ofs.

I could have excluded Rattle and Hum on the grounds that Bono didnt mention it (I'm guessing probably an oversight) and the fact theres cover songs recorded on the album ie U2 didnt write all the songs.

Passengers features all 4 of U2. Batman is just Edge. Mission Impossible is half the band. That was my logic. And the fact that Miss Sarejavo is some peoples all time favourite song and I want those people to be able to vote for the album if they so chose.

Under a Blood Red Sky, I believe was included in previous Survivors. I was attempting to make the games stastically relevant, for what thats worth. lol. But I couldnt locate the previous Survivors so Im running on memory. Anyway, a few people prefer live U2 to studio U2.

I prefer to include too many albums. It stuffs up the game a bit if an option is added later eg Fast Cars was added midgame in the song Survivor.

I had to draw a line in the sand. So I added Rattle and Hum, Passengers, and Under a Blood Red Sky to Bonos list.

Im sure the dust will settle pretty quickly and any album that the majority believe shouldn't have been included will be voted off pretty darn quickly.

Unless, of course, everyone votes off October instead. :(

Last edited:
Miggy D said:
Why is Passngers on here? That would be like including the Batman soundtrack or Mission Impossible. It's a Passengers album! Not a U2 album. I like ya' Beli, but I gotta say to that - whaaaaaaat? The inclusion of a live album was a bit sketchy too, because they're all songs from previous, already existing albums.

And whoever said the Best Of albums should be included - get a friggin' clue. They're BEST OFs. That completely defeats the point. The point of a 'Survivor' game is to see which album survives on its own merits. Putting an album with U2's greatest hits on the chart is just...well it's such a stupid, stupid idea that I'm not even going to waste any more time tearing down its logic. Not worth my time, since my life is already short.

-Miggy D

Passengers songs are featured on U2's best of 1990-2000. :|

martha said:

I was going to say just this, but you beat me to it. I wonder if many people realize that all four members are on that record? :huh:

The band obviously considers it a U2 record since they included a track from it on Best Of. Go figure. :shrug:

Aww crap, you beat me to it!

Miggy D said:
The inclusion of a live album was a bit sketchy too, because they're all songs from previous, already existing albums.

Yeah, that two-track album containing 11 O'clock Tick Tock and Party Girl is a real corker! My absolute favourite! Oh, why isn't it on album survivor? Hmm ...

By the way, I'd like to propose a Single Survivor, just to see how well - or poorly - non-album songs such as Another Day and A Celebration do, especially up against incredible single releases such as The Unforgettable Fire and ISHFWILF.

Laz, it was a TV interview. Its a huge file. 1 GB. Too big to email.

The file is called:

u22004-12-22 U2 Special on Norwegian Channel NRK

I cant recall where I downloaded it from now. Maybe Ezytrees (sp?)? The link was probably either in the New album forum or PLEBA.

Sorry that doesnt really help. Im a bit of a "save and forget" person. :huh:

Axver, Dave ran a song survivor that went on for ever. It was a huge contest (thanks Dave). Is that what you mean? Or do you mean something structured a different way?

beli said:
Axver, Dave ran a song survivor that went on for ever. It was a huge contest (thanks Dave). Is that what you mean? Or do you mean something structured a different way?

I think perhaps he means songs that were released as singles?

Actually, I think someone in either this thread or the results from the last Survivor thread was also talking about a similar type of Survivor. Maybe Axver can coordinate with that person. (Sorry I have forgotten your name. )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom