Summer 2006 - U2 in EZE, France?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2wildhoney

The Fly
Well, I heard U2 has been making some songs for the new album, this summer, in EZE, France. Please write here, if you know more about it, or made photos...I herad some French, and Hungarian fans heard them at a reherseal.

There's a whole thread about the new "beach cllips" (18 min. of music recorded by fans in Eze) in the "New Album" section, also with download links. I am curious about some of the fans who said they have seen/met members of the band recently. Hope to hear more from them very soon.

I am going to Eze within the next month!
I'll go on holidays to the south of france August 5, till august 27... and my parents promised me we're going to Eze one day!

:shifty:

I'll take a sound recording device with me...

we were in Nice two weeks ago, and we went to Eze. We were there when they played these songs... it was amazing. we saw Adam, Edge, Bono, all of their kids, Ali, Morleigh and Suzan and Bono's dog as well :)))

we didn't want to take photos about them, because they had holiday there...and the kids were everywhere...you can understand...we didn't want to be ugly fans....

we made only a few picture when there was no kid and no wife around them :)
We took a picture of Adam, when he was standig with his back to us and we took one about Edge on the day when they were playing the new songs. And we have one about Bono but it's quite bad.

Anyway it was amazing...
Bono and Edge had some guests (as we know they were The Strokes and some of their friends) and they had dinner on the terrace. Edge looked down and checked how many people are under the terrace then he went back and a few minutes later "the boys played rock & roll" :)

eze1.jpg

eze2.jpg

(nezd meg a blogomat, ott a teljes sztori meg tobb foto is, bar gondolom a u2hun mar lattad, oda feltettem a linket)

Last edited:
there were ~10 people on the beach front of the house and they exactly knew that some of them were fans and not simple sunbather...(some of them wore one camapign's wristband) so I think they're getting great PR and some good feedback for free.

zsuzso said:
there were ~10 people on the beach front of the house and they exactly knew that some of them were fans and not simple sunbather...(some of them wore one camapign's wristband) so I think they're getting great PR and some good feedback for free.

I wonder if they ever come down on the beach (to meet the fans), but since they had visitors I guess they didn't when you were there.

once Bono's daughter came down to the beach and the strokes boys also came down

they don't care about the fans, and the fans didn't disturbe them, everyone was nice

Last edited:
we didn't know that Bono's in Eze when we went to France... we were lucky soooo lucky.... I hope your holiday gonna be as good as ours was

Eze sur mer, Eze village, Beaulieu, Villefrance are beautiful places

thanks for posting zsuzso!

By the way, my mother-in-law is from Hungary and I believe they had a paprikra farm way back when... :wave:

Thank you, what a story! I think it's great they are in France having a good and relaxing time with their families AND making some new music. Can you post the Bono pic as well? What did he look like?

last unicorn said:
Thank you, what a story! I think it's great they are in France having a good and relaxing time with their families AND making some new music. Can you post the Bono pic as well? What did he look like?

Zsuzsó, thanks for sharing the photos with us and telling the whole story! (No, I haven't read about it on u2.hu, a friend of mine read it and told it to me.) You and the other u2-fanatics, who heard them in Eze are extremely lucky! I envy you a bit I'm gettin a bit yellow because of it.;) .......

Are there any French U2-maniacs who saw U2 in Eze?

Last edited:
Bono's Doll said:
Can I ask what kind of doggie B has? :heart:

I was wondering the same thing. I have to say I’m not a big dog fan, but I can see Bono as a dog person.

we saw these dogs, as I know the bigger one is Bono's dog, I have no idea about who's the small one :)

nizza1%2017311.jpg

the picture of Bono is really bad quality :( so i reather won't put it up on the net

Last edited:
are you sure it's Bono's dog :scratch:

it doesn't look like a german shepard to me!

sdoggardenov7.jpg

these are his dogs, the one in front, and the one in the shadows... :huh: does he have more than two now?

oh, this is the same dog I think... :hmm:

larryfloatinginpoolmd0.jpg

Last edited:
:hmm: yeah, you're right..... and according to Kafrun the pool pic is Bono's pool aswell...
guess he got a third dog then, or maybe one died... we'll never know :lol:

zsuzso said:
we saw these dogs, as I know the bigger one is Bono's dog, I have no idea about who's the small one :)

nizza1%2017311.jpg

the picture of Bono is really bad quality :( so i reather won't put it up on the net

That is really a cute pic - no matter who these dogs belong to!

Thanks for posting your pics.:wink:

I wonder if the blond lab (or whatever it is, it looks like a lab) and Pekingese stay in Eze and the GSDs stay at Bono's home? Who knows, I just guess this because in the photos of the GSDs they appear to be free on the grounds which would make me think they are also for guarding purposes. Guard dogs are best when left in their familiar environment with the people they see every day (Bono's family and staff). Also, it seems all the photos including the lab were taken in France.

Or, maybe the lab is Larry's dog? Aren't there older photos of him posing with his dogs?

Galeongirl said:
:hmm: yeah, you're right..... and according to Kafrun the pool pic is Bono's pool aswell...
guess he got a third dog then, or maybe one died... we'll never know :lol:

It's possible one or both of the GSDs died. :( I think the quote about "Fanny and Angel" is almost 10 years old, making the dogs themselves at least that age.

Back
Top Bottom