Surrender memoire setlist....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's just your opinion.
This is actually an example where my statement can be proven or disproven based on how the person actually views things. If they confirm that they do believe their point of view to be fact then my comment is also a fact if they say that isn’t the case perhaps with something to back it up then that proves it not to be the case and my statement to be false. Although we already know they believe their opinion to be fact at least in certain examples but perhaps it isn’t a mindset they have across the board.

This is actually an example where my statement can be proven or disproven based on how the person actually views things. If they confirm that they do believe their point of view to be fact then my comment is also a fact if they say that isn’t the case perhaps with something to back it up then that proves it not to be the case and my statement to be false. Although we already know they believe their opinion to be fact at least in certain examples but perhaps it isn’t a mindset they have across the board.

That’s your opinion.

Seems like you don’t know the difference between opinion and fact. Please come back when you’ve learned the difference.
You do realise you’re just repeating what I’ve said? I thought you had to be a certain age to get on this forum, do we allow 5 year olds? No it’s still you who doesn’t know the difference, my post you were referring to is very much facts only. You may struggle to grasp that.

Looks like last night's show was good. Thankfully, there weren't any dicks that approached the stage.

good-will-hunty-drama.gif

Larry was on a vacation cruise with family and fell over the guardrailing while taking a selfie. The fan who saved his life jumped into the water after hearing the ship’s captain exclaim in panic that “Mr. Mullen was not on board”.

True story. FACTS.

Jesse, take a walk to the front of the room
Bono wouldn't mind, is what he assumes
He gets up from his seat, his book in his hand
Gonna interrupt the show, thinks everyone will understand

He's slippery, and running down
If security gets him, he'll hit the ground

It's all trite, it's all trite... All trite
He moves in dickish ways
It's all trite, it's all trite... All trite
He moves in dickish ways

It was ok because it was allowed to be ok. The security didn’t step in to the point where they removed him and Bono agreed to sign it. That’s why it was ok. If Bono had ignored or refused and security kicked him out I think he would have had to accept that as well. Ultimately if everyone went up at the same time Bono would eventually just refuse and have to allow security to do their job. I wouldn’t criticise anyone for trying though or call it a dick move.

This is the most ridiculous post of a lot of them you've made here.

1) "It was ok because it was allowed to be ok."

I've worked security at venues smaller than what Bono is touring now. I've worked stadium shows. I've worked everything in between.

It is a 100% completely and totally different dynamic at a show this intimate. Any enforcement action you take, never mind one as strong as physically stopping someone, is going to be far more noticeable and disruptive with a smaller crowd.

I'd hazard a guess when someone makes a play for a stadium stage, the handful of people in the immediate area are the only ones that notice him get taken down quickly.

So straight enforcement is shied away from in general at shows like this. Unless it's something clearly dangerous and/or threatening.

Having first hand experience specific to U2, if you work anywhere near the band, you are briefed separately by Brian (Bono's personal guard) as well as Scott and Jerry, U2's security directors. Brian's most emphatic point is: For things that we clearly see happening (like your friend approaching with book in hand, not a sneak attack) "When in doubt, make eye contact with me and let Bono guide the interaction. If neither one of us are acting like we need to get this guy the hell away and fast, don't go hands on. We will find a way to handle it!"

I can guarantee you this is what happened here. Security was smart not to remove him because they followed the instructions from Brian which are in place mostly to ensure the show isn't disrupted.

Your point here is laughable. It would be a shock to me if security intervened on anything short of someone running up in a hostile or violent manner at a show like this. It far from makes it okay or is a point in your favor to say "well they didn't stop him!"

That's like saying the cops condone shoplifting because they didn't chase a shoplifter driving away at 100mph at rush hour in a densely populated area. They don't! Obviously. They just made the correct calculation that a $18 carton of razor blades wasn't worth a pursuit that could easily kill a bunch of innocent people.

Confronting your friend, in a loud verbal or physical way, was not worth the disruption to the show. Not when Bono had it under control and I'm sure Brian was just out of site nodding his head at local security as if to say "it's okay, we've got it"

Doesn't mean it was welcome.

As for opinion versus fact, you're right, this isn't something that can be proven like gravity.

Think of it like the legal system. It turns on what is REASONABLE!! Reasonable doubt. What a reasonable person would conclude from the circumstances.

And no REASONABLE PERSON would defend what your friend did. We call that reasonable standards of decency, not sheep.

2) "Ultimately if everyone went up at the same time, Bono would have to refuse and let security do their jobs. I wouldn't criticize anyone for it or call it a dick move."

That's fine if you want to be unreasonable. It clearly is a dick move to anyone reasonable.

But saying you'd be okay with it (no criticism from you), where does that leave us? Just make every show a free for all?!

Yes, let's everyone just rush the stage. Stop Bono everywhere he is. Wait outside his house with shit to sign. Interrupt him at a restaurant. A studio recording session.

All bets are off, right?

Because that's what you're suggesting here! If you're going to interrupt an intimate, spoken word show like this, and defend it, whether you realize it or not, there aren't many lines you are suggesting are off limits.

People sometimes forget that famous people are just that! PEOPLE like you and I and everyone else.

Seems the guy who is asking if we have a minimum age to register here is the one who needs to do some growing up.

Back
Top Bottom